Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

http://www.dcfever.com/ for example, its selling the canon 580exII at rougly $548 sgd.
I think you have misunderstood my earlier message. I was referring to citiwide technologies shop limited. Can you provide me with a link in which citiwide technologies is selling something in price.com.hk? I was hoping I can get more info from that link, info such as address and phone no.

dcfever is a reputable shop in HK.

I think you have misunderstood my earlier message. I was referring to citiwide technologies shop limited. Can you provide me with a link in which citiwide technologies is selling something in price.com.hk? I was hoping I can get more info from that link, info such as address and phone no.

\

i hope this is what you mean. http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=112840

Also, the prices quoted from the websites from wing shing, seems to be no different from the hk canon website, are the prices stated on the website only for show?

n from my observation .. their price always seems to be 1 of the lowest..
sounds good..are the staff inside friendly n professional? According to you.
will be going HK at dec ^^

oh and another thing, i dont intend to carry so much cash around, so do shops raise the prices like they do here when paying with card?

oh and another thing, i dont intend to carry so much cash around, so do shops raise the prices like they do here when paying with card?
pls read the first few post...
HK pple refer cash..if u pay cash u might be able to bargain for lower price..alittle. if u pay card..usually. no negotiate.

Hats off CS tan. All the info on this thread is awesome and the effort is much appreciated! Just because of this thread, I have convinced my missus that hongkong is an awesome place for general shopping. lol. I have evil plans of my own though. Planning to get a sigma 150-500 and tokina 11-16 in mid july. From the looks of it, there are substantial savings to be made. I am assuming both the companies give international warranty, if the correct warranty cards are in the box.
Too tempted to get a decent tripod/ballhead combo going. But I just dont know enough about those. :dunno: Hopefully should something about that. soon.
Thanks again bro!

A slight correction there. It seems tokina does NOT provide international warranty. Might have to reconsider the purchase :embrass:

Yeap true no more international warranty, hence i bought mine from b&s thread. Any idea is there any much different in buying b&w nd110 here compare to hk?

I dun get ur meaning...Y is there a GST of 7%... Is it being charge at singapore custom or the shop in hk charge u the 7% GST??? Thought HK is suppose to be tax free.... Can you enlighten me?

Hi all,

I am wondering if any of you have any experience shopping at Echo Photo at Tsim Sha Tsui.

I have been buying from the shop in the last few years spending over $10k with them. Generally I am very happy with my purchases and the prices are very competitive.

My sister travels to HK regularly so I usually call the shop first, they quoted me and my sister would visit the shop to purchase it.

I am kind of frustrated with them now for quoting one price when I called and when my sister visit the shop they said the price is diferent day by day. This happened one time last year and I ended up paying more.

Today my sister went to the shop planning to purchase a Canon 85mm f1.2 lens. They said they don't have stock and need to order and the price varies and may be higher.

I am losing trust in this shop and I feel the way they quote on prices are deceiving. I might as well purchase it from BH & Video website where the prices very competitive as well. But unfortunately in my last purchase from the website, I was slapped with a 7% GST as I listed my company name.

Please share your experience if any. Thanks.

I will be going to HK next month... Anyone recommend shop for me as i will be getting some lens there... Other than those recommended in the sticky???

plan to get Tokina 11-16, any idea how much is this in Hong Kong?

bragbig said:
I dun get ur meaning...Y is there a GST of 7%... Is it being charge at singapore custom or the shop in hk charge u the 7% GST??? Thought HK is suppose to be tax free.... Can you enlighten me?

I think he meant b&h included the 7% gst on his order.

I think it is not so much the company name being listed..it's a requirement imposed by Singapore customs which is required to collect import gst on behalf on iras

Hi guys! Just back from hk trip. Got my 580exII at HK$3480 which is roughly $580? Thanks so much for the help CS Tan!

Hi. Does anyone have any idea how much a pack of Fujifilm Instax Mini film costs in HK? And where can I get the best price for them? Thanks!

LArdius said:
Hi guys! Just back from hk trip. Got my 580exII at HK$3480 which is roughly $580? Thanks so much for the help CS Tan!

Omg... I am so tempted to get one as well... Any of u guys faced any problems with your ex580 so far?

Can share which shop u purchase from? I am getting one when i go HK later in Aug too... Also u purchase the local set or the grey set?

I thought of getting tamron 90mm for nikon. ya can anyone share which store to get from? Btw how to identify local set or grey set, which will have international warranty? I will be going hk next wk..

Last edited:
Hi, I'm at HK now, anyone knows where I can get Black Rapid stuffs here? I'm also looking for kata 3n1-22 or 33.
Any shops here offering good price for accessories?

anyone recently bought a 5d mk2 from hk?could advise whats the price like thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.