HOKKAIDO [A Travelogue] - limwhow & SereneXMM

Hey

Every time I think of Hokkaido travelogue, I will find your thread and read again and look at all the nice photos you have.

Planning to go Hokkaido during autumn this year so there won't be snowing. Anyway, will definitely go during winter one or two years down the road

Day 5: Feeding the monkeys...

5472885058_5b465cb0c1_b.jpg

Hi, very nice pics!!

The monkeys in the Hakodate Botanical gardens are being caged or roam freely? Will there be snow on the grounds surrounding the monkeys?
Do they come close enough to you that they can snatch your belongings away? (bad experience with the monkeys at Bt Timah and Penang...)

I'll be going Hokkaido next week, so am considering going to this garden but so far I can only find its Japanese website and that site doesn't say take which bus there. Do you remember the directions?

Thanks.

------
travelblog: http://goawaysam.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Hi, very nice pics!!

The monkeys in the Hakodate Botanical gardens are being caged or roam freely? Will there be snow on the grounds surrounding the monkeys?
Do they come close enough to you that they can snatch your belongings away? (bad experience with the monkeys at Bt Timah and Penang...)

I'll be going Hokkaido next week, so am considering going to this garden but so far I can only find its Japanese website and that site doesn't say take which bus there. Do you remember the directions?

Thanks.

------
travelblog: Go Away, Sam...
Thank you samtcy.
No, the monkeys are well behaved and are away from the crowd. So they cannot come near us.
We took the Tram (Densha) to Yu-No-Gawa Station and walked from there. But take it from me, the walk, although wonderful, is not a short one.
Unless you have loads of time and are in not a hurry.
You gotta keep asking people along the way how to get to Ne-dai Shoku-butzu-En (tropical botanic gardens) and they will gladly point it out to you.
Alternatively there is a bus that goes to about 200 metres away from the entrance. You would probably have to ask your hotel concierge for the directions.

Thank you samtcy.
No, the monkeys are well behaved and are away from the crowd. So they cannot come near us.
We took the Tram (Densha) to Yu-No-Gawa Station and walked from there. But take it from me, the walk, although wonderful, is not a short one.
Unless you have loads of time and are in not a hurry.
You gotta keep asking people along the way how to get to Ne-dai Shoku-butzu-En (tropical botanic gardens) and they will gladly point it out to you.
Alternatively there is a bus that goes to about 200 metres away from the entrance. You would probably have to ask your hotel concierge for the directions.

Thanks for the directions. I'll go ask the hotel as well and see what I can come up with when I'm there.

:)

Glad to find this thread again. Reading this travelogue so many times but I am yet to get bored!

One year down, we are finally going to Hokkaido. Really looking forward due to the excellent photos in this thread and Samcry's thread.

Glad to find this thread again. Reading this travelogue so many times but I am yet to get bored!

One year down, we are finally going to Hokkaido. Really looking forward due to the excellent photos in this thread and Samcry's thread.

Haha.. thank you TangKF!
It's been so long already. You dug out this thread again.. My goodness. LOL..

Haha.. thank you TangKF!
It's been so long already. You dug out this thread again.. My goodness. LOL..

Welcome *8)

Anyway, this thread is still one of the best I have seen, as a travelogue. I can feel the warmth inside these photos

Hope you bring back nice photos to share also.

Thanks for sharing yr travelogue.. Been reading entire thread for 4hrs. I like it..

Hey limwhow, just to bump up the thread and say thanks to your immensely interesting and entertaining travelogue which kept me and wife entertained while preparing for our trip in Hokkaido. Thanks again for the amount of time and energy in keeping this thread so informative and fun. Cheers LP!

Thanks for sharing yr travelogue.. Been reading entire thread for 4hrs. I like it..

loveko, sorry for the late reply. I thank you so much for your appreciation!
Wow... you really took 4 hours to read it ah..? LOL..
Hope you enjoyed it. Sincerely.

Hey limwhow, just to bump up the thread and say thanks to your immensely interesting and entertaining travelogue which kept me and wife entertained while preparing for our trip in Hokkaido. Thanks again for the amount of time and energy in keeping this thread so informative and fun. Cheers LP!

wonglp, thank you so much for your encouragement.
Sorry for my late reply, just returned from another (hmm... more adventurous) trip with my children... Haha...
It's been such a long time, since our trip... two year already yah.. LOL..
I really do hoped it had helped you in your preparation for Hokkaido!