Here comes Nikon D200... finally a reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
bumjube said:
obvious ... its a d200 with the optional base

fren... u can tell from that low-res pic that a vertical grip is attached? Props to you, and you may well be right. In any case, i've already stated my point why it would be quite silly for someone to do that--but admittedly, stranger things have happened. :)

gooseberry said:
Going by the menu from the review sites, the internal flash for the D200 can control up to 3 groups (one for the internal flash itself and another two groups)

Thanks for the elaborate explanation bro :)

RiStaR said:
fren... u can tell from that low-res pic that a vertical grip is attached? Props to you. In any case, i've already stated my point why it would be quite silly for someone to do that--but admittedly, stranger things have happened. :)

In my experience, the CLS control pulses from the D70 do not cut fast enough such that it actually creeps into the exposure time in some cases. Try doing a test with the inbuilt flash as remote commander into a mirror, you can see the flash burst in the shot, even though its not supposed to be there. This can and will affect macro exposures.

A near IR/IR controller like the SU-800 would be much preferred in such cases as it will never contribute to flash exposure.

Zerstorer said:
In my experience, the CLS control pulses from the D70 do not cut fast enough such that it actually creeps into the exposure time in some cases. Try doing a test with the inbuilt flash as remote commander into a mirror, you can see the flash burst in the shot, even though its not supposed to be there. This can and will affect macro exposures.

A near IR/IR controller like the SU-800 would be much preferred in such cases as it will never contribute to flash exposure.

This is true but how often does one shoot into a mirror? And the flash output of the inbuilt speedlight when used in commander mode would most definitely be less than the two or more larger flashes in front.

The only issue I can see that being a problem is with portraits and the catchlights--if you wanted only two of them.

RiStaR said:
This is true but how often does one shoot into a mirror? And the flash output of the inbuilt speedlight when used in commander mode would most definitely be less than the two or more larger flashes in front.

The only issue I can see that being a problem is with portraits and the catchlights--if you wanted only two of them.

For macro work, when objects are reflective it may be sufficient to be a concern.

RiStaR said:
Isn't this with the D2x? Abit silly if it's the D200... afterall the D200's internal flash does what the SU800 is supposed to do.....
Aiyah, it is only shown together. The SU800 can be used on all DSLRs, even D1, D1X, etc that does not have a built-in flash.

RiStaR said:

Other than macros, i use CLS when during weddings when i put it in the bride's room and i am standing in the living room just outside the door. Can get the image flash from the body in the pic (usually the door). That's another eg for ya...

2100 said:
Other than macros, i use CLS when during weddings when i put it in the bride's room and i am standing in the living room just outside the door. Can get the image flash from the body in the pic (usually the door). That's another eg for ya...

Don't quite get what you mean but I'll accept it--you can tell i'm not a big fan of flash photography ;)

That said, I'm exploring the setup for macros. But like what Danny said, the cost looks amazingly prohibitive. For just a bit more than the SU800 can buy another SB800 already... sheesh

RiStaR said:
fren... u can tell from that low-res pic that a vertical grip is attached? Props to you, and you may well be right. In any case, i've already stated my point why it would be quite silly for someone to do that--but admittedly, stranger things have happened. :)

i just happen to have a d2x :) and know it doesnt look like that,plus you can see the line where the grip starts

30304_12.jpg

More monster toys!

Top left image has an interesting cover that blocks the pre-flashes (sorry if I used wrong term here). Wonder if stick an exposed negative on the flash would have the same effect?

../azul123

azul123 said:
Top left image has an interesting cover that blocks the pre-flashes (sorry if I used wrong term here). Wonder if stick an exposed negative on the flash would have the same effect?

../azul123
that interesting cover is an OPTIONAL ACCESSORy

IR Panel for Built-in Flash SG-3IR

Enables Commander function by built-in flash of the Nikon D200/D70s/D70 cameras.

SU-800_SB-R200-SG-3IR.jpg

ortega said:
that interesting cover is an OPTIONAL ACCESSORy

IR Panel for Built-in Flash SG-3IR

Enables Commander function by built-in flash of the Nikon D200/D70s/D70 cameras.

SU-800_SB-R200-SG-3IR.jpg
Hmmmm.....

I wonder if I can put large white diffuser instead of IR panel to soften build-in flash for macro with only build-in flash...., or put fresnel lens to gain more GN number for tele lenses' coverage :think: .

No money to buy complete set :cry: .

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Hmmmm.....

I wonder if I can put large white diffuser instead of IR panel to soften build-in flash for macro with only build-in flash...., or put fresnel lens to gain more GN number for tele lenses' coverage :think: .

No money to buy complete set :cry: .

Regards,
Arto.

yes you can, or you can buy this

softscreen.jpg

http://www.lumiquest.com/softscreen.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.