Help needed to explain this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wad's yr model and where did u take the pic from? Care to show? Any link to that pic?

Tell me how well it works out. Where did you get your ND110 btw?

I want to get a many-stop ND, but read that B+W got a little color cast. I am now deciding between B+W ND110 and Hoya ND400.

Ya, my ang mo friends all hike to some mountain in the middle of nowhere, set up start the shutter, and lie in the dark and wait. That's why I say need a lot of patience.

This was done ages ago somewhere in Mersing using film. I forgot the exposure details but it was using 28/1.4 on FM10. From the trail length, the exposure seems to be around 30min. The lab scratched the entire roll of my film right smack in the middle of all the frames.. :sweat: I was admiring the Milky Way while the shots were being exposed. ;p And there was no such thing as long exposure NR.....

polaris.jpg

Last edited:
This was done ages ago somewhere in Mersing using film. I forgot the exposure details but it was using 28/1.4 on FM10. From the trail length, the exposure seems to be around 30min. The lab scratched the entire roll of my film right smack in the middle of all the frames.. :sweat: I was admiring the Milky Way while the shots were being exposed. ;p And there was no such thing as long exposure NR.....

polaris.jpg
awesome...... doubt we able to do it locally

you need a very dark moonless cloudless night sky and far far away from street lamp building lights etc...... if you can find it in SG :bsmilie:

anyway, think some people use stacking technique for overcoming some issue of extreme long exposure

Great stuff!

Tell me how well it works out. Where did you get your ND110 btw?

I want to get a many-stop ND, but read that B+W got a little color cast. I am now deciding between B+W ND110 and Hoya ND400.

I got it from VisionTechnik from Mass Sales...77mm sold out le. I got his last 72mm piece from him just now. Haha. Now i need to figure it out on how to get this to work. Will explore over the weekend.

polaris.jpg

Nice stuff man..bet u can shoot better now.

Dude! That is so sweet! Damn those labs!

Catchlights, thanks for sharing that youtube video. It's hella cool. Just installed the stacking script and it rocks!

Nice stuff man..bet u can shoot better now.

Maybe, maybe not. I shoot mainly digital nowadays so exposure time is going to be a lot shorter because there there is no reciprocity failure unlike film so I'll have to start using ND filter if I want that kind of trails. But most important factor is I didn't have time for these kind of activities nowadays. That was during a trip with some of the TASOS people several years back.

Last edited:
Ya, my ang mo friends all hike to some mountain in the middle of nowhere, set up start the shutter, and lie in the dark and wait. That's why I say need a lot of patience.

Hahaha! I did 30 minutes while i was on kilimanjaro. It was so cold, the sensor never even really heated up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.