Haunted House?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Few years back, my mum has a friend who told her that the ghost appear in front of them when they first shifted into the new house.My mum's friend(the owner) told the ghost that you dun disturb me, I dun disturb you. Let's live peacefully.

However, 2 years later, the ghost broke the contract and harass them everyday. When it comes to the 7th month, the ghost will appear on the last day of the 6th month and demand them to offer standard food used in offerings everyday in the 7th month.

i think all these talk about superstitions should stop.

the Chinese's 'celebration' of 7th month is a combination of Buddhist practice and Chinese farming rituals to 'pray' for good harvest in autumn.

in Buddha's time, plagues often occurred during the month of the 7th moon. that was the time of monsoon, when many places were flooded. as such practising monks do not go out to beg for alms as often. in place, people around monasteries bring offerrings of food, water and clean clothes. in return for the kindness, monks hold ceremonies to thank the people and forward this kindness to unfortunate 'beings'

Chinese in the past mixed that with folk practices of making offerrings to spirits in fields.

in the first place, if you understand enough Buddhism, ghosts do not exist.

If you understand enough Buddhism Ghost never exist?? Which Buddhist masters/teachers/guru said that? Can you pls quote some Dharma text to prove that Lord Buddha mentioned that ghost does not exist?

It is clearly stated by the Buddha that there are 6 planes of existence in this world:-
1) God
2) Demi-God
3) Human
4) Asuras
5) Animals
6) Peta (Hungry ghost)

Now, I am really keen to know who let you got the idea of ghost does not exist in Buddhism?

If you understand enough Buddhism Ghost never exist?? Which Buddhist masters/teachers/guru said that? Can you pls quote some Dharma text to prove that Lord Buddha mentioned that ghost does not exist?

It is clearly stated by the Buddha that there are 6 planes of existence in this world:-
1) God
2) Demi-God
3) Human
4) Asuras
5) Animals
6) Peta (Hungry ghost)

Now, I am really keen to know who let you got the idea of ghost does not exist in Buddhism?

if you are really interested

http://www.bfnn.org/book/books/0014.htm

§佛教相信靈魂的實在嗎?

不。佛教不相信有一個永恒不變的靈魂,如果相信了靈魂的實在,那就不是正信的佛教徒,而是「神我外道」。

'Ghost' is a name given to a form of existence that resulted from bad returns (karma)

an existence can be as simple as a thought.

Scriptures cannot be read superficially. alot of misinterpretations have been publicised by unknowing individuals who do not read the meaning of scripts in accordance to the context but instead took the superficial meaning off the text, creating lots of superstitious practices and beliefs around Buddhism. since you practise Tibetan Buddhism, you should know what karma is and how that's related to what you are experiencing now. from there your problems will be solved.

Hey! I know this is a forum of free speech but dun get overboard! What kind of silly comments you had made and while I am really seeking for help! Just look at what the hell you had posted here: -

Pls be more sensible in your words! You dun help nevermind but dun post this kind of remarks ok? I bloody curse your house kena all Ghost, Dorje Shunden and etc! :thumbsd:

:bsmilie: cool down! why r u so upset?
u can PM me if u wanna get personal with me. it's fine! :bsmilie:

cool down, i symphatise with ur situation. u mistook my intention as i'm a firm believer in spiritual beings too although they haf no effect on me! :bsmilie: .

:bsmilie: cool down! why r u so upset?
u can PM me if u wanna get personal with me. it's fine! :bsmilie:

cool down, i symphatise with ur situation. u mistook my intention as i'm a firm believer in spiritual beings too although they haf no effect on me! :bsmilie: .

:bsmilie: you invited them to tea with cheesecake?

Nope, I had been practicing mantras of Amitabha Buddha, Guru Rinpoche and Kulukulle. :)

XXX Boy, actually i'm quite interested in why you want to be seen as being represented by this picture in your avatar :)

:bsmilie: you invited them to tea with cheesecake?

:bsmilie: not really.
need to get the right ppl in to drive/invite them out depending on ur religion.
wonder how many ppl witnessed rites of exorcism?

otherwise, sell the flat before news get out.:thumbsup:

i heard they can be captured in your cameras if taken... so becareful.. keke.. :sweat:

Actually , if you are so disturbed by such supernatural being , why the avatar ? To face your fear ? Under normal physcological circumstances, one would not even be reminded of such things, let alone using it as an avatar.

Drawing my conclusion ....

1) You are facing your own fears or ...........

2) You are bullsh**ing the whole community

which of course , could very well be the former and i'll leave the rest to decide.

Not against the TS.
But since the 1st time I saw the avatar of the distorted face/head, I never like it and it left a bad impression to me.
Was wondering who is that in picture and I suppose no normal girl will like to see herself this way imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.