Happiness - in Singapore?

Smiling doesn't mean the persons are happy. In Japan, people always smile when providing service but the stress level is the world highest. I dun think Japanese are happy people.

Lets not get confused with smiles from the service industry versus smiles from the general populace (which we are refering to here)... Heck, those service-related you go to karaoke bars you also get "smiles" whad? :bsmilie:

ambition
expectation
needs
wants

if all 4 are met, then happy ... :)

Yeah, you start with a basic dSLR + kit lens. You wish to move on to a FX cam and the full range of trinity lenses. Does it end there? NO! You will want to go for the best - an arsenal of top of the range Prime lenses. After that, you find that it is too heavy to lug around 3 huge lenses and 2 bodies around.

For housing, many of us started off with a HDB 5rm. And then move on to a condo. That ain't enough la. For more space, move up to a semi-D, with lots of space and privacy, you own car park lots. And the ultimate would be a "Good Class" bungalow.

Well, expectations, needs, wants - all these is never a constant. The goal post keeps shifting, as we are never satisfied with what we are. When do we start running our marathon and when do we end????

Unless you're a pure Buddhist, you dun need any expensive gadget, no need for a worldly possession, nothing to fight for, no need for prestige, pride, possession and just be humble and contented. How ideal.

For housing, many of us started off with a HDB 5rm. And then move on to a condo. That ain't enough la. For more space, move up to a semi-D, with lots of space and privacy, you own car park lots. And the ultimate would be a "Good Class" bungalow.

Wow.... I only start with a 4 room, still live in a 4 room... How ?? :bsmilie:

At least there is a "room" you can count on...not to mention a solid one! It's not like a "huff and a puff" can blow it off, or would you prefer a "cardboard" shelter over your head?... :)

Last edited:
Happiness like love is a personal decision. So have you decided to be happy or sad today?

Well, expectations, needs, wants - all these is never a constant. The goal post keeps shifting, as we are never satisfied with what we are. When do we start running our marathon and when do we end????

You hit it on the head.. the goal post keep shifting. What may be critical for u now may be not be a priority in the future. Be it cameras, cars, accommodation, everything will fluctuate in priority over time. But as an individual, when u close your eyes for the last time - nothing earthly matters. :):)

Many people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it. ~William Feather

After talking about this over so many pages, I'm sure you guys (and gals) know by know, happines is just a feeling, and it's relative... SO,

If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

You hit it on the head.. the goal post keep shifting. What may be critical for u now may be not be a priority in the future. Be it cameras, cars, accommodation, everything will fluctuate in priority over time. But as an individual, when u close your eyes for the last time - nothing earthly matters. :):)

happiness is having good time with frz or family. Just plain drinking kopi and talking anything from the skies to the seas can be happy times. You can also visit a lot of places in Singapore with kids.

Thank you Club Snap for giving me the opportunity to re-live the lovely moments I spent in Singapore. The places is an epitome of beauty. Singapore, with its lovely people, rich culture, amazing food and exotic places are one of the best destinations I have been to. I will not regret planning another trip to Singapore and staying at my favourite place 'Hotel Indigo' and visiting several lovely places which Singapore offers. This is a great place to be with your family and friends and you should not be missing it. I will be sharing pics when I am visiting next there :)

Happiness is spending time with my extended family.... for makan, holiday and just being together. ;)

One or two more dive trip won't hurt also..

There are several places to be in Singapore with kids and your beloved. You can have a perfect trip with your family.

I have been to Singapore three times till now, and I must say, that it can be a perfect getaway from your busy life. You can spend quality time with your family and have a lot of fun, indulging yourself in good activities with your family and kids. There are various educational tours which your kid is surely going to love. You can visit markets and other beautiful monuments, where you will be experiencing the rich culture of Singapore. I would definitely go again if I get a chance to visit Singapore. I will personally suggest you to take your kids there, and enjoy its beauty.

Happiness is an attitude and not comparing our situations with others