[Hak] Iceland, March 2014

I'm green with envy man. Hope I can make the trip before I get too old haha. :)

Thanks all for the comments! Really appreciate them :) I would highly recommend all landscape photographers to save up and make the trip to Iceland, especially if you are still young and can chiong in the cold conditions.

The next photo was taken at Lake Myvatn, during sunset. Too bad there wasn't any dramatic colours when the sun went down. This was probably the most comfortable sunrise/sunset of the trip since the temperature was pretty okay, and there wasn't any rain/snow/wind at all.

The Rain Cloud

Lovely series ! :thumbsup: more pls ! :D

Going through all my Iceland photos once more, to find any photos that I may have left out during my first round of selecting and filtering. This one was taken at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, where we waited in the cold for a few hours, hoping for a sudden strong burst of Aurora activity, but all we had was faint northern lights for the whole time that we were there.

Flaajokull, Iceland

Oh! So beautiful ! Next year!

#16 is stunning.

Under the Rainbow

During this 10 hour long drive, we experienced all sorts of weather that Iceland could offer us. At least we were rewarded with a rainbow that got us to stop the car immediately and enjoy the beauty of it.

Moonrise

The clouds cleared up in the middle of the night, but there was no signs of aurora activity at all. We still headed outdoors to shoot some nightscapes in the cold anyway.

Last edited:
The pretty Icelandic horses.

Þingvellir National Park

Strokkur Geysir

The split second just before eruption..

And up it goes!

Last edited:
Split second, looks very near , guess you had used a tele ;), great moment captured. I shared your posts with my Norwegian colleagues, to inspire a trip there.

Wooooow!!! Great pictures! :)

thanks for sharing!

Thanks mario35!

Split second, looks very near , guess you had used a tele ;), great moment captured. I shared your posts with my Norwegian colleagues, to inspire a trip there.

#24 was shot with a UWA, #25 was with a tele.

The full sequence was like this:
Strokkur Geysir. It erupts once every 4 to 8 minutes, reaching around 15 to 20m high.

Stunning photography!