Wall

walldz.jpg

Last edited:
Standing Tall

standingtall.jpg

Through the Crowd

throughthecrowd.jpg

NOTES:

It's a conscious choice we have to make whether to use colour or black and white. Each choice conveys different moods and meaning.

Yonder lies treasure

yonderliestreasure.jpg

NOTES:

Expressions tell the story here.

Contemplative

contemplative.jpg

Watchin the Boat Pass

watchingtheboatpass.jpg

Follow You

followyou.jpg

Take My Picture

takemypicture.jpg

Started doing post processing on your photos, ya? :)

Underpass

underpass.jpg

Rim Light

rimlighting.jpg

Clubsnappers?

clubsnapper.jpg

Stroller

stroller.jpg

Relaxing

relaxing.jpg

Fashion Magazine Cover

posewb.jpg

Contemplative

contemplative.jpg

Follow You

followyou.jpg

I kinda like these two. For Contemplative, I felt that since the main subject is the lady staring contemplatively into the horizon, that it should be more of a landscape picture. Don't forget the rule of a third; it is best to get into the habit, then breaking it, than to start off breaking the rule already. Otherwise, like Relaxing, it just becomes a snapshot.

Similarly, I felt that Follow You could be better composed with the rule of third - less idle space on the left side, maybe.

I kinda like these two. For Contemplative, I felt that since the main subject is the lady staring contemplatively into the horizon, that it should be more of a landscape picture. Don't forget the rule of a third; it is best to get into the habit, then breaking it, than to start off breaking the rule already. Otherwise, like Relaxing, it just becomes a snapshot.

Similarly, I felt that Follow You could be better composed with the rule of third - less idle space on the left side, maybe.

The Contemplative picture is in portrait format because i didn't want to cut off the tall buildings in the background but certainly the landscape format might work too if there was a point of interest on the right, maybe a boat passing by. The girl was placed according to the rule of thirds but got pushed to the side after i corrected for the tilting verticals of the building in the background.

As for The Follow You picture, i placed the lamp-posts in the thirds position which is why there's space on the left but it was a grab shot as you can see from the perspective. The jogger had passed me but i was not ready to shoot as the backside shot does nothing for me. Then the dog followed her and i thought this was the missing element and quickly framed the image to shoot. If i was calmer, i think i should have let the dog get further in the frame and then crop out those lamp-posts instead?

Thanks for dropping by wildcat. It's fun discussing my pictures with you. I especially like talking about composition. ;)

Paparazzi

paparazzij.jpg

Colorful Models

colorfulmodels.jpg

Barbie Doll

barbiedoll.jpg

Newly Wed

newlyweds.jpg

Thinking

thinkingl.jpg

Old Radio

oldradio.jpg