Gaffer taping tripod legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ortega said:
good idea :thumbsup:
make your battle worn tripod look like a new mega$$$ CF tripod :bsmilie:
Ok, will go and check out the fake CF pattern sticker, can also stick on all my autopoles and light stands, bowens lights and powerpack, even my trolley... :lovegrin:

Just wondering - Does gaffer tape feel a bit sticky when you grab it (with the sticky side downon object, of course)?

DEADMETAL said:
Really very eng leh!! lol When you need to sell you need to remove the whole gaffer. Then the whole leg will be dam sticky :sticktong

I think this outcome will depend on the conditions the tripod endures in use, and in storage. My limited experience with the Apollo branded gaffer has been that it peels off cleanly, and leaves no stick residue.

YMMV, as always.

kaywalk said:
I thought the bamboo pole wrapper shrinks by adding hot water over it. Want to do this on your tripod?

Try a hot, powerful hairdryer.

Somewhat drier than a kettle full of hot water!

;)

catchlights said:
Ok, will go and check out the fake CF pattern sticker, can also stick on all my autopoles and light stands, bowens lights and powerpack, even my trolley... :lovegrin:

so did you find the fake CF pattern sticker?
I want to stick on my aluminium pole for drying clothes.

catchlights said:
use what?
those aunties use for shirnk wrap bamboo pole one izit? not bad idea leh.

industrial grade kind hor, got thick 1 leh, rubbery grip... u wan i got an industrial grade blower to go with it... u wan? ;)

Instead of using Gaffer tapes, try using Synthetic OverGrip for Tennis, Squash, or Badminton racket handles.

I use this for my tripod legs so that it doesnt feel so cold when handling it during winter photo trips. Its also not so sticky if you intend to disassemble. Wind it the same way like how one does for racket handles... spiral.

Status
Not open for further replies.