Fz20 adapter tubes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wiki said:
just curious...why don't just get a 52mm filter then? why do we need to step up? becos the filter only come in 55mm? another question is that in this case, why dun get an adaptor that has 55mm thread in the first place. sorry if my question seem dumb...cos i am quite confuse with all this step up and step down issue.

btw where can find it in hongkong? how much does it cost? thanks!

I don't think Raynox has a 55mm adapter ring. I prefer a 55mm filter as the filter is slightly bigger in diameter than a 52mm filter and I feel that it matches the size of the adapter better, even though the filter it is still smaller than the adapter. Anyway this is just a personal preference. I am also using it with the original Panasonic Lumix 55mm MC protector which is also 55mm thread size.

Bought ii from the shop call Wing Shing in Mongkok, Hong Kong for HK$160.

guess i gotta ask my friend to help me get for me when he goes back to hk =/

rhair78 said:
ar?? I am using the Raynox, and its only 1 piece leh.. :bigeyes:

the good thing about the raynox is that its really small, and so the camera lens when fully extended when on, full just reach the very edge of the adapter.. so there wont be vignetting or such stuff :thumbsup:
Raynox is one piece. Phayee is 2 pieces.

snapMan said:
if there is a Mo for the chen tube, would like to tag along for the ring to attach the sigma petal hood too...
I am looking for this too. Let me know if anyone is doing an MO for the Chen tube. Anyone going to Taiwan?

base on the discussion, it seem like that there are 4 different adaptor
Raynox, Chen Tube??, Yoshida and Phayee. any review or comments on the following tube adaptor? some mention that phayee is two pieces, why is that so? anoher question is that for the adaptor where can u get them? seem like raynox is available in hongkong and chen tube in taiwan? how about the rest? I may be going hongkong, so does that means that it is easier to get the raynox adaptor? and does it comes with the step up ring? thanks alot for all the information!! really hope to get an adaptor so that i can try out the closeup filters :)

so hope you guys provide help for this newbie her! thanks!

wiki said:
base on the discussion, it seem like that there are 4 different adaptor
Raynox, Chen Tube??, Yoshida and Phayee. any review or comments on the following tube adaptor? some mention that phayee is two pieces, why is that so? anoher question is that for the adaptor where can u get them? seem like raynox is available in hongkong and chen tube in taiwan? how about the rest? I may be going hongkong, so does that means that it is easier to get the raynox adaptor? and does it comes with the step up ring? thanks alot for all the information!! really hope to get an adaptor so that i can try out the closeup filters :)

so hope you guys provide help for this newbie her! thanks!

Phayee from Shanghai, China.

I would prefer a MO for phayee tube. Remember the MO for phayee tube last time? You can get all the step-down ring and petal hoods all at one time.

Oh no im confused! i pc, 2 pcs, different threads, alum, plastics, vignett? and different $$.....urggg :embrass:
How should i pick then??

Hey guys,

Does anyone knows if Mr Chen, maker of chen tube, ships overseas? It seems he only send them locally (Taiwan)...

Thanks.

Hi Everyone

Mr Chen does ship overseas. I enquired about it sometime back in Dec 04 and he gave me a reply (see below). I thought it was a little expensive and ordered the phayee instead.

Cheers
Edwin

Dear Edwin :

You may only pay the cost of our product that you need. If your friend who just plan to go to Taiwan for a trip or for business, He came to visit us and make a pleasing deal near by Taipei Youth-Park. Otherwise you can pay us by wire-remittance, and I'll mail the products by the Taiwan EMS (Express Mail Service). (mail to Singapore needs 2~3 business days).

The following is the price and weight of each item:

Adapter Tube for FZ20 ........................ NT$1,200 (180g)
Sigma Petal hood (O ring included) ....... NT$ 500 ( 35g)
http://home.kimo.com.tw/monkey.banana./JPG/20VS1043ew.jpg
62-55mm step-down ring ...................... NT$ 200 ( 20g)
http://home.kimo.com.tw/monkey.banana./Product/R6255043w.JPG
http://home.kimo.com.tw/monkey.banana./Gif/YMS5562R62554.gif
Shipping, including packaging 50g ......... NT$ 450 (to Singapore)
Telegraphic Transfer fee in Taiwan ....... NT$ 200 (approx $6USD)

if you wish to buy one set, it is going to be NT$2,550 = US$79.24 (2004/12/01 Currency Exchange)
Exchange rate difference ..... US $$$ wired multiplied by 1.03
(i.e., $1,000USD becomes $1,030USD)
Total : US$81.62

Telegraphic Transfer Account
HUA NAN COMMERCIAL BANK LTD.
INTERNATIONAL BANKING DEPARTMENT
38,CHUNG-KING SOUTH ROAD,SEC.1
TAIPEI TAIWAN R.O.C.
SHUANG HO BRANCH
SWIFT : HNBKTWTP
A/C No. : 172200106043
A/C NAME : CHEN MING SAN
Tetlphone No : 0933-045954

PS : More details of FZ10 / FZ20 adapter tube please refer to :
C-K's Digital Page
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-10/Converters/Adapters/Taiwan-Adapter.html

Regards,

SANGO 2004/12/02

hi all, I have one extra piece of the tube adapteras mentioned, it's an extra set brought back from Taiwan by my friend. It's NT1200 (SGD60) nett. Anyone wanted to get the tube can PM me.

Hi all,

Just got my FZ-20 not long ago, after few years of using a Kodak digicam and decided to get something better to enjoy this hobby more.

Just some questions to clarify: I have been told by 2 dealers that we have to use Panasonic original lenses if we want to get the conversion lenses. Because there is no 3rd party lenses available that can fit the FZ-20. They cost $600+(for Tele) and $400+(for Wide). But after reading the posts here, seems like we can use 3rd party lenses if we get the appropriate adaptor. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance for the advice. :)

Yap... u got it sort of rite...

There are few convertors available, they call them convertors not lenses i guess...

Wide Convertor:

Olypmus Wcon0.7 55mm Thread

Olypmus Wcon0.8 62mm Thread

Raynox got afew but very ex... need to buy from overseas.

Tele Convertor:

Olypmus Tcon17 55mm Thread
(play around with it a bit on John's Fz20 works well between x6 - x12)

Raynox 2.2 ( darn ex... 190 USD)

Be careful of the convertor u use, some will produces distortion and light fall out on the sides... read the website above, they got give reviews about the convertors too...

Cheers...

leslie said:
Hi all,

Just got my FZ-20 not long ago, after few years of using a Kodak digicam and decided to get something better to enjoy this hobby more.

Just some questions to clarify: I have been told by 2 dealers that we have to use Panasonic original lenses if we want to get the conversion lenses. Because there is no 3rd party lenses available that can fit the FZ-20. They cost $600+(for Tele) and $400+(for Wide). But after reading the posts here, seems like we can use 3rd party lenses if we get the appropriate adaptor. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance for the advice. :)

Do a search and read those threads. It will save you $.
Forget about those dealers!

Thanks Hong Jia and LifeWorld :D For time being, am still exploring the FZ-20. Will sure come here more often to learn more so that I can make better buying decisions later.

Hi all Panasonic users,

wondering if you want a Olympus T-Con 14B that is perfect with a 62mm adaptor. I am willing to let go of this near-mint piece at $120, with original pouch and box.

I saw some Japan convertor.. quite cheap $70+ 0.5.
Can't recall the brand. Check with Alan Photo.
You need a adaptor for the convertor. (52 n 55 thread)

Erm, Muz attach the len on and take shots then noe the convertor is good or notz. Don't be mis-led by the number on the convertor. If let say the convertor have 05 or 0.5x... It might not produce what you want, as the outer len curves too much to produce a 0.5x effect, it would tends towards a fish eye effect, the pictures taken might appear to be rounded on the sides and slightly distorted, light fall out on the corners might appear. If i am not wrong, Raynox got x0.5 oso but the photos taken tends to have the fish eye effect, maybe i see wrongly...

Cheap and too powerful oso have it's cons, but if it turn out well... muz tell me, maybe i can sell my Wcon07 liao...and get tat one instead... haaaa...

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.