Fuji X100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to fujifilm counter @ 4th suntec around 18:00 today , finally bought one hohoho...

They're still have the stocks . I'm sure quite many are there :)

The retro design of this camera brings back the memories of the good old days except now the images are in digital.

I appreciate this camera that has manual controls like speed, aperture and the optical view finder. Something one can find on the older film & P&S digital cameras but not the latest that we take pictures with the camera away from the right eye.

Just went to fujifilm counter @ 4th suntec around 18:00 today , finally bought one hohoho...

They're still have the stocks . I'm sure quite many are there :)

Didn't know the sales persons there were like that. Make people kan jong saying like last few sets left. Their sales tactic not so right.

Heh you just need to keep your cool and stand on your ground =)

I think they are from Harvey Norman , from their brochures

very sharp pics. The F2 fujinon lens is no doubt a very nice piece of glass. Like what was being mentioned by some bros who tried out the camera, the current firmware and the apparent lags is bit of a dampener for a handsome camera with nice IQ and glass.

The unavailability of the classy leather case is quite a letdown also hah. The fuji sales gal is really pushing to get the camera sold. When I asked about the vibrations felt in the camera, she said its due to the sensor. I just smiled at her.

Harvey Norman gives extra battery , but I'm not sure if it's original from Fujifilm .

The battery skin case has different color .

Any clue ? about this below one :

5514810360_f84b15d3fa_z.jpg

Last edited:
I was there around 3 pm; the sales guy said only 5 units left and forcefully persuaded me to take one but I was 'calm' enough to give it a try first. It is not as responsive as expected and I wish there was a joystick to set the focus points:)
I was in between the x100 and 70-300L but now I am sure that my bag will welcome the lens:)

So where are all the photos from our new owners of the X100 ? :)

So where are all the photos from our new owners of the X100 ? :)

haha still playing with the cam outdoor maybe =) Think a new photothread will start soon then we can review and enjoy those pics

My new toy :)

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

http://aiharap.exblog.jp/i46

If the pictures in the above link don't make your heart beat faster, then this camera is really not for you.:eek:

Sounds exactly like what I said in earlier post.

In any case, those who are wondering how the leather pouch is going to look like

f0050534_125502.jpg

And if this is bought by itself, I guess it would be in the region of 150 to 200...use the PEN casing as an estimate. So if you take that money and minus it off 1699...it is really around 1499. The rest of the freebies are around $50 max in open market...steinzeiser feeble tripod (gosh...an expensive camera on a cheapo tripod?), 16GB card + card reader and a cheapo (couldn't even cover the whole LCD) screen protector.

I will be cutting up a good sized one from my daiso screen protectors soon.

http://aiharap.exblog.jp/i46

If the pictures in the above link don't make your heart beat faster, then this camera is really not for you.:eek:

Sounds exactly like what I said in earlier post.

In any case, those who are wondering how the leather pouch is going to look like

f0050534_125502.jpg

And if this is bought by itself, I guess it would be in the region of 150 to 200...use the PEN casing as an estimate. So if you take that money and minus it off 1699...it is really around 1499. The rest of the freebies are around $50 max in open market...steinzeiser feeble tripod (gosh...an expensive camera on a cheapo tripod?), 16GB card + card reader and a cheapo (couldn't even cover the whole LCD) screen protector.

I will be cutting up a good sized one from my daiso screen protectors soon.

Yes...not original...I got another battery for $30+ too...so plus other freebies is around $70 worth

Yeeey! The tripod and the screen protector kinda sad stuff! Harvey Norman 2yr extended warranty 200+ ... direct fuji only 170 lol.
They did got me blind! Haha!

Was there around 3pm and was told only 10 sets left. But a little pissed off with the one of the promoters because he was busy playing with the X100 and totally oblivious as to what was happening. I stood in front of him for a full minute and throughout he was busy taking macro shots of his IC..totally ignored me. sigh...Luckily I managed to check out the other X100 on the other side. I must say its surprising light. I would have assume from the "retro" look it would be as heavy as my old Pentax K1000 film camera but actually its quite comfortable to hold in your hand. The optical and electronic viewfinder is definitely better than the Oly one. Only gripe is the electronic one suffers from too low refresh rate (like the Oly too), so when pointed at bright objects, there is an obvious flicker. The controls feel very well built. Everything is great about the camera except the price..hahaha

so where are the hands-on and sample pics. New x100 owners, get out there and start shooting, i wanna see!

(no post processing highly preferred;p)

If over the next 3 days, it is still possible to buy the X100 at the IT Show, then it is likely that there is no real shortage at all and that we would be able to get the X100 from the outside retailers immediately after the IT Show at discounted prices albeit minus the crummy free gifts that Harvey Norman is offering at the Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.