Fuji X-E1 and new compact coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
went around to funan, 2 shops quoted me $1299
either black or silver they have stock
with 35mm is $1999 (*$700 for the lens... quite reasonable)

should i buy now? or wait? haha...
still happy with xpro-1 at the moment...
i don't know if i move to xe-1, i will be happy or not... size a bit small..

oh i don't like their packaging as well... like x10 packaging instead of x100 / xpro-1 packaging..

GReddyZC76 said:
omd are m4/3? had considered before; sensors too small.

nikon-1 , had also consideted before; 2.7x crop factor, put me off, such a job. thou with FT adaptor i can mount existing F mount lenses.

left sony nex, fujifilm x .

I will consider the latter two too again as soon as they improve the AF further. There is still hope. For now NEX makes only sense with manual focus lenses to me. With AF lenses the system is a toy.

dronell said:

oh i don't like their packaging as well... like x10 packaging instead of x100 / xpro-1 packaging..

Why? You got already the higher end model? What would be the benefit to downgrade if you don't even like the smaller body?

Last edited:
If you like the OVF and use it most of the time with your X-Pro1, then you will not get used to XE-1 without the OVF.

I am not using OVF with my previous gear (X-Pro1), and most of the time I am using the EVF. Thus, the XE-1 makes more sense to me without worries of dust in the viewfinder. It is also slightly smaller, which kind of match my expectation as I always felt that X-Pro1 is a little big for a mirrorless.

The price difference between the 2 sets can get me another lens... and both sets come with same sensor which is the only selling point to me..... thus XE-1 becomes my natural choice.

for funan, slr revo sellin for $1299 body only... tk foto $1295 plus 16gb sd

All shops are selling with free 16GB SD card.... as it comes with the camera as free item.

Unless TKfoto selling with 2 free 16gb SD card?

for funan, slr revo sellin for $1299 body only... tk foto $1295 plus 16gb sd

hmmm but slr revo told me no free 16gb sd card

Last edited:
Anyone know when will it comes 18-55 kit lens or 23mm F1.4 ?

35mm F1.4 no doubt is a winner...but still too tight for me

That's weird. All cameras nowadays come with free SDcard which is really cheap for 16Gb nowadays (around $15 retail price and cost will be lower than that?). SLR Revo won't be saving on it since all the shops are bundling with the 16gb card.

Confirm Cathay, MScolor will give 16gb card.

hmmm but slr revo told me no free 16gb sd card

I was also asking the regular stores as wanted to check how good is the 18-55mm which is more versatile. 18-55mm was supposed to be part of the kit package for XE-1, but was not launched. Maybe production delayed?

23mm F1.4 will likely be later in the next phase.... 14mm F2.8 will come first?

Anyone know when will it comes 18-55 kit lens or 23mm F1.4 ?

35mm F1.4 no doubt is a winner...but still too tight for me

Saw a lot of adapters in the common stores at Funan.

You can try check out Prime Camera which distribute highest end Novoflex Made in Germany adapters, or other brands at SLR Revo, TKfoto, Chiifcameras. They all have different adapters in the store.

Any idea whether shops here carry the Nikon to X adapter?

You can try check out Prime Camera which distribute highest end Novoflex Made in Germany adapters, or other brands at SLR Revo, TKfoto, Chiifcameras. They all have different adapters in the store.

Prime Camera is now located at adelphi , previously was besides Cathay photo.

That's weird. All cameras nowadays come with free SDcard which is really cheap for 16Gb nowadays (around $15 retail price and cost will be lower than that?). SLR Revo won't be saving on it since all the shops are bundling with the 16gb card.

Confirm Cathay, MScolor will give 16gb card.
I think they will get the cards from Fujifilm as usual. If they don't give you the card they are probably trying to make a few extra bucks.

I was also asking the regular stores as wanted to check how good is the 18-55mm which is more versatile. 18-55mm was supposed to be part of the kit package for XE-1, but was not launched. Maybe production delayed?

I think they announced the zoom kit only for the western world where the camera won't ship before Nov anyway.

Last edited:
slr revo sort out with agent, now oso come with sdhc.

Just found out Chiif Camera carries the Kipon Nikon G to Fuji X adapter for $120.00.

I really don't see the point in getting X-E1 when you already have the Pro1, unless as a backup body.

I really don't see the point in getting X-E1 when you already have the Pro1, unless as a backup body.

Especially if he doesn't like the packaging as he said himself. No point in investing into a camera if the packaging is ugly.

limlh said:
Any idea whether shops here carry the Nikon to X adapter?

i google online before found soome adapter on ebay, not sure of quailty thou. do share if u have ay infor

Just hoot 1 set of XE-1 during lunch time from Parisilk Holland Village at a good price. This weekend got toy to play liao. Swee la!
Any ideas when the 18-55 coming?

fuji singapore says mid nov earliest.. damn.. looks like i'm getting it first with 35mm.. then sell it when the 18-55 comes..

Status
Not open for further replies.