FORMULA 1™ Grand Prix de France 2007. (1 Jul.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't have said it better bro!

I respect Hamilton for executing the checklists flawlessly, this guy can be a perfect ISO90002 candidate. However, I've yet to see the flare and the imaginativeness that are usually associated with legends like Senna, Prost, and Schumacher. He's slowly becoming like a cheap Tiger Woods knock off, no thanks to the media hypes.

All I want to see is all three top teams (Ferrari, McLaren, Renault) working like clockwork to their full efficiency, and drivers showing us what their made of.

So far Hamilton hasn't had a chance to show his mettle as the other teams haven't gotten their act together (i.e., Ferrari with their use of the hybrid car during the past 3 races, Kimi being a Rebel Without A Cause).

Perhaps Magny-Cours will bring an end to the klutz, and give us a real race.

The big boss of Ferrari already gave a knock on Kimi's head. He made some statement like "we've yet to see the winning performance from Kimi..." or something like that. I do hope Kimi wakes up from his slumber and puts a stunning performance this weekend.
I personally don't like Massa's exuberance whenever he wins. He just doesn't have the sophistication. Don't think he is a team player. Always sucking up to Schumi.
I don't like Alonso because he behaves like a small kid whenever he loses. Have to be gracious in defeat.
I've started to respect Hamilton for displaying all the characteristics of a Formula1 champion. And he's what - only 22 years old ? He has been groomed over the years by McLaren. No, he's not yet a legend but he sure has the skill and temperament to be one.

Even though Ferrari seems to have made a mistake in their driver line-up, I still support Ferrari :bsmilie:

Come on Ferrari, make it a 1-2 for us.

I respect Hamilton for executing the checklists flawlessly, this guy can be a perfect ISO90002 candidate. However, I've yet to see the flare and the imaginativeness that are usually associated with legends like Senna, Prost, and Schumacher. He's slowly becoming like a cheap Tiger Woods knock off, no thanks to the media hypes.

All I want to see is all three top teams (Ferrari, McLaren, Renault) working like clockwork to their full efficiency, and drivers showing us what their made of.

So far Hamilton hasn't had a chance to show his mettle as the other teams haven't gotten their act together (i.e., Ferrari with their use of the hybrid car during the past 3 races, Kimi being a Rebel Without A Cause).

At 22, I think Hamilton has done great deal. I would not knock off Hamilton as the cheap Tiger Woods as Tiger Woods has broken almost every records in the golf history books. Media hype is the upmost important in any sports.

Cannot compare to those legends you mentioned as they have made it to the top of the podiums. This are past results. Difficult to reflect on what the drivers are facing today.

You never know what Hamilton, Kimi, Alonso are capable of as they maybe the Senna, Prost and Schumi of the new cult genre.

At 22, I think Hamilton has done great deal. I would not knock off Hamilton as the cheap Tiger Woods as Tiger Woods has broken almost every records in the golf history books. Media hype is the upmost important in any sports.

Cannot compare to those legends you mentioned as they have made it to the top of the podiums. This are past results. Difficult to reflect on what the drivers are facing today.

You never know what Hamilton, Kimi, Alonso are capable of as they maybe the Senna, Prost and Schumi of the new cult genre.

Don't get me wrong. I give Hamilton full marks for edging over Alonso and taking the hype in his stride. I lament on the sorry state of the other contenders (Ferrari, Renault) to step up to the challenge as a team. And because of this, one cannot be too sure whether flawless execution (not just Hamilton, but the whole McLaren team) can be mistaken for racing greatness (i.e., unparalleled focus, imagination/creativity, leadership).

So unless the other teams step up and get their act together, we won't really be sure whether we're watching a legend in the making (for Hamilton), or just excellent teamwork on display.

Massa edges out Hamilton for pole

Ferrari's Felipe Massa produced a storming final session to take pole for Sunday's French Grand Prix, beating McLaren's Lewis Hamilton into second.

Massa's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen was third but Fernando Alonso's McLaren was hit by mechanical problems and the world champion finished down in 10th.

Brazilian Massa clocked one minute 15.034 seconds for the 4.411km circuit, just 0.070secs ahead of Hamilton.

Official qualifying result:

1. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Ferrari 1:15.034
2. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) McLaren 1:15.104
3. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 1:15.257
4. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW Sauber 1:15.493
5. Giancarlo Fisichella (Italy) Renault 1:15.674
6. Heikki Kovalainen (Finland) Renault 1:15.826
7. Nick Heidfeld (Germany) BMW Sauber 1:15.900
8. Jarno Trulli (Italy) Toyota 1:15.935
9. Nico Rosberg (Germany) Williams-Toyota 1:16.328
10. Fernando Alonso (Spain) McLaren
11. Ralf Schumacher (Germany) Toyota 1:15.534
12. Jenson Button (Britain) Honda 1:15.584
13. Rubens Barrichello (Brazil) Honda 1:15.761
14. Mark Webber (Australia) RedBull-Renault 1:15.806
15. Scott Speed (U.S.) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:16.049
16. David Coulthard (Britain) RedBull-Renault
17. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Italy) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:16.142
18. Alexander Wurz (Austria) Williams-Toyota 1:16.241
19. Anthony Davidson (Britain) Super Aguri-Honda 1:16.366
20. Christijan Albers (Netherlands) Spyker-Ferrari 1:17.826
21. Adrian Sutil (Germany) Spyker-Ferrari 1:17.915
22. Takuma Sato (Japan)* Super Aguri-Honda 1:16.244
*awarded a 10-place penalty after overtaking under yellow flag conditions at US Grand Prix

Thanks to ESPN Star, we got to see the qualifying an hour late. By that time, I had already got a spate of SMS from other parts of the world telling me what's happening in the session "Oooooh ! Alonso is getting out of the car. Some mechanical problem", had me doubling up with joy.

And finally when I got to see the qualifying in ESPN, the commentary sucked :thumbsd:

I would prefer to have Alex Yoong in the commentary box, than all these people ESPN Star tries to dump on us viewers.

It was quite a boring qualifying session. Good to see Ferrari on top. I just have a feeling Kimi is marginally heavier on fuel compared to Massa and Hamilton. I hope Massa and Hamilton don't take each other out in the first corner. I am sure Massa will be all fired up and won't want a repeat of Sepang where he was outpaced by the McLarens going into the first corner. Kimi must be hoping for gaining a place or two through pitstop strategy.

It will be fun to watch how the raging bull aka crybaby aka Alonso cuts through the pack to be amongst the top 5. Well, that's the best he can hope for unless there are large scale retirements at the top.

Magny-Cours for the last time.

Thanks to ESPN Star, we got to see the qualifying an hour late. By that time, I had already got a spate of SMS from other parts of the world telling me what's happening in the session "Oooooh ! Alonso is getting out of the car. Some mechanical problem", had me doubling up with joy.

And finally when I got to see the qualifying in ESPN, the commentary sucked :thumbsd:

I would prefer to have Alex Yoong in the commentary box, than all these people ESPN Star tries to dump on us viewers.

It was quite a boring qualifying session. Good to see Ferrari on top. I just have a feeling Kimi is marginally heavier on fuel compared to Massa and Hamilton. I hope Massa and Hamilton don't take each other out in the first corner. I am sure Massa will be all fired up and won't want a repeat of Sepang where he was outpaced by the McLarens going into the first corner. Kimi must be hoping for gaining a place or two through pitstop strategy.

It will be fun to watch how the raging bull aka crybaby aka Alonso cuts through the pack to be amongst the top 5. Well, that's the best he can hope for unless there are large scale retirements at the top.

Magny-Cours for the last time.

ESPN............and I think we are going to pay more this year for sports channel? Is that true?

HAMILTON HAMILTON HAMILTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For once, Kimi wasn't napping when the race started.
Alonso seems to be providing all the entertainment in this race. A gritty performance by him and yeah ! he finally overtakes heidfeld. Good move. :thumbsup:

If Kimi is on a 2 stop strategy, then he can surely win this race - unless the weather plays spoilsport...

FERRARI ONE TWO!!! KIMI RULES!

Well, I guess that pretty much answers my own question of what happens when Ferrari gets their act back together. Hamilton who?

Ferrari 1-2!! At last, kimi wins a race in a Ferrari!

SFX8899-ferrari-mini-scudetto-flag.jpg

We win!!! :bsmilie:

FERRARI ONE TWO!!! KIMI RULES!

Well, I guess that pretty much answers my own question of what happens when Ferrari gets their act back together. Hamilton who?

Ha ha ha. Yeah, all the Ferrari fans have smiles on their faces now :bsmilie:

This has been a favourite hunting ground of Ferrari. Good car, sensible driving, excellent strategy. This was one day when everything went to plan (maybe more because the weather Gods too decided not to spoil Ferrari's party :bsmilie: )

No lah. Don't rule out Hamilton so soon... The next GP is the British GP - home ground of Hamilton and McLaren. I am sure they will get their act together. Will be fun to watch though.

Poor Alonso. Spent all his race chasing. All in vain. He still finished 7th. At one point, I started to have pity on him. He had the potential to finish at least 5th.

The pit stop of one of the Spyker cars (Sutil ?) provided some anxious moments, when he ripped the nozzle off the fuel rig !!!

2 hrs well spent on a hot and humid Sunday evening :thumbsup:

Congratulations to Ferrari for a revival. And what a way to make a come back. Hope that McLaren will respond during next week's British GP.

Saw the interview, Kimi got facial expressions afterall! :bsmilie: It seems like he is willing to talk more today.

Saw the interview, Kimi got facial expressions afterall! :bsmilie: It seems like he is willing to talk more today.

The ice is probably melting with the heat and passion of a Ferrari :bsmilie:
yeah, he was all smiles today.

Alonso lol he damn poor thing today. Try and try and still end up 7th. overtook Nick twice and twice, Nick ended up infront of him after the pits. :bsmilie: Everything was against him today.

congrats to Ferrari :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

schumacher n senna? imaginatives?
sure, take out ur opponents by ramming into them is real imaginative.
those 2 r fast, but i will only remember them by their unethical driving.

prost, i love him.
can u recall how smoothly he drives.
making every tough courses seems so easy?
so boringly smooth was he that he earns the nick 'taxi driver'.
but i do think of him whenever i see hamilton drives.
the professor has a protege, finally.

to be on the podium everytime(so far) during ur maiden year,
if thats not what legends r made of,
then its just hype.

to deny him credits by blaming other teams is,....
i don't know what,
but maybe u would want to compare him with his teammate,
who's team i supposed must have gotten their acts together.

f1 4ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.