Flash gone blank

D100S

Apr 26, 2005
Singapore
I have placed all my nikon flash in my dricabi. SB910, 900, 800 and 700. The 800 and 900 - screens turned black in the centre. Van power on but only shoots flashes of continous light when I test fired. The other two cannot even be powered on. My Leica flash is working just fine. What have I done wrong? Help...

Somehow it worked through a solution I found online. Switched them off for a bit, switched them on again and hold the menu button for 5 secs. ANd bothe the 700 and 910 came on. Sadly the other 2 had black screens... basically burnt lcds I think!

Hi,

My SB 900 just died. Had sent to Nikon Service Center but the nice technician tested it and said it’s the contact point at the battery that’s loosen and they didn’t have spare parts to repair the flash since SB 900 has been discontinued.

I am about to throw the flash into the bin when a thought struck me. Is there any third party repair service for Nikon flash?

Hi,

My SB 900 just died. Had sent to Nikon Service Center but the nice technician tested it and said it’s the contact point at the battery that’s loosen and they didn’t have spare parts to repair the flash since SB 900 has been discontinued.

I am about to throw the flash into the bin when a thought struck me. Is there any third party repair service for Nikon flash?
Your flash can still be fixed.
There's still parts available online.