Filters Filters Filters

so back to the question, if i stack, is it UV between lens and CPL or CPL between lens and UV? any comments?

Norm for stacking is ND over GND or vice versa or any of them in between.

Why will u want to stack ur CPL over ur UV as it do more harm in iq degradation than good?:dunno:

Norm for stacking is ND over GND or vice versa or any of them in between.

Why will u want to stack ur CPL over ur UV as it do more harm in iq degradation than good?:dunno:

I do that to get vignetting effect on my photos, as I am still a noob in post processing and dunno how to do vignetting in Photoshop. :bsmilie:

And they say vignetting is for those pro-wanna-be. So all my photos now will have vignetting. Pls C&C other things other than the vignetting in the photos I post, OK? It's part of my plan to turn Pro.

i have decided that from now on i will stack 20 b+w uv filters in front of all my lenses.

got added effect of making every lens look like a telephoto lens. never mind that my 10-20 will just take very black pictures with a bit of the picture in the middle.. the part that can be seen will be VERY VERY sharp, because defintiely not more uv light to spoil the picture. plus i pay good money for the filter, so it will improve the picture quality one........

at the same time, even if got goat drop down from heavens and land on my lens, it will not crack. can retain resale value.

Exactly, I agree. Just because not everyone agrees on the same thing doesn't mean the argument is going nowhere, there are still good information coming up here.

SNR (signal to noise ratio) is no good.

The useful information hidden inside are hidden beneath a whole lot of sarcasm and in between bo liao posts like the one I'm typing now which doesn't contribute to any "good information" at all.

Besides, the thread title is too general for people to even get any vague idea of what exactly is supposed to be learned from any of the posts.

Then again, I'm one of the few (or maybe not) bo liao people to keep checking this thread and reading all bo liao (and not) posts!

i have decided that from now on i will stack 20 b+w uv filters in front of all my lenses.

Maybe you can just concentrate on taking pictures of the sun in its full blazing glory ...:D

Oh, but maybe 20 not enuff

Last edited:
Maybe you can just concentrate on taking pictures of the sun in its full blazing glory ...:D

Oh, but maybe 20 not enuff

You missed my other post on taking sun-trials :sticktong

got added effect of making every lens look like a telephoto lens. never mind that my 10-20 will just take very black pictures with a bit of the picture in the middle.. the part that can be seen will be VERY VERY sharp, because defintiely not more uv light to spoil the picture. plus i pay good money for the filter, so it will improve the picture quality one........

at the same time, even if got goat drop down from heavens and land on my lens, it will not crack. can retain resale value.

I hope your lens screw-in threads are made of titanium :thumbsup:

Oh.. and no plastic mounts for you!

I do that to get vignetting effect on my photos, as I am still a noob in post processing and dunno how to do vignetting in Photoshop. :bsmilie:

And they say vignetting is for those pro-wanna-be. So all my photos now will have vignetting. Pls C&C other things other than the vignetting in the photos I post, OK? It's part of my plan to turn Pro.

Wah win liao :bsmilie:

WARNING: DO NOT STARE AT THE SUN

:vhappy:

Thanks for the information.

No, quite serious actually. The problem is some of these filters are quite dark, but let through the more harmful rays. Then we are not even aware until later that we got image burn-in liao.

Dun want your eyes to see camera lines and focal points imprinted onto it permanently :bsmilie:

What's happening? :dunno:

It is drifting way to far...

While CS was down, I had a chance to do this...

to get this...

:vhappy: