Field Test - Magnetic Lens for handphone camera

This is very poisonous!

Any idea if this works with a Nokia N8?

Is there anywhere or anyway we can get this locally?
Kinda duh to pay at least US$20 shipping for a US$29 purchase since i am only interested in macro and wide angle.

Is there anywhere or anyway we can get this locally?
Kinda duh to pay at least US$20 shipping for a US$29 purchase since i am only interested in macro and wide angle.

Pm Ortega :)

more macro images

IMG_4747.jpg

bubbles in my morning coffee

The result looks amazing for such a small and simple lens.
Just a bit a flaw, especially at the bottom, the image look stretched and oof. Nevertheless, it is a great little attachment producing amazing result.

Hey can I have the link to buy the lens cheaper? Pm me tks alot.

It works on Samsung galaxy 1. Anyway one word of caution here....the one i had the lens comes with a metal base "as lens cover" and lens cap. Be careful of the lens base even though it is attached to the lens by magnet it will still drop off if you are being "careless".

I attached it to my bunch of house keys and somehow it the lens went missing :( ...

EDIT: Found it outside my door gate...*heng*

Last edited:
Still got stock? Can I get 1 set? PM me lah

Great photos Ortega!

Proof that it is the photographer, and not the price of the camera that matters. Love the photo of the coin on it's side, and the bubbles inside the coffee mug.

**(hangs head in shame since I have dlsr)**

May I ask- how did you get such a thin section of focus, and how did you get sharp images? Used a tripod? Postprocessing?

(Please please please hope you don't tell me is NOT postprocessing.....because that would destroy my illusion that having skill and imagination is enough for eye catching pics!)

JohnTaylor said:
Great photos Ortega!

Proof that it is the photographer, and not the price of the camera that matters. Love the photo of the coin on it's side, and the bubbles inside the coffee mug.

**(hangs head in shame since I have dlsr)**

May I ask- how did you get such a thin section of focus, and how did you get sharp images? Used a tripod? Postprocessing?

(Please please please hope you don't tell me is NOT postprocessing.....because that would destroy my illusion that having skill and imagination is enough for eye catching pics!)

Hmmm..... All the post processing on these images are done on my iPhone 3GS, a little unsharp and some tonal adjustments only. But nothing beats a good eye, good light and strong fundamental techniques. Not forgetting knowing your tools, weaknesses and strength.

Let my contribute one photo using fish eye lens on my dog. (using samsung galaxy 1). Just note the image is circular so on my phone the lens will not be able to cover the entire sensor (top right corner dark area).

Nevertheless it is fun to play with.
386884_10150347331901987_515246986_8552935_1244154740_n.jpg

wah .. too POISON liao