Feelin' like F*(#!UE(* now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
den u should give another lamer reply mah.. like... liddat... your wife marry already put at home u also no time to entertain, den put her in geylang lor, dun waste it... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

btw, u dio pah, not my problem... :devil:
This is about the funniest lame reason for anything I ever heard ...

nightwolf75 said:
tell them
Mauridia_01.gif

unless the other fella happens to be ur boss... :bsmilie:
Since that incident, he'd not attempted to ask anything for me.

Oh well, he got PROsumer camera. So must be PRO enuff liaoz. My puny 8MP Dynax5D is buay kanz liaoz... :cry:

Paul_Yeo said:
actually, I know what the guy who told me this meant. He meant that I already owned the camera mah, so shooting doesn't incur any cost. I believe equipment got maintenance and life span and thus trying to explain to him but seemed that he think I am smoking him.
To be honest, I was thinking the way the chap was thinking before I ventured into photography.

But since going into photography I dun think that way anymore.

As for my colleague, I'll take u guys suggestions. ;)

Hexlord said:
Haha.. dude, at least they bother to ask you abt the photos..

640x480 seems fine for me..
Ah... The last event I covered, wasn't that bad. Ppl at least showed some form of appreciation which wasn't that bad. Of cos, earned some intangible benefits in return.

That chap juz asked me straightaway for the full set of photos just like dat.

I'm definitely not giving him the benefit of doubt that the photos are for any follow-up events of any kind. :think:

Paul_Yeo said:
someone told me this (something like this) "it is digital camera, no need film...no cost what, cannot help me shoot free meh, I pay u for the CD" :cry:

Then give them the CD lah ... empty one. They pay for the CD mah, not photos ;p

Paul_Yeo said:
someone told me this (something like this) "it is digital camera, no need film...no cost what, cannot help me shoot free meh, I pay u for the CD" :cry:

I guess some clients have no concept on time and how priceless that is.:thumbsd: :thumbsd:

jsbn guess u of all should know where I stand on such issues. If the client gives me an overall job then I won't mind HELPING him cover the event BUT I always tell them that I am nowhere near the pros so they gotta be prepared that my pics are my interpretation of the event. Most times my clients are quite ok in that they know it's just a snap-happy fest for me.

However, if you're only exclusively gonna be shooting for them, as in you're asked to only do the shoot, then I say give them lowest quality WITH watermarks.

Paul_Yeo said:
actually, I know what the guy who told me this meant. He meant that I already owned the camera mah, so shooting doesn't incur any cost. I believe equipment got maintenance and life span and thus trying to explain to him but seemed that he think I am smoking him.
so does he go to the hawker centre and tell the uncle "you already have wok and equipment. why you sell me $3 for the char kway teow? come on lah.. i just pay for the gas and ingredients ok? shouldn't be more than 50cents. Here you go! Thanks!" :D

Next time intro him to me, I will shoot for him for free with my Fujifilm 4900Z and backup Canon A200 and 2nd backup Fuji F11.

Or better still I lend him my 4900 and A200 and he can shoot to his heart's content.

BTW, 600X400 (72dpi) is acceptable for 4R prints. Tried with pics from my 4900Z.. (my friend actually 'stole' it from my gallery and printed it cos she liked it so much..)

tell him HDD crash lor, end of story.

Is this guy the one who engage you in the first place ? refer him to the one who made the initial request (committee or something) if you have already passed them a copy.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
den u should give another lamer reply mah.. like... liddat... your wife marry already put at home u also no time to entertain, den put her in geylang lor, dun waste it...

btw, u dio pah, not my problem... :devil:
:think: :nono: geylang :nono:

that will incur transport charges.. just operate from home. Since the room is under-utilised during the day anyway. Can charge for room rental also. :thumbsup:

wondering if we shoot for free, then later photos all lost, can the organiser sue us for compensation/lost ?

yanyewkay said:
so does he go to the hawker centre and tell the uncle "you already have wok and equipment. why you sell me $3 for the char kway teow? come on lah.. i just pay for the gas and ingredients ok? shouldn't be more than 50cents. Here you go! Thanks!" :D

Next time intro him to me, I will shoot for him for free with my Fujifilm 4900Z and backup Canon A200 and 2nd backup Fuji F11.

Or better still I lend him my 4900 and A200 and he can shoot to his heart's content.

talk about this... i still remember 1 company damn funny, buy our things, den dun pay, later say china selling at ** amount, den say y dun they sell our stuff back to us at the price of china, den my mom tell them off, y dun i go eat at your restaurant den later sh*t out and return u... same concept rite... laugh until my stomach ache...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
talk about this... i still remember 1 company damn funny, buy our things, den dun pay, later say china selling at ** amount, den say y dun they sell our stuff back to us at the price of china, den my mom tell them off, y dun i go eat at your restaurant den later sh*t out and return u... same concept rite... laugh until my stomach ache...

hehe, now i know where you learn all these from :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
What are some of the words from ppl who'd like to ask free photos from u? ;)

"We need some of those photos for XXX events. Do u have a consolidation of the photos?"

Ok, that's it. I'm really cursing in my heart.
Any recommended screen resolutions for viewing only?
I'm wondering if 640x480 on 72dpi is good enuff or shld I make 320x240 so that its impossible to print? :think:

just reply no, your HDD crashed and all the photos were lost.

or your CF card corrupted etc etc.

quite simple really.

anyway. i tell u ... 600 x 400 can still print 4r, and still can be quality prints... i printed a 120 x 64 pixel picture from fuji. not bad too.... :bsmilie: 4R summore leh... abit grainy thou.. but ppple who dunno hw to see still say " wah... ur phone so pro ah" oh wells...

jsbn said:

"We need some of those photos for XXX events. Do u have a consolidation of the photos?"

I'm wondering if 640x480 on 72dpi is good enuff or shld I make 320x240 so that its impossible to print? :think:

I highly recommend 1 pixel X 1 Pixel in 1 dpi. :)

jsbn said:

Hi jsbn,

1) It all depends on whether you know the person who ask you those questions.
2) What if this person is such a beauty to you and has a sweet voice when asking - she's not your friend or girl friend - would you condier giving her some of your shots for whatever the purpose she intend to use them?

As good photographers, we don't have to be rude. Be polite and say:"I charge for the photos..." and see what is the respond before deciding whether to give and at what resolution, etc. Its either a deal or no deal - no need to show middle finger or whatever :)

Paul_Yeo said:

hmmmz no one tried to pull this on me before..but if it happens it will be...yeah...film and cam is free...for me to press the button for u....its 50/shutter...

"sure, I'll bring it on cd next week"

Only get worried if they want free prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.