Feelin' like F*(#!UE(* now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously exploitive - you ask the events pple lor - why not you pay for their "costs and disbursements" and they offer their services for you free.

Next time you tell them, why dont they try talking to a surgeon and say "I rent the operating theatre and pay for your scalpels, you do the operation free."

What they are paying for is not the cost or disbursements, its the skill, talent and experience that comes along with it. There was this saying I heard on this forum - it may only take 10 seconds to do something, but behind it comes 10 years of experience that allows me to do it in 10 seconds.

Paul_Yeo said:
someone told me this (something like this) "it is digital camera, no need film...no cost what, cannot help me shoot free meh, I pay u for the CD" :cry:

Happened to me once.. i sent them link to the photos with water mark and at a generous 750x500. They were tinking of publisinh but when i said i would charge they lost all intrest...

Now we know why some companies can never grow big. They're too stingy with the wrong things.

Ah well, all the better for other more deserving companies who do not take pleasure in scamming some struggling artist or designer or professional. Those deserve to grow bigger than they are. To the rest, good luck finding cheap or free work, cos there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Hiya, just tell them to pay you a small surchage, any posting/print also must credit you.

jsbn said:
What are some of the words from ppl who'd like to ask free photos from u? ;)

"We need some of those photos for XXX events. Do u have a consolidation of the photos?"

Ok, that's it. I'm really cursing in my heart.
Any recommended screen resolutions for viewing only?
I'm wondering if 640x480 on 72dpi is good enuff or shld I make 320x240 so that its impossible to print? :think:

how come u were shooting for them in the first place, if they are expecting freebies?
:dunno:

Dead liaoz still revive? hehehe...

Anyway, this was more of an office event shoot thing. Not say that it was an entirely free shoot for the office (well, its easier for a group of ppl showing their appreciation *wink*).

The person making the request for the photo comes from a single individual who was involved in the event.

Witness said:
y do u have the photos that they want in the first place?
yeah i'm interested to know also, before i give comments.

i dun think the question was ans? maybe i missed it while scrolling thru....

Status
Not open for further replies.