Faulty Shutter Release Button (EOS xxD series)

Were you affected by the shutter release button failure on the xxD series?

Results are only viewable after voting.

i thought you were just joking about the massage. nevertheless, i gave it a shot. to my surprise, it really works. as i hardly use the camera, will test it out again this weekend.

cheers

i thought you were just joking about the massage. nevertheless, i gave it a shot. to my surprise, it really works. as i hardly use the camera, will test it out again this weekend.

cheers

The cause of the problem is dirt accumulated inside the switch preventing contact between the conductors. "Massaging" can move the dirt so it could work, but since the dirt is still inside the switch, problem could happen anytime. Make sure you have a back up camera for important shoot.

guys, i thought i just share this

my 40d shutter button is giving me problems. about 30% of the time, dont fire off

i saw the youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB_gSqyidI0) , then i go and buy a can of contact cleaner to do. my steps are exactly the same as the youtube video. the difference is only i use the contact cleaner instead of isopropyl alcohol. i think both is the same thing. i heard key thing is to buy a high purity contact cleaner / isopropyl alcohol

at first on the next day when i power up, button got worse!! press hard, then work. then i re-do the contact cleaner about 30 times. then ok liao!!!

Note: the 2nd hand value of 40d is maybe $400. change shutter button is about $150. i think what the heck, must as well do

Last edited: