facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

Like I said, I've heard a lot of people saying "I'm going to kill you"; I see no other way of interpreting the word "kill", and yet I did not take it as a threat.
that would depend on the contextual clues... were they saying it in an inflammatory manner?...in a joking manner?... in a disciplinary manner?... the "kill" as suggested can certainly be interpreted differently according to its contextual use... I think we can all think of examples of various ways in which the mentioned "kill" statement in the above quote may be used metaphorically, where no intention of actual bodily harm was intended...

bottom line... if you want to make political statements... be careful of how the statements may be variously interpreted...
Hi

sorry this is a bit off topic. Can I assume that if anyone says "I am gonna burn you" or something similar in that capacity, it is an intent to inflict bodily harm on myself? What steps do I need to take action? Also, must it be flame related, or I am able to make a wider assumption? Apologies- I am serious as I have had a recent case. :sweat:
again, context

I agree. Its all in the context. The fella was strongly worded. But context can be vague right?

I find it funny that in Singapore, people are wary of making political statements. There's this fear, of making clear your position or your opinion on policies that affect everyday life. So people keep quiet and silence their views. Then that becomes apathy as people learn to switch off, or resentment, as it builds up. I think some people tend to bottle that up, and explode into real violence.

I am sure that the current government respects the individual's opinion, provided it is done in a mature and logical way. Note the plethora of political blogs- they offer insights and perspectives from ground level. I am sure the guys on top use them to get through the bubble. If they dont, then they are missing a major life-pulse of the nation.

I am quite surprised that the mods kept this thread open for so long as almost any thread that goes anywhere near politics get closed....

I am quite surprised that the mods kept this thread open for so long as almost any thread that goes anywhere near politics get closed....

this is fine. read through, we never complained anything abt the garmen.

i think political ideas is fine. so long as u dun post slander thats fair enough. what most ppl dunno is the difference between facts and opinions:think:

if u r concern, why not just report this thread to the MOD?:dunno:

i think this is a good thread for cser to read so that we r made aware of each person r accountable for the remarks they make in the web.

Last edited:
How come when there is always something like that involving MIW, SPF can action very fast? :think:

What was that old movie with the saying "The hand that rocks the cradle, is the hand that rules the world"?

Oops realized that it was a poem and there was this quote in the movie The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. lol

Last edited:
er... that one u need to ask alantkh.

alamak, sorry, was reading the wrong thing.... 1am, after developing film, must be the fixer affecting my vision :confused:

Anyway... Is SPF protecting our citizens or "erhem"? :dunno:

Complains, no action or slow. Anything to do with "erhem", "lighting speed". I better talk less, the film ammonia fixer "affecting" me judgment, dont wanna get in trouble with the long arm of the law :cry:

I guess its not too good to talk too much on FB really. Not only in trouble with the "law" but also, there are cases of employees getting the boot after bitching about their jobs on FB. Uncle sam is always watching!

Last edited:
alamak, sorry, was reading the wrong thing.... 1am, after developing film, must be the fixer affecting my vision :confused:

Anyway... Is SPF protecting our citizens or "erhem"? :dunno:

Complains, no action or slow. Anything to do with "erhem", "lighting speed". I better talk less, the film ammonia fixer "affecting" me judgment, dont wanna get in trouble with the long arm of the law :cry:

I guess its not too good to talk too much on FB really. Not only in trouble with the "law" but also, there are cases of employees getting the boot after bitching about their jobs on FB. Uncle sam is always watching!

yea so just wisen up. online isnt really anonymous.
dun believe? check out the thread on kpt that has 1 guy trying to find another guy via ip addresses!