External flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rebbot said:
hi guys...went to check out TCW earlier on...they were suggesting that I get the Lumiquest Bounce Card if I needed a bounce card...

Is it recommended?

Dun really have experience with flash before except I had fun bouncing the flash in my room and my bro room last night :bsmilie: It was interesting to see wat difference angles can do ;)

its much cheaper to DIY your own bounce card, either like what dawgbyte suggested, or you can go popular go find a white surfaced card etc and cut out the size u desire and there have it~ your very own bounce card! hehe

cheap and lazy way would be to use rubber bands... of cse you can use anyway you like lo

I used a FUJI S5000 with flash headon so parson me for being ironic. :)

01.jpg

What I used is a $3 velcro from NTUC, then glued aluminum foil onto the cardboard of that velcro. One side as portrait and the other side as landscape.

02.jpg

It does makes my camera looks cheap but I don't mind, as long as my photo improves. Its flexible too. You can make bigger reflector, white reflector, or even use larger velcro for more stability (but exceeds my $5 budget). The more aluminum layer also means your reflector will be more bendable (no more exact degrees, can even shape it concave or something).

Best of all, $3 means depreciation is fast so you can upgrade to more respectable commercial ones at any time.

NOTE: I used my Stroboflip on the portrait format so the flash is balanced from top to bottom of the face and not sideways. It looks heavy because its metal but actually a bit lighter than the kit lens.

Hope this helps. I'm a poor photographer. :dunno:

~Arcanic~ said:
its much cheaper to DIY your own bounce card, either like what dawgbyte suggested, or you can go popular go find a white surfaced card etc and cut out the size u desire and there have it~ your very own bounce card! hehe

cheap and lazy way would be to use rubber bands... of cse you can use anyway you like lo

I also have a white thin plastic chopping board as my "white" reflector but I can't use that in model shoot for personal reasons. Just at home for some macro practice. :embrass:

dawgbyte77 said:
I also have a white thin plastic chopping board as my "white" reflector but I can't use that in model shoot for personal reasons. Just at home for some macro practice. :embrass:

Here's my NTUC recommendation but only for the Toa Payoh Branch AFAIK:

In the TPY branch of this supermarket, there's a section on the ground floor that sells confectionery products. It's a dedicated section which NTUC probably subleases out to another company.

Well anyway, to cut the long story short, the REDMAN brand of baking goods make different sizes of CAKE support bases made up of thick stiff cardboard, all done up with matte silver foil ;-) These are a still life photographer's dream come true. They're horribly cheap. Go check it out ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.