EOS 5D MKII club.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you guys looking for an alternative, small and compact flash, the Sunpak RD2000 is finally compatible with the 5Dmkii. Just had the firmware updated yesterday at Cathay Photo head office.

Best 'tiny' flash for its price so far! :thumbsup::lovegrin:

For those of you guys looking for an alternative, small and compact flash, the Sunpak RD2000 is finally compatible with the 5Dmkii. Just had the firmware updated yesterday at Cathay Photo head office.

Hi kangs

May i know what price your are getting from cathay. interest to know. It a compact flash unit still can swivel 180 degree control panel ??? i don't understand what it mean.
Can it be a slave flash work With EX 580 flash unit?

some further information on the Sunpak RD2000.

Hi kangs

May i know what price your are getting from cathay. interest to know. It a compact flash unit still can swivel 180 degree control panel ??? i don't understand what it mean.
Can it be a slave flash work With EX 580 flash unit?

some further information on the Sunpak RD2000.

It can tilt 90 degrees, so you can do bounce flash shooting or diffused indirect flash, but it cannot swivel side to side like the Ex5680ii. I don't know of any ETTL capable flash of this size that can do that though. If you have remote triggers, I believe it can work with the EX580, but not as a direct slave as it does not have any direct remote trigger controls. It has FEC, so you can adjust the output ( a little bit) from there.

Price ? I bought mine almost 3 months ago, don't think its relevant anymore, think you just drop Cathay a mail for an e-quote to get a better an accurate answer. :dunno:

Also, do check with them at point of purchase to see if its been upgraded in the firmware for the 5dmkII / 50D. This firmware apparently is hot off the press from Japan.

Thanks for the update. Btw, when you said head office, did you mean at the admin office at Outram? Or is it the updated RD2000 available from Peninsula?

Thanks for the update. Btw, when you said head office, did you mean at the admin office at Outram? Or is it the updated RD2000 available from Peninsula?

I have had my flash for a short while already. Just updated the firmware at their Outram office.

Hi guys, I just uploaded another HD video. Fully filmed by the canon 5D Mark 2 of the Osaka Aquarium. Again... I did not film it, I just edited it. Hopefully the background music won't get removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBFoivjk30E

Don't forget to click "watch in HD"

Last edited:
Another review feature of 5DMKII.
It bit lengthly. Do 5D MKII still need more review???

here ,there are 5D MKII review by

it get compare with Alfa A900, D700 and D3X on high ISO. test.:thumbsup:

i am so happy with my 5d2 high iso performance... i took this pix y'day at the Bird Park Owls Exhibits. U should no that it is pitch dark inside n i took this pix hand held at the following setting: ISO H2 (25600), F: 1/4, hand held and no flash. i was so pleasantly surprise thought to share with all of u. no editing done only reduce the size to facilate uploading.

Last edited:
sorry don no how to post picture.... hope someone can help or follow the link... :)

sorry don no how to post picture.... hope someone can help or follow the link... :)

think you have set the photo as private viewing in Flickr, that's why it's not showing.

please allow me to try again

Prompt please, whether there is in a camera 5D MarkII Russian language support?

Last edited:
Those of you who use LCD screen protectors on the 5D MII, do you have a good brand to recommend?

Or do you prefer not to use one at all?

Have heard that the screen is actually quite scratch resistant and using a protector also reduces the effectiveness of the LCD screen coating.

Thanks.

Prompt please, whether there is in a camera 5D MarkII Russian language support?

Hi pumba1,

I don't have the 5D MKII cam yet .
Hope follow link can help under Menu languages * cell.

Support up to 25 languages.
:- - English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese.

Hope this help U.

Just changed my 5D to 5DII, bought from Beijing, RMB16600.

Yah man, everywhere out stock... Canon said only March then coming in.

Anyway, interesting, I was at Lucky Plaza, itchy, asked this shop facing road at level 1, 5DMII only for 3,600 w/gst haha... they claim local set la but so fast got grey sets meh...

Also, this shop next to McD selling LP-E6 only for $105 cash but not sure if it's fake (is there?)... I was feeling itchy.

Just sold my 40D and will like buy the 5D MII now.
Is $3600 w/gst the cheapest price now is ?.

Any updates on where to get the battery for 5DmkII & how much?

Heard that 3rd party batteries not well supported izit?

Saw a 3rd party LP-E6 with charger at Challenger, price $40+.. anyone tried b4?

this is cheaper than AP, has anyone bought at Challenger yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.