EOS 5D MKII club.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
frank131, I think cheapest is where I got mine, MS Color for $3,780. Look for Florence.

frenzatwork, from what I've seen, 3rd party LP-E6, though they're compatiable with 5D Mark II, they come with their own charger and certain things like the battery indication on the top control LCD may appear as blank as this indication requires some special stuff which only the original battery has. Also from my experience with 3rd party batteries is, the first few months it will perform like original but few months down the road, it'll sure deteorate and drains out faster. This applies to all sorts of 3rd party batts I've tried, from handphone, laptops to camera.

I suggest you get at least one more spare original, MS color selling it at $120, call for stock.

Good luck.

Saw the westmall Harvey also dropping price. Sell 3700. But then it excluding the GST. After GST about $3800. Seem no diff.

Stock for LP-E6 there is 3 more at Merina Cathay Photo price is $125.
Vivo Canonlink there is 5 more $139.

Hi Frenzatwork, wait for those good trusted brand 3rd party batt. Those selling on the ebay and harvey & wherever shop, those batt don;t seems to be able to trust. I been using 3rd party batt for all my existing camera, but those, seems abit scary.

Like rendition mentioned, the original battery for the 5d mk2 has some extra circuitry that the 3rd party batteries lack. It's probably better to hold off on 3rd party batteries until it's "matured" a bit. Going with an extra original battery would be a safer bet. Besides you won't need to store an extra "charger". :)

Understand.

However, even when the subject is 3m away or more, the same problem persist. Just wondering what's the 1DMark3 owners' experience with this lens at F1.2?

I use the 85 1.2 (version 1), on both my 30D & now 5D2. Sharpest lens on my lens line up at f1.2; closely followed by 135 f2.

Either the lens problem or user problem from what you described. Like what others said, this is not a lens that's easy to use, due to the relatively slow AF speed. If yours is the MK2 version, it should be better then mine. And the second issue is the DOF. For example, even if your subject face is tilted slightly (say 5-10 degrees) to your sensor plane, you are not likely to get both eyes sharp in focus due to the DOF. Onlyway around is stop it down to f1.8/f2 to expand the DOF, or use the DOF to your advantage.

Also, try AI Servo, it may help if your subject sway slightly, and multiple shoot also helps to increase the chances of nailing the perfect focus that you want.

I think my Mkii is dying soon. First it suddenly hang during a ROM shoot. Turning the power switch on and off doesn't help. I have to pop out the batteries to get it to work. Than it shows Err 02 saying that the CF card is faulty. Change to another card, same msg. Have to remove battery again to get it to work. Put back the same card and it's working too.

I am going crazy man...

Bro this is something we WD PG dont like to happen i believe you got a spare over shoulder??

Regards
Cohen

If you have QuickTime PRO, simply use the File > Export function - there's quite a bit of different formats for your to choose from.

For something more complex, I use Xilisoft's Video Converter. They have versions for both Mac and PC.

Last edited:
Hi Bro, just curious coz planning on getting one by next month. are there other free stuff s when you got your 5DMK2? By the way thanks for the tip, it is really helpful.
frank131, I think cheapest is where I got mine, MS Color for $3,780. Look for Florence.

frenzatwork, from what I've seen, 3rd party LP-E6, though they're compatiable with 5D Mark II, they come with their own charger and certain things like the battery indication on the top control LCD may appear as blank as this indication requires some special stuff which only the original battery has. Also from my experience with 3rd party batteries is, the first few months it will perform like original but few months down the road, it'll sure deteorate and drains out faster. This applies to all sorts of 3rd party batts I've tried, from handphone, laptops to camera.

I suggest you get at least one more spare original, MS color selling it at $120, call for stock.

Good luck.

Na man, no freebies except great and friendly service. I think you'll hardly get freebies when purchasing xD series but I guess you might be able to get good prices for accessories like batteries, memory cards etc. Actually, the freebie thing kinda slipped my mind, I will usually ask if there is, not sure why it didn't cross my mind that day, maybe I was too excited. But no regrets as I got it at a very good price.

Do call up for stock too before making your way down. Florence is stationed at the branch at a block near a Coffee Shop, not the one at AMK Hub.

ivannoel80, check your PM.

Last edited:
Thanks Bro.!
Na man, no freebies except great and friendly service. I think you'll hardly get freebies when purchasing xD series but I guess you might be able to get good prices for accessories like batteries, memory cards etc. Actually, the freebie thing kinda slipped my mind, I will usually ask if there is, not sure why it didn't cross my mind that day, maybe I was too excited. But no regrets as I got it at a very good price.

Do call up for stock too before making your way down. Florence is stationed at the branch at a block near a Coffee Shop, not the one at AMK Hub.

ivannoel80, check your PM.

Hi Bro, just curious coz planning on getting one by next month. are there other free stuff s when you got your 5DMK2? By the way thanks for the tip, it is really helpful.

She gave me a free LCD screen protector. But the price is the lowest I could find. Good service too as mentioned.

I can't wait to do to mine. For me, I am anal with axis when composing pictures and having that will help me. Currently a little hard to find so waiting for Canon @ Vivo to ring me when stock comes in, they're going for $39 each. I already have the grid on my 40D.

Haha ya, they gave me that too but it's a normal 3.0" protector which does not cover the entire LCD of 5DII which is bigger than 3.0" including the border. It also does not come with the top LCD so I end up buying a decent one from eBay which is suppose to fit my 5DII from edge-to-edge of the LCDs.

She gave me a free LCD screen protector. But the price is the lowest I could find. Good service too as mentioned.

I paid $10 for the protector at MS :(

Haha ya, they gave me that too but it's a normal 3.0" protector which does not cover the entire LCD of 5DII which is bigger than 3.0" including the border. It also does not come with the top LCD so I end up buying a decent one from eBay which is suppose to fit my 5DII from edge-to-edge of the LCDs.

If you are getting 5D Mark II..
I do sell the new body but the price range will be $4017.

Do pm me if you're keen and interested on it. :)

Dear 5D MKII owner.

just curisity?:think:

After switch to Full frame of 5D MKII or own the FF and Crop body, Do you miss the Crop factor?
Why the lens can crop tighter further ? :think:

Please spare your view......;)

Can i check if it is a good idea to change the existing focusing screen to the grid version?

For focusing screen of the cam, it depend on the each individual preference.
I'm will more prefer of the Grid focus screen on my 40D body for me align of the image in verticle and horizontal alignment.:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.