Editor fined $10000 for spitting at police, escapes 4 year jail term.

So it seems physical violence is your favorite form of telling people what not to do?

If our laws sentence people to caning, it is not physical violence.

Physical violence is what the perpetrators did in edutilos's links.

I marvel at how you can twist words to make the opposite seem true.

the Executive represents the nation
It does not. My link should clear this. It's a misconception, quite common. Simple example: put Tony Tan (your president and official representative of Singapore Nation) into any other country, he still is recognized and honoured for what he is. Do that with a simple police officer in uniform and he either gets funny looks or gets arrested for wearing his uniform outside his home country. A police officer is the extended arm of the law, responsible to enforce it. He does not stand for anything further, that's not his job.

If our laws sentence people to caning, it is not physical violence.
Physical violence is what the perpetrators did in edutilos's links.
I marvel at how you can twist words to make the opposite seem true.
Twisting words? Let's stick to the neutral definition, should be obvious enough.
And secondly: laws don't sentence and cane anybody. It's people in certain functions of Judiciary and Executive who do this, intentionally.
Physical violence is defined independently from who is applying it, whether it is the father beating his wife and kids or the government ordering caning.
That's the reason why there are international movements for abolishing caning and other forms of violence, up to capital punishments.
But then again: if you are happy with such laws then don't get upset. Sleep well in your bed and pray that you will never be on the wrong side of the bar for something where your law has caning in as an option.

Last edited:
Can.. if you still remember what to do ;p

He will punch you first, then get drunk. Can? How do you prove that he punch you first before getting drunk?