Eclub membership

speedtest99

May 8, 2004
How to become a EClub member, is it just go to the below website and buy the membership?
E-club Membership

How long it takes for the membership to arrive after purchase from the website?
I hope it can arrive on time as i need the EClub membership to redeem free 17mm F1.8 hood (preorder of EP5)

EClub membership is $49 only, 17mm Original hood is definitely worth more than that. so i think is worth it.

Last edited:
just read from somewhere "only existing owner of the Olympus E-System DSLR to be eligible for E-Club registration"?
is that true? I do not have E-System DSLR.

just read from somewhere "only existing owner of the Olympus E-System DSLR to be eligible for E-Club registration"?
is that true? I do not have E-System DSLR.

Based on what I heard, you can register with any olympus camera. Not sure if they allow voice recorders though.

What proof do you need to show that you are an existing owner? Is it just the camera serial number?
If you really need, you can "borrow" my OM-D serial number. PM me if needed.

What proof do you need to show that you are an existing owner? Is it just the camera serial number?
If you really need, you can "borrow" my OM-D serial number. PM me if needed.

I am not sure what proof is needed, the link above seems like everyone can buy the eclub membership, just like ordinary shopping cart.
Thanks for your offer, I also have a omd, buy have not register.

Based on what I heard, you can register with any olympus camera. Not sure if they allow voice recorders though.

Hi, do you know the process of enrolling as a member?
Or does anyone knows, call Olympus Singapore, but always engage.

Last edited:
Hi, do you know the process of enrolling as a member?
Or does anyone knows, call Olympus Singapore, but always engage.

Calling Olympus SG would seem like the best option... I can't recall how I enrolled for mine since it was many years back... Am checking with the relevant folks but may not be able to get you an answer so soon... Alternatively, you could go to Olympus Imaging Singapore facebook acct and post the question on their timeline...

What I understand is, you'll need to register for the membership with a S/N of an Olympus camera you own.

I may be a bit off topic here, but so what if you are a member of the E-club? They don't have any activities,events at all. You don't even know what is the privilege that the card offers!

I may be a bit off topic here, but so what if you are a member of the E-club? They don't have any activities,events at all. You don't even know what is the privilege that the card offers!

Like what TS mentioned - the cost of the free hood is already worth more than the cost of membership. That alone is good enough. :)

anyone got the free polo tshirt from olympus after signing up for eclub member?
still waiting for mine to arrive, wonder how it looks like.

I sign up last year with my OMD, 3 months past still not news even the money already went throught. Call them up, they said still checking till i ask my friend who know the marketing manager (a lady), then within 2 weeks, i got my card. TILL NOW, I STILL WAITING FOR MY T-SHIRT & CAP. (a few more month will be a year). Even i went downlast sat to their office to collect my EP5 free gift. After checking with them, (they said will call me back on mon). till now no news from them. 'BEST SERVICE AWARD' sure go to them...

I think got to wait 1 month or more.

BloodyHell! Olympus sg is damn bad serivce, till now, over a years, my damn free gift still not recive yet. Give them my info & they told me will call me back the next working day, bloodlyhell, it already more than a months ago. WHEN THEN THEY START THEIR NEXT WORKING DAY!

BloodyHell! Olympus sg is damn bad serivce, till now, over a years, my damn free gift still not recive yet. Give them my info & they told me will call me back the next working day, bloodlyhell, it already more than a months ago. WHEN THEN THEY START THEIR NEXT WORKING DAY!

Relax
I'm sure they will pass to u what they owe u.

Your profile pic with your message really gives an imposing sight though :)

More worse the E club card email address cant be use.

----- Forwarded Message -----

Your message

Subject: Been waiting for amost a year for my free stuffs.

was not delivered to:

dslrsupport.osp@olympus.com.sg

because:

User dslrsupport.osp (dslrsupport.osp@olympus.com.sg) not listed in Domino Directory

Kiss your $49 goodbye dude. I was dupe to pay when the marketing manager told me that they may discontinue the membership so now (at that time) it's the chance to get it. Those who paid up will enjoy lifetime membership. Though I got the T-shirt and cap, there weren't any activities at all. So I paid $49 for the t-shirt and cap and it wasn't impressive at all. It was worthless :(

That very lucky for you, i paid them last years when the OMD was first launch, join the club, wait till now dont even get the damn call from them. It better let Sony take over the whole olympus, Sony serivce is far more better then them.

Guys, pls dont support the Olympus E-Club, it damn F*** useless, camera still ok only. compare to others, same performance, pay more.

Have you tried calling them? This isn't a place to vent your unhappiness. Even if they did tick you off. Everyone has their bad day, so does every company, just be nice about it and I'm sure the situtation would be solved quickly. Not sure if you were in the service line, but if you weren't, then would you be happy if someone was unhappy with your service and the 2 parties start fighting? Nothing will be solved. If you are or were in the service line, you should know how it feels. If a company is determined by how good their service are, shouldn't other companies close? I've been waiting for the battery replacement door for a few weeks, but I just call to check now and then.

Nikon told me that to to repair my 24-70 lens is to replace the whole barrel and it'll take like a month for stock to arrive. I'm not particularly pleased that a simple problem requires the entire barrel to be replaced, but I don't get ticked off and starting telling everyone "Hey! Nikon is bla bla bla for not keeping stock, having a stupid design and costing so much!"

Fact is, if you're not happy with Olympus and you're happy with Sony, by all means, go ahead, switch to Sony. For example, ASUS, in other countries, notably the USA, service have got mixed reviews from consumers, some say good, some say bad, yet ASUS Singapore so far as given me good service although a bit slow the last time I was there.

At the end of the day, not everything will be successful. Let's face it, Olympus is not as big as Canon or Nikon in the camera world, so it comes as no surprise if E club does fail, I won't be surprised if other "minor" brands have their own club and fails. Whether or not a camera is good is relative, and depends on what you're comparing to. Nikon D3 and Sony A900, same sensor, D3 outperforms it, pay more. Not even same performance, I've used the first Olympus DSLR, and now am using the first PEN, it's come a long way, especially since I used the E-P5 the other day.

In fact, now that I think about it after writing so much, what has E club got to do with their cameras? Crappy cameras are crappy cameras, clubs are clubs, the only link is the club belongs to which company. At the end of the day, if you're not happy, just call them and talk to them nicely, and have the problem sorted out, instead of emailing them. I've emailed 3M to enquire on their half face respirator, and have emailed MOE more than a year ago regarding something about poly. I have not received replies from either. 3M Singapore is hopeless when asking questions, USA is expensive to call. I can call MOE anytime I want. So let's all take a break, relax, breathe in and settle this like civilized people

Have you tried calling them? This isn't a place to vent your unhappiness. Even if they did tick you off. Everyone has their bad day, so does every company, just be nice about it and I'm sure the situtation would be solved quickly. Not sure if you were in the service line, but if you weren't, then would you be happy if someone was unhappy with your service and the 2 parties start fighting? Nothing will be solved. If you are or were in the service line, you should know how it feels. If a company is determined by how good their service are, shouldn't other companies close? I've been waiting for the battery replacement door for a few weeks, but I just call to check now and then.

Nikon told me that to to repair my 24-70 lens is to replace the whole barrel and it'll take like a month for stock to arrive. I'm not particularly pleased that a simple problem requires the entire barrel to be replaced, but I don't get ticked off and starting telling everyone "Hey! Nikon is bla bla bla for not keeping stock, having a stupid design and costing so much!"

Fact is, if you're not happy with Olympus and you're happy with Sony, by all means, go ahead, switch to Sony. For example, ASUS, in other countries, notably the USA, service have got mixed reviews from consumers, some say good, some say bad, yet ASUS Singapore so far as given me good service although a bit slow the last time I was there.

At the end of the day, not everything will be successful. Let's face it, Olympus is not as big as Canon or Nikon in the camera world, so it comes as no surprise if E club does fail, I won't be surprised if other "minor" brands have their own club and fails. Whether or not a camera is good is relative, and depends on what you're comparing to. Nikon D3 and Sony A900, same sensor, D3 outperforms it, pay more. Not even same performance, I've used the first Olympus DSLR, and now am using the first PEN, it's come a long way, especially since I used the E-P5 the other day.

In fact, now that I think about it after writing so much, what has E club got to do with their cameras? Crappy cameras are crappy cameras, clubs are clubs, the only link is the club belongs to which company. At the end of the day, if you're not happy, just call them and talk to them nicely, and have the problem sorted out, instead of emailing them. I've emailed 3M to enquire on their half face respirator, and have emailed MOE more than a year ago regarding something about poly. I have not received replies from either. 3M Singapore is hopeless when asking questions, USA is expensive to call. I can call MOE anytime I want. So let's all take a break, relax, breathe in and settle this like civilized people

Spidey. I'm not part of this debate but my 2cents. True we should always talk where possible as no one is infallible. However I would like to compare local service staff to overseas. I travel widely and have stayed overseas. What I noticed is local service staff are too rigid and by the book. Rarely do you find someone who tries to solve your problem by "delighting the customer". Too many stories where I couldn't resolve the situation except by requesting to speak to management. And sometimes I needed to bang table to get silly rules over turned. So I don't doubt the folks here feel upset about the eclub. Talk to mgmt. if it doesn't work, bang table.

'Have you tried calling them? This isn't a place to vent your unhappiness', Have u been reading my post? (postrd on 10 July). You are also lucky that take only months to replace ur lens which is gd as they reply u, for me they simply brush off for a years plus even they took down my personal info.

What wrong with sharing my bad to others, so they can know what the company serivce standard? and are u saying that sony cam is not as good as olympus one?