E510 rumour II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightpiper

Oct 20, 2003
sorry, b4 i cud add anything in the old post, its already closed. :sweat:

anyway, i also heard rumours its launching next mth.

the ESPN or _espn_ or wxxxxp behavior is long history. nevertheless lets juz keep the community spirit alive. :lovegrin: if u dun like then dun post lor, its a free country. ;)

sorry, b4 i cud add anything in the old post, its already closed. :sweat:

anyway, i also heard rumours its launching next mth.

the ESPN or _espn_ or wxxxp behavior is long history. nevertheless lets juz keep the community spirit alive. :lovegrin: if u dun like then dun post lor, its a free country. ;)

I totally agree with you, we gotta keep the community spirit alive and make sure we don't emulate ESPN (whoever or whatever happened) by getting into such exchanges like the closed thread.NO VALUE whatsoever. The exchange was a little ahem 'heated'. In the words of the Black Eyed Peas n Justin Timberlake, where is the love? We are all humans and we falter....:bigeyes:

PEACE everyone...:lovegrin:

Microcosm,

The problem is that SU's like Drakon are the cause of the problem.

This is not the first time he has escalated the issue by reacting badly to a mistake that has been pointed out.

Instead of diffusing the situation, he has made it more the worse by his threatening behaviour.

Is saving face more important that doing your jobs right?

If SUs are not there to maintain a level of civility (instead of being the perpertrators) amongst the users then what are they there for?

Microcosm,

The problem is that SU's like Drakon are the cause of the problem.

This is not the first time he has escalated the issue by reacting badly to a mistake that has been pointed out.

Instead of diffusing the situation, he has made it more the worse by his threatening behaviour.

Is saving face more important that doing your jobs right?

If SUs are not there to maintain a level of civility (instead of being the perpertrators) amongst the users then what are they there for?

Dear Tetrode,

Could we just drop the issue - I really don't think there is any benefit to anyone of us if we carry on with such remarks. As a third party looking into this as objectively as I can, may I say to both you and Drakon that you guys have overeacted?

Isn't it unfair to label him as the cause of the problem? He may not be the only one. We ALL play a part in keeping the threads civil.

Drakon,

It's not worth the energy put in as a SU if you are seen to be over-reacting. Indeed, remember tone says everything. Even if said in jest, it may be taken the wrong way.

GENTLEMEN, can we please just DROP IT? Enuff said already. Really pains me to see such threads and 'threats'. Call me a softy. Think I am going to end up having a sleepless night!:cry:

Dear Tetrode,

Could we just drop the issue - I really don't think there is any benefit to anyone of us if we carry on with such remarks. As a third party looking into this as objectively as I can, may I say to both you and Drakon that you guys have overeacted?

Isn't it unfair to label him as the cause of the problem? He may not be the only one. We ALL play a part in keeping the threads civil.

Drakon,

It's not worth the energy put in as a SU if you are seen to be over-reacting. Indeed, remember tone says everything. Even if said in jest, it may be taken the wrong way.

GENTLEMEN, can we please just DROP IT? Enuff said already. Really pains me to see such threads and 'threats'. Call me a softy. Think I am going to end up having a sleepless night!:cry:

Using Drakon's metaphor - I was just giving him the rope - he used it to hang himself by the way he reacted.

If he had done his job in the first place, I wouldn't have anything to say. Just standing up for the TS and the interest of fair play.

If we are all responsible, then why the need for SUs?

Using Drakon's metaphor - I was just giving him the rope - he used it to hang himself by the way he reacted.

If he had done his job in the first place, I wouldn't have anything to say. Just standing up for the TS and the interest of fair play.

If we are all responsible, then why the need for SUs?

Tetrode,

But why is it among the SU that you seem to be picking him out? He isn't the only SU around in this sub-forum. Aren't we NOT being responsible too by singling the person out?

Aren't you overreacting too? Let's all do the responsible thing and end this cordially.

Thank you.

i was keen on the camera e510 ..So i click on this thread hope to read out some rumours on some of the e510 pricing, features...

However there is nothing about it at all..

read on all these heated argument, I must say it is totally hopeless, wat a shame 4/3 forum had turned into.

Tetrode,

But why is it among the SU that you seem to be picking him out? He isn't the only SU around in this sub-forum. Aren't we NOT being responsible too by singling the person out?

Aren't you overreacting too? Let's all do the responsible thing and end this cordially.

Thank you.

Not trying to single him out at all. He is the only one that overreacted - like I said - just giving him the rope when he did.

This isn't the first time he has done this. He has made snide remakes at my posts before (with no encouragement from me). Now he is using threatening language. Is this how an SU should act?

*answering you and him previously in a perfectly calm manner.

i was keen on the camera e510 ..So i click on this thread hope to read out some rumours on some of the e510 pricing, features...

However there is nothing about it at all..

read on all these heated argument, I must say it is totally hopeless, wat a shame 4/3 forum had turned into.

Yeap Wong SE,

I must apologise that I have carried on and contributed to the heated arguments. But in all I must say it was with good intentions to steer it back to what it was meant to be. I promise this will be my last 'bo-liao' off tangent response.

I have also given up trying to point out the shame 4/3 forum has become. I came in here with the hope of learning about our 4/3 systems and photography. Seems I am not learning otherwise.

M eager to see the E-510 too...saw the prototype some weeks back. However, already got the E-410 so I shall see no more evil. Already getting poisoned by the fish eye lens Microcosm showed yesterday at the kopi session. More camera gear means something else in the budget has gotta give!

It is not a rumour ,it is ture.post some photos about the E510,my friends in Shanghai already have the NO S/N body.
20070520_f2acb7cec58a083ebcf883n8lBnUgzUT.jpg

20070520_bec8f1997990da50cd1bOmRwA8JDUVAv.jpg

20070520_743c0c876ffde562675bRrpBoPOLBxyz.jpg

Aah E-510, lovely!

Rumours say anything about an ETA next month?

Major mail order stores in Australia have listed the E-510 to be available late May, so I am hoping that it'll be here around that time.

I WANT AN E-510!!! :D

Aah E-510, lovely!

Rumours say anything about an ETA next month?

Major mail order stores in Australia have listed the E-510 to be available late May, so I am hoping that it'll be here around that time.

I WANT AN E-510!!! :D

Cutting Edge,

Yesterday's session has whet your appetite eh? :bsmilie:

er... it's no rumour actually. the e510 is slated to be launched a month after the e410.

Actually, I already bought a FL-50 flash and a RM-1 remote for the camera before the session!

Was there just to reaffirm my committment to the Oly system by hearing you all talk about your experience with their stuff!

Hope you're having fun with your E-410! :D

Actually, I already bought a FL-50 flash and a RM-1 remote for the camera before the session!

Was there just to reaffirm my committment to the Oly system by hearing you all talk about your experience with their stuff!

Hope you're having fun with your E-410! :D

Haven't really had the time to use it...and since I really am new to a lot of photography jargon, skills, techniques etc, can be a bit daunting. Though my dad was a pretty good photographer and let me play with his Nikkormat even when I was in primary school, I am really not with it with technicalities. Pure humanities person at heart. It was really cool when Microcosm reminded us all that photography is about connecting with the person looking at our photos. Coz if you talk about technicalities, then I better give up my E-410!

If it helps, I was kaypoh and asked about the 510 when i was shopping around for my new lens today and it seems like they will know how much the 510 will cost in sg next month but as to when stock will actually arrive, noone knows.

;o)

Haven't really had the time to use it...and since I really am new to a lot of photography jargon, skills, techniques etc, can be a bit daunting. Though my dad was a pretty good photographer and let me play with his Nikkormat even when I was in primary school, I am really not with it with technicalities. Pure humanities person at heart. It was really cool when Microcosm reminded us all that photography is about connecting with the person looking at our photos. Coz if you talk about technicalities, then I better give up my E-410!

Amen to that!

I'm just moving up from my trusty point-and-shoot camera myself, so I don't really know much about the technicalities of a DSLR system, hence I just listened yesterday.

As a journalism student I can't really subscribe to the whole package of digital imaging techniques to enhance photos (other than stuff like tweaking the contrast, cropping etc.), but I do agree with the importance of the pictures connecting with, and portraying a story to the audience!

Whoops, sorry of OT'ing.

I WANT AN E-510! :D

Amen to that!

I'm just moving up from my trusty point-and-shoot camera myself, so I don't really know much about the technicalities of a DSLR system, hence I just listened yesterday.

As a journalism student I can't really subscribe to the whole package of digital imaging techniques to enhance photos (other than stuff like tweaking the contrast, cropping etc.), but I do agree with the importance of the pictures connecting with, and portraying a story to the audience!

Whoops, sorry of OT'ing.

I WANT AN E-510! :D

At the prototype session, the Oly guys did say that it would be a month or so after the 410 launch. 410's size is, pardon the gender bias, great for ladies. I must confess, a selling point was that it could fit into one of my more structured, small clutch handbags!

I want the FISH EYE lense!! :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.