DSLR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial D? That is just a comic bro, be realistic, we are living in a real world man! And somemore the car look 1.3 litre but the engine is being upgraded my friend! If you take Jay Chou initial d, u can see that in the first real race, he lost deep deep with his car burnt in smokes!! it is only after that his dad upgrade his engine to a turbo engine then he win again...

Your 'people skills' at work again :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Putting F1 car against 1.3L van is realistic meh?? :dunno:

sorry hor...i got bring the camera to a pro to use and the same effect come out, how do u say about that? he said there is nothing he can do as the camera can only provide this type of effect.

SuccessEnroute, maybe you can post the photo here, so we can all discuss this limitation.

Removed the rest of my original post... dun see a point anymore... lost cause??...

Last edited:

realistic lo, there is indeed an f1 car and 1.3L van. All the while i am trying to say a Pro with a lousy camera and a Pro with a good camera, who will the highest chance of coming out with better quality photos?

marketing ,business and people skills should not be a problem for me as i already doing online n offline biz too and used to be a marketing manager. So for this part i am not worried. I am more worry on the skillset part etc. I would love to be a wedding photographer, love to capture the happy moments of a couple and would like to take the most beauty shot for them to remember at.

LOL....
none of those "skills" will help you take a better photo.

As for which camera is "good" enough, catchlight's answer was good enough for most people, it's just that you're not able to understand it.

It's just like photography: A good photographer will know the limits of the camera, work around failings and capture his "good enough" shots. A noob won't know the capabilities of the camera, wouldn't know how to maximise the equipment, and as a result none of their shots will be "good enough".

To a wedding couple, there'll be no camera good enough for wedding shots from a noob, and shots from a pro will be good enough irregardless of the equipment.

realistic lo, there is indeed an f1 car and 1.3L van. All the while i am trying to say a Pro with a lousy camera and a Pro with a good camera, who will the highest chance of coming out with better quality photos?

Yes, but you are not a Pro.

To use your flawed and really rubbish analogy, take a van with an F1 engine and put it in Schumacher's hands. Then take a F1 car and put it into your hands.

My money's on Schumi.

As stated before, it's not the body, for a wedding photog, what's more important are (in order of importance) the skills, experience, flash and lenses, and then faaaaar behind... The body.

so u all meaning u can just anyhow get a normal carmera which have restricted function to get limit your capability? So what if you have the best skillset in the world but your camera limit your skills?? why not u use normal digital camera then, why use dslr then??? digital camera even more cost justafiable, 200 to 300 plus can get one already, then why dont pros use it since they only consider skills only.

It is just like competing in a F1 race, all the pple are driving a f1 cars while you just driving a 1.3Litres van or car, do u think u will win the race even u got the best skill in the world??? Do u all get my point???

When competing in a F1 race, they have F1 drivers. You give someone without any drivingskill a 1.3l van or a F1 car, there is also no difference.

Mostly likely he'll crash and die in the F1 car rather than the 1.3l van though.

LOL....
none of those "skills" will help you take a better photo.

As for which camera is "good" enough, catchlight's answer was good enough for most people, it's just that you're not able to understand it.

It's just like photography: A good photographer will know the limits of the camera, work around failings and capture his "good enough" shots. A noob won't know the capabilities of the camera, wouldn't know how to maximise the equipment, and as a result none of their shots will be "good enough".

To a wedding couple, there'll be no camera good enough for wedding shots from a noob, and shots from a pro will be good enough irregardless of the equipment.

more and more posts are getting constructive, and out of a sudden u come out this type of post, so u want to find trouble or kept picking at me???

when you give it to someone without a driving license, it's all the same.

Sure, someone without a driving license will want a F1 ar rather than a van, but when you actually get them to drive from point A to b, there's not going to be any difference. :bsmilie:

Pls allow me (noobie also) to contribute a little...

Think if TS is asking about quality of photos then I guess DSLR will definitely win a PnS flat (assuming you use "auto" on both).

As to TS query of "Pro with a lousy camera and a Pro with a good camera", then of course the Pro with good camera will produce BETTER photos (not only quality but the composition and everything to create photos with "WOW" factor).

Just my 2cents worth. Cheers.

TS, should relax and listen more to the advice of fellow bros here. I learn a lot from them :)

Sure, someone without a driving license will want a F1 ar rather than a van, but when you actually get them to drive from point A to b, there's not going to be any difference. :bsmilie:

Of course mah. Both crash and burn halfway. :sweat:

more and more posts are getting constructive, and out of a sudden u come out this type of post, so u want to find trouble or kept picking at me???

actually i tried to make it very constructive by breaking down its meaning for you. I guess you don't take things very well, do you?

Think if TS is asking about quality of photos then I guess DSLR will definitely win a PnS flat (assuming you use "auto" on both).

Actually, we keep getting complaints/questions from newbies about why the pics from their PnS come out sharper, better colors, etc, than from their new DSLR.

People always forget that a PnS does a lot of post-processing in-cam for you, while a DSLR is designed to give relatively neutral output for you to tweak on your own later.

I don't understand, you keep answering the unimportant part of everyone's reply? Why's that?
Going by your logic, there is indeed a Schumacher and there is indeed you, why don't both of you race?

As suggested, can you tell us which is the camera that gave you "quality of the images sucks, so many pixelated dots or the image is not clear at all or blurry" and post some photos up so we can discuss about it.

Am I talking to a 12 year old here? I really wanna know.

I actually find this advice very constructive. Ultimately, it's the way the photos are shot and look that most Pro are hired for and not for the quality (of course cannot be too pixelated, but even if it is, Pro knows how to post process it to make it looks good).

Last edited:
actually i tried to make it very constructive by breaking down its meaning for you. I guess you don't take things very well, do you?

if i were u, i will stop posting this type of things...pls look at the type of posts i appreciated above like recommend me better camera or even show me some of the shots they took before.

I don't understand, you keep answering the unimportant part of everyone's reply? Why's that?
Going by your logic, there is indeed a Schumacher and there is indeed you, why don't both of you race?

As suggested, can you tell us which is the camera that gave you "quality of the images sucks, so many pixelated dots or the image is not clear at all or blurry" and post some photos up so we can discuss about it.

Am I talking to a 12 year old here? I really wanna know.

perhaps out of point, but the last time i encountered this sort of attitude, was when I met this obnoxious rich fella who could buy whatever camera he wanted. Having no artistic talent, no patience to learn about composition, he insisted on me recommending the best camera money can buy. He didn't even want to hear about the reasons behind the why they may not be suitable.

So I pointed him to a medium format digital back system.

Don't worry about it. It's all mystery pros, friends of friends, uncle's daughter's best friend's classmate's brother-in-law...

it was this camera, i confess

i didn't know how to use it

hello_kitty_2.jpg

if i were u, i will stop posting this type of things...pls look at the type of posts i appreciated above like recommend me better camera or even show me some of the shots they took before.

If I were you, I would mind my tone and do some research on my own instead of expecting to be spoon-fed, demanding answers, then spitting out the valuable answers and only paying attention to nonsense.

How old are you, really? You definitely do not have the people-skills you claim to have.

Oh, so you mean you only want to hear what you want to instead of answers to your question?

Fine. Go buy a digital medium format back + system. They're so good that many high end glossy magazines are only accepting shots from them. Look at the Phase One P45 with a Mamiya system.

Last edited:
Nai Meh....thx for the heads up.

i'd hasten to add that lomos produce v nice wedding shots too.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.