Dry Box For Small Spaces

blahblah1

Aug 6, 2017
Singapore
Anyone got any good dry boxes to recommend for a small space? I have one mirrorless and only a couple of lenses so I don't need that much space.
If it can fit on a shelf or be hung, that would be amazing.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Unfortunately such a contraption does not exist. Best to use a standard 36L dry cabinet which will last about 8yrs. before the power supply module wears out. Remember it's powered on 24/7 so I think you have your money's worth and not forgetting you are likely to get more stuff as you improve in your photography.

Reactions: Ah Keong
If the standard dry boxes (~4 liters volume) are not enough then get a 10 liters storage box (from IKEA or others), get a hygrometer (Sim Lim Tower, or online) and a pack of Thirsty Hippo. One hippo might last a couple of months. Do keep in mind that no hygrometer is 100% accurate, despite the fancy displays. Do the salt test (Google helps) to figure out how much the hygrometer is off. On top of that check for some padding material to avoid your lenses rolling around in the box.

In contrast to this DIY / budget approach: The smallest models of electrical dry cabinet are ~30 liters, costs about $130 and have at least one shelf where your lenses have a good place to sit without rolling around.
Example https://digicabi.com.sg/ats-series/db-036a (No, I'm not getting anything for that link.)

Reactions: Ah Keong
Dry boxes are actually very useful. You can put in not just camera stuff, but other electronics (to prevent rust), leather stuff like wallet, documents (to prevent mold etc) as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions!! I guess I'll have to find a spot to put a dry box other than beside my bed