doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

Status
Not open for further replies.
please read post #209

how much fact do you need before you can make a comment on such a situation? or do you prefer to keep quiet? yanking in this forum will do little to help those involved, but at least it helps in exchanging of personal views, hopefully everyone takes something back as food for thought.

btw, going by your reasoning, no Singaporean citizen not belonging to the parliament should speak/discuss of anything related to national policies and laws, simply because they are not in the know of the workings in the parliament.

National policies and laws are spelled out clearly for all to see.

Domestic disputes are anything but clear. There's usually more than one skeleton in the closet.

Why boycott the doctor when we only hear one side story? How do you know that the mother has did nothing wrong? Have you ever see how nasty a mother can be when she tried to win her son's heart?

Why nobody say anything abt the human resource manager yet keep pin point at the doctor? You would you know whether if she had gave the doctor a hard time which force him to throw his mom things out?

The more I read this post the more ridiculous it gets.

???????

Alamak. you people are not reading the posts. Most of us are angry at they way he TOOK the flat and throw out his mother. MOST of us UNDERSTAND that the mom could be the bitch MIL from hell but the most extreme solution is to JUST move out. Why must he ask the mom for ownership of the flat and throw her out the next day... For this case, it doesn't matter what the other side of the story is. No matter how EVIIILL the mother is, such measures cannot be condoned.

Any to the human resource manager, the answer is SIMPLE. Tha old woman is not her mom.

BTW, the doctor thing even a consideration here. I don't even expect Lawyers to be so bad :bsmilie:

Domestic disputes are anything but clear. There's usually more than one skeleton in the closet.

i think you have a rather backward thinking. you ought to write to the publisher of the article demanding that they have all the facts before publishing anything. you said it yourself, what you see may not always be true. but when presented with 'truth' (if there's such a thing) there are people who choose not to see it. it's just like this forum, can you believe in everything written in this forum? if you can't, why do you demand others to be of such a moral high ground to shut their crap when presented with a article about such a tragic happening?

please read post #209
add one more example, it's like saying that no one is allowed to make a comment on a piece of photographic work as long as that person is not with the photographer at the scene when the work is created.

There is no right or wrong in the appreciation of art.

Some posts here are already certain where the fault lies. It's their right, of course. However, it runs the risk of jumping the gun...

how come you support the doctor so much?

how is your mother doing?

There is no right or wrong in the appreciation of art.

Some posts here are already certain where the fault lies. It's their right, of course. However, it runs the risk of jumping the gun...

then we should all shut up and close down the forum. because everyone has his/her own gun to jump about, if not how do conversation occur? there's no right or wrong in family disputes (though i would 100% disagree) then there's also no right and wrong in voicing personal opinions. right? :bsmilie:

then we should all shut up and close down the forum. because everyone has his/her own gun to jump about, if not how do conversation occur? there's no right or wrong in family disputes (though i would 100% disagree) then there's also no right and wrong in voicing personal opinions. right? :bsmilie:

:thumbsup:

i think you have a rather backward thinking. you ought to write to the publisher of the article demanding that they have all the facts before publishing anything. you said it yourself, what you see may not always be true. but when presented with 'truth' (if there's such a thing) there are people who choose not to see it. it's just like this forum, can you believe in everything written in this forum? if you can't, why do you demand others to be of such a moral high ground to shut their crap when presented with a article about such a tragic happening?

Good point.

I expect others to have their own views. I apologize of I have given you the impression otherwise.

All I am tyring to say is there could be things we are missing...

Good point.

I expect others to have their own views. I apologize of I have given you the impression otherwise.

All I am tyring to say is there could be things we are missing...

of course it's not in full details. but there are enough details to make out a situation. no names have been mentioned anyway, why the need to talk about casting stones and what not? the most we all do here is hit a couple of buttons. of course unless there's anyone out there who get so serious about things that they start hammering their PC ... now that'll be quite tragic really :bsmilie:

of course it's not in full details. but there are enough details to make out a situation. no names have been mentioned anyway, why the need to talk about casting stones and what not? the most we all do here is hit a couple of buttons. of course unless there's anyone out there who get so serious about things that they start hammering their PC ... now that'll be quite tragic really :bsmilie:

ohshitijustpulloutmyspacebarhelp!

actually i thought of a more interesting topic for crossfire from this article. if you're the reporter, will you yield to public pressure to expose the names of those involved? :devil:

Nah, not worked up or anything ;)

It's just these NTP/tabloid articles which are usually sensationalized make me sigh and shake my head most of the time...

Nah, not worked up or anything ;)

It's just these NTP/tabloid articles which are usually sensationalized make me sigh and shake my head most of the time...

as much as sensationalisation distorts truths, they can be put to good use also. there're always more than 2 sides to anything :)

actually i thought of a more interesting topic for crossfire from this article. if you're the reporter, will you yield to public pressure to expose the names of those involved? :devil:

Never happen.

If they spill the beans, they'll loose credibility and never get another break, ever..

Never happen.

If they spill the beans, they'll loose credibility and never get another break, ever..

:think: let me paint another scenario, question open to everyone.

if you're charged by anger from all these information you received firsthand as the appointed reporter for this article, would you risk your publisher's credibility to put the names up? either in your personal website or blog, since blog is such an in thing now and sometimes get spinoffs far more influential than papers.

if you're charged by anger from all these information you received firsthand as the appointed reporter for this article, would you risk your publisher's credibility to put the names up? either in your personal website or blog, since blog is such an in thing now and sometimes get spinoffs far more influential than papers.

Not a wise move as it would open you up for a libel suit against you.

Oh, the loose cannon on deck employee...

First, TNP will probably can him. Then, he'll have so much trouble finding employment in that industry, he'll have to either go freelance or exit the industry all-together.

Status
Not open for further replies.