Do you think Leica lenses outperform the top end lenses from Nikon/Canon?

Do you think Leica lenses outperform the top end lenses from Nikon/Canon/Minolta?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously as a olympus user, I very much want to know whether Zuiko lens will outperform others brand? sorry not a brand war but i am just curious, I think canon and nikon user may want to know it as well.

seriously as a olympus user, I very much want to know whether Zuiko lens will outperform others brand? sorry not a brand war but i am just curious, I think canon and nikon user may want to know it as well.

not against oly, I have oly too
don't compare with Leica, Schneider, Rodenstock, Carl Zeiss, Rollei
for most practical day to day use, oly, canon , nikon are good enough

Performance is subjective...

I have had good results with a $10 russian lens but medicore ones with a german lens so country does not equate to quality (although it can indicate a higher level of quality then another). My suggestion is to really use what ever you like to shoot what you want. Lenses nowadays are very closely related to each other with only the "signature" of the lens to look out for.

Samuel

Lens sharpness varies between brands. Besides sharpness, contrast and resolution also counts. Some people go for nice smooth bokeh which in most cases have large aperture like 1.4 and below.
I have the chance to toy with many brands when I work in a rental house. Some lenses perform much better than others. Some are simply soft even stop down to f8. I may add that even the same lenses might have different results maybe due to QC and during production. My advice is keep the lens which produce the result you like. Sell those that you do not like (since you will not use it often).
Some lenses perform well only at certain aperture setting. So you might want to know your lens and use it at its optimum performance f stop.

Just to share something I learnt.

Yes they do...... everyone happy now? (toungue in cheek) ha ha ha......

This thread has really long life.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.