Do you shoot with your left or right eye?

How do you shoot?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being right handed I shoot with my right eye heheh if that is the right thing to say heh.... And it makes sense to me because less of my nose will be smudging on my preview screen in the back of my DSLR and I can get closer to the viewfinder heh. I remember in those days of SLRs....I alway have this oily spot in the back of the film back due to my oily sweaty nose rubbing on it :)

I am surprise that so many people shoot with Left eye :bsmilie: I always thought that I am the abnormal one :sweat:

i only write with my left hand, when i fire rifles and guns, i aim with the right eye as well. but when shooting with cams. i use both eyes, hah i dunno why. i just realised i used both eyes.
maybe one tired already use the other one...

I use my left eye as it's my master eye, for both my still photography and even on film cameras for my school projects in moving images.

i am right hander, right master eye.
But taking photo is using left eye.
I think partly because the viewfinder is on the left side of the camera.
But i feel comfortable this way.

I'm right handed but fortunately left master eye. Why is this good?
I was at the Vivocity with a group of people shooting the new year performance. The person on my right carries heavy equipments with big flash and point the flash upwards. It’s ok if he shoot landscape mode but when he turns his camera to portrait, the flash fires straight into my right eye. I have to close my right eye for the whole shots or I believe I will be blind on then right my eye now.

The person on my right carries heavy equipments with big flash and point the flash upwards. It’s ok if he shoot landscape mode but when he turns his camera to portrait, the flash fires straight into my right eye.

This person obviously have no idea how to use his flash.

interesting question. i am right handed but shoot with my left eye. do not know why - perhaps it just made sense because the viewfinder is on the left. :D

i can see better with my left eye.
but i use my right eye to shot (in the army)...bette loh ... cos i'm right handed.
now i also using my right eye....sometimes left eye with naturally go to the viewfinder ...lol:bsmilie:
the squirting ... hurt my eyes ...:cry:
"i can't vote ... new member":think:

Actually the SLR's VF are meant for the right eye just like you would shoot with a rifle especially when you are using a telephoto lens. By using your right eye on the VF, you can see a wider scope of field with your left eye open at the same time and ready to point and shoot on another subject which may happen in an instance.

right-handed but i use my left-eye... but like most, aim rifle with right eye... a matter of conditioning, i supposed. i will try using my left eye for the next shoot. i wld like to minimise oil prints on my LCD! never thot of that!

right handed, left eye. besides being my master eye, its easier to rest the camera against my face. feels so much more natural too. i started with right eye for a week before converting. felt so much better after changing!!!

Haha so you mean you changed? I thought the viewfinders almost always go to the master eye the first time you hold a camera..

And wow, it's a 50:50 between right and left eyes now..

left handed for everything

right eye for DSLR

now i wonder....what will happen if i go to the army.... wont the rifle be sorta slanted since i shoot with my left hand while my sights are to my right eye?

hmmmm interesting topic, i also have a more serious case of myopia on my right eye compared to my left 300:100

weird!:D

my ex unit S4 shoots with both eyes open leh .. marksman somemore..

read somewhere that its better to take pictures with both eyes open, one thru the vf, the other looking at the subject and surrounding .. but i think it's going to be distracting

This technique is very useful if you use long telephoto lens. I shoot with 2 eyes open, right on viewfinder and left to see where my subject is.

I shoot with my left eye coz i can't close my left eye properly to use the right as the master eye (though i use that when shooting the rifle coz i am right handed).

for fellow left-eyed shooters, check out this really useful tip by the world-famous joe mcnally by clicking here.

I am a right hander but left master eye. Was not happy with nose hitting the LCD but guess no choice. Glad to know so many lefties here too.

mainly on my master eye(right) sometime use 2 eye... (when i use live view LCD)

Status
Not open for further replies.