Do you shoot with your left or right eye?

How do you shoot?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

As for me im a right hander, left master eye cause my right eye is long sighted. (i don't wear glasses or contact)
Quite comfortable as my cheek/nose resting against thumb/palm area space away from LCD which reduce stain...ha ha!
As my right eye is block by my right hand, i don' have to close my right eye straining it which shake the cam. breathing is not obstructed, thank God!! :)

I was right eyed until end of 2008 when I had some problem with the right eye for a few months and started to shoot with the left. Now it's second nature. When I pick up the camera it always goes to the left.

i have been very reliant on my right eye.. to the extend i can feel strain if i use computer/gaming/shooting for too long...

in the army, I aimed with my right eye.

during labs, I looked through the microscope with my right eye *monocule version*

looking through periscopes/telescopes, I use my right eye *monocule version*

but I aim through my dSLR with my left eye *shrugs*

Me too. I don't know why !!!

I've a right master eye, but I shoot with my left.

Don't know why, but it seems natural to me especially when my left hand is in front holding the lens :)

Right eye to shoot photo

Right leg to kick soccer

But .. left hand to shoot and write

I've a right master eye, but I shoot with my left.

Don't know why, but it seems natural to me especially when my left hand is in front holding the lens :)

Me too. I don't know why !!!

Hehe, thats right, didn't occur to me until I went back for range and had a hard time adjusting my right eye for aiming.

I'm a natural left-hander but got it corrected to right when I was a toddler. However it still feels as if my left hand is stronger than my right hand. My master eye is my left eye, and it is less myopic / astigmatic than my right eye.

In the army I shot my M16 with my right hand / right eye, mainly because I had my doubts if my left hand would feel 'natural' as the trigger hand. Also the deflector that they used for left-handers looked rather dubious. =) I heard that they've corrected that and made the SAR-21 ambidextrous (although I've also heard ominously that the armour plating to protect the shooter in a chamber explosion is meant to protect right-handers only - not sure if it's true or not). Still I've never managed to get anything better than a pass during my ranges because everything looks blurred with my right eye (especially the night shoots).

As for shooting a camera, I've come to a happy compromise of using right-hand (not much choice in there) and left-eye.

Last edited:
i am using my left eye. i would then need not have to squint my right eye as the sight of view is somewhat blocked by the camera body (in a way the brain has been accustomed to ignore what the right eye sees, which helped a bit along the way)

Bump to keep this old thread alive.

I'm a natural left-hander but got it corrected to right when I was a toddler. However it still feels as if my left hand is stronger than my right hand. My master eye is my left eye, and it is less myopic / astigmatic than my right eye.

In the army I shot my M16 with my right hand / right eye, mainly because I had my doubts if my left hand would feel 'natural' as the trigger hand. Also the deflector that they used for left-handers looked rather dubious. =) I heard that they've corrected that and made the SAR-21 ambidextrous (although I've also heard ominously that the armour plating to protect the shooter in a chamber explosion is meant to protect right-handers only - not sure if it's true or not). Still I've never managed to get anything better than a pass during my ranges because everything looks blurred with my right eye (especially the night shoots).

As for shooting a camera, I've come to a happy compromise of using right-hand (not much choice in there) and left-eye.

Is it possible to shoot with right-hand and left eye? like uncomfortable nevermind? Sorry, going army soon and my right eye is slightly myopic(like 50-75 degree) while my left is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.