Do you shoot with your left or right eye?

How do you shoot?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
my ex unit S4 shoots with both eyes open leh .. marksman somemore..

read somewhere that its better to take pictures with both eyes open, one thru the vf, the other looking at the subject and surrounding .. but i think it's going to be distracting

I shoot with my 3rd eye :bsmilie:
Nah I shoot with whichever eye that's most convenient for that angle I guess.

neither.

i shoot with my camera.:bsmilie:

left eye right hander, as i cannot open right eye and close left eye... frankly speaking this bothered me when i was starting dslr. seeing the # of left eye-r more than right eye-r is a comfort to me haha...

with the "live" LCD getting more common on SLR, this may not be a concern anymore.

erm, but looking thru the vf is still faster and better imo. although i do use the live view on my 40D in some situations, but most of the time its still thru the vf.

First, I am right hander, I shoot with my right eye for both camera and riffle.

After reading through all the messages, I think the poll will be more interesting:

1. Left hander, shoot with left eye
2. Left hander, shoot with right eye
3. Right hander, shoot with right eye
4. Right hander, shoot with left eye
5. Shoot with both eyes open
6. Close the eye and anyhow shoot.:bsmilie:

This is a great POLL!

Me - Right hander, Rifle with right hand, aim with right eye.
Gimme a pistol, and hold it in my left, aim with my left eye.

Gimme my DSLR, i aim with my left.
I feel hopeless using my right.....

WHAT AM I!!!!

Wow.. So many people who use their left eye!! Cool!!

Offtopic I know, but how do you left-eye guys hold your rifles in NS? Like the stock on your chest? A bit pain arr..

Right eye... master eye and also another reason for it. I can look out with my left eye and see the "bigger picture".

Of course your RF fans won't have that much of a problem :bsmilie:

Wow.. So many people who use their left eye!! Cool!!

Offtopic I know, but how do you left-eye guys hold your rifles in NS? Like the stock on your chest? A bit pain arr..

No... you hold it in your left hand... butt plate in your left shoulder.

The M16s require a deflector to prevent the spent cartridge cases from ejecting into your face (hot!).

The SAR21 have a little deflector built-in already.

my ex unit S4 shoots with both eyes open leh .. marksman somemore..

read somewhere that its better to take pictures with both eyes open, one thru the vf, the other looking at the subject and surrounding .. but i think it's going to be distracting

That is actually the correct way to shoot. Both eyes open. Only closing the non-master eye just before squeezing the trigger.

actually, im using my right eye and my nose also touches the LCD screen.. :dunno:

Well, not that bad as compared to using the left eye.

back to my original post of which I said I aim through the dSLR viewfinder with my left eye...

both my eyes are actually open, regardless of whether I'm shooting it horizontally or vertically.

i heard that there is technology using eye to focus..can someone explain more :think:

erm. that's off topic.
but not use eye toe focus, but use eye to select the AF point.

actually, that's your right eye.

come on, the face is facing you. so the eye on the right side of the face is actually the left eye ;)

I usually shoot with left eye even tho i'm right handed and right eyed. find it less straining as i do not have to close the other eye

however i can switch to right eye when situation requires. for example in low light or in high zoom before camera focuses, if u look through vf just dunno what u aiming at. so other eye can be open to check if aim is correct. much like a spotting scope on a large telescope ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.