do you get a UV filter for protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone used a "Marumi" brand filter. I recently bought a 67mm Marumi Pro HMC multicoated Lens Protector. From what i percieve, its quality is good. you can see that there are no reflections when u analyze it in hand. I got it in a sale price at CP.

Anyone has any idea about this brand?

has anyone used a "Marumi" brand filter. I recently bought a 67mm Marumi Pro HMC multicoated Lens Protector. From what i percieve, its quality is good. you can see that there are no reflections when u analyze it in hand. I got it in a sale price at CP.

Anyone has any idea about this brand?

Many people try to market expensive filters that way, but I don't know the rationale behind it, hehe...

By comparing a good filter vs non-filter used... sometimes I just wonder can those who claim any filter will degrade picture quality tells how much degradation they will experience by looking at 2 photos taken with/without filter.

Of course, we all know (by physics) that any extra glass will introduce degradation, but I just don't know how good filter can degrade a picture until one can tell the difference.

But at least I know any unwanted stains or dirts landing on my filter is way better than landing on my front element.

Many people try to market expensive filters that way, but I don't know the rationale behind it, ....
But at least I know any unwanted stains or dirts landing on my filter is way better than landing on my front element.

well the rationale is that If its a multicoated filter, it will cut down on reflection off the surface. Means 1)More light entering lens 2) Less refractions because of less reflection in between the layers of the filter 3) Reduced flares and ghosts

All these lead to better image, :) ie better than a "cheapo" filter - like the one you get in for free.

Errr.... I'm very sotong on these lens. May I knw wht's the price range for the better ones? Thanks.

Errr.... I'm very sotong on these lens. May I knw wht's the price range for the better ones? Thanks.

Go to the Mass Order section... take your pick on the better brands (B+W, Hoya... etc). Check the size you need.... seach for thread on which brand is better before asking.

Then order from the ClubSNAP-er that you trust.... So far, all three is recommended. :thumbsup:

If not.... pay more at Shops like MS Colors or CP for the same item.

For me, I will bring a filter pouch out with me. If I am shooting in the rain or with spraying water or at the beach, i will have the filter and hood on.

If normal shooting, i will remove my filter but with lens hood on.

Status
Not open for further replies.