Do you believe 95% on surveys feel proud be a singaporean??

Status
Not open for further replies.
night86mare, just curious only, you are born in 1986?

Last edited:
you are born in 2100 and you have come from the future? :bsmilie:

No, not sure if you believe, I used that nick coz of Sanyo 2100 mAH batteries. Serious. I'm about 10 years older than ya.

I think most are proud to be sinaporean but not satisfy being one.

remember when you were in school and you were forced to do certain things?
which idiot student will actually fill up a survey negatively when he has to hand it in to his form teacher?

When I was in school, I was taught to be proud to be Singaporean. Today, I am at best GLAD to be Singaporean. PROUD will be too strong.

btw, many North Koreans are proud to be North Koreans. They believe that North Korea is the centre of the world and it is the best country in thw world. Go figure.

Lucky to be living in SG for the matter wise, i can still walk around safely in the middle of the nite looking for supper and nite snack. Proud being a Singaporean, thats a bit hard to say depend on the angle im looking at. Certain policy might not be the best of our interest but at least not the worst the govt can throw at us. If pround can be measure, i dont think that survay really show the truth result. If you want to meantion about protecting Singapore, lets not shoot the answers fast as we still havnt encounter war, when time comes we will see how many ppl really stand up for the cause.

remember when you were in school and you were forced to do certain things?
which idiot student will actually fill up a survey negatively when he has to hand it in to his form teacher?

I absolutely agreed. :thumbsup:

Another propaganda.

I was expecting this report from the Straits Times.

If you guys have not realized, whenever there are negative comments made in the media, either the Prime Minister or some minister will appear a few days later to give you figures and data to refute that negativity.

There are many examples.

A very good one is the never-ending sky high prices of HDB flats. When there is a report that many are worried or frustrated about very expensive HDB flats, Mah Bow Tan will always appear in the media, a tad irritated, saying: "Why people always say HDB flats expensive? Let me pull out the statistics to show you otherwise..." And then what comes out is a list of unquestioned numbers and figures that to me, look necessary for further serious justification. We know the truth about the high prices of flats here. No arguments needed.

As for this "Are you proud to be Singaporean"... it's quite clear the purpose is to ease the tension after the undergrad questioned he was uncertain what he was defending for in Singapore.

The strange thing is, every time there are such statistics published, most will feel weird. Which is why TS posted it here anyway, cos clearly, there's a doubt floating in the air.

How come the stats don't tally with the general sentiments of our everyday talk with our fellow people? Or is the survey very biased? Participants saying they are proud or happy to be S'porean, cos of fear of the authorities questioning them?

In any case, there are many who are not happy with Singapore and have long left the country. These people were obviously not part of the survey.

Once my daughter (P2) asked me what does SG President do and why he makes so much money?
I paused..................... for a "parent to child" answer :sweat:

Lucky to be living in SG for the matter wise, i can still walk around safely in the middle of the nite looking for supper and nite snack. Proud being a Singaporean, thats a bit hard to say depend on the angle im looking at. Certain policy might not be the best of our interest but at least not the worst the govt can throw at us. If pround can be measure, i dont think that survay really show the truth result. If you want to meantion about protecting Singapore, lets not shoot the answers fast as we still havnt encounter war, when time comes we will see how many ppl really stand up for the cause.

The only negative fact I have for Singapore is that things are expensive and prices go up but not down... Other than that, I am quite happy to be a singaporean, to be here and I am willing to defend it in times of turmoil...

Another propaganda.

I was expecting this report from the Straits Times.

If you guys have not realized, whenever there are negative comments made in the media, either the Prime Minister or some minister will appear a few days later to give you figures and data to refute that negativity.

There are many examples.

A very good one is the never-ending sky high prices of HDB flats. When there is a report that many are worried or frustrated about very expensive HDB flats, Mah Bow Tan will always appear in the media, a tad irritated, saying: "Why people always say HDB flats expensive? Let me pull out the statistics to show you otherwise..." And then what comes out is a list of unquestioned numbers and figures that to me, look necessary for further serious justification. We know the truth about the high prices of flats here. No arguments needed.

As for this "Are you proud to be Singaporean"... it's quite clear the purpose is to ease the tension after the undergrad questioned he was uncertain what he was defending for in Singapore.

The strange thing is, every time there are such statistics published, most will feel weird. Which is why TS posted it here anyway, cos clearly, there's a doubt floating in the air.

How come the stats don't tally with the general sentiments of our everyday talk with our fellow people? Or is the survey very biased? Participants saying they are proud or happy to be S'porean, cos of fear of the authorities questioning them?

In any case, there are many who are not happy with Singapore and have long left the country. These people were obviously not part of the survey.

Agree :thumbsup:

I have met many foreigners who also have many negative comments about SG.
The only thing they like about SG is that they have a higher pay than most Sinkaporean.

attacking the country and attacking the ruling party are 2 very different things

I AM proud to be a Singaporean and i really hope most of you guys do too.....

BUT

I am not happy with a 1-party government and how decisions are made

lets not confuse these 2 things guys.....

ok i have said too much for a mod......

so yes, I love my country and I am proud to be a Singaporean ...... which is very different from 'I love how the ruling party is running the country' ...............

Last edited:
attacking the country and attacking the ruling party are 2 very different things

I AM proud to be a Singaporean and i really hope most of you guys do too.....

BUT

I am not happy with a 1-party government and how decisions are made

lets not confuse these 2 things guys.....

ok i have said too much for a mod......

so yes, I love my country and I am proud to be a Singaporean ...... which is very different from 'I love how the ruling party is running the country' ...............

The thing is here... the party IS the country and the country IS the party. Love your country means love the party and love the party means you love the country. Haven't we been educated how the "alternative" parties are "trouble makers" that need to be "fixed"

Just look at NDP where every year a certain lighting bolt flag is proudly paraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.