Do i need a dry cabinet for norm P&S + Bridge cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOKARA

Dec 16, 2007
Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks for reading :)

a dry cabinet is used to keep things dry, you can put anything you want kept dry inside.
fungus can grow on lenses if kept in a humid place, so if your storage space is humid then i'd say why not
go ahead and put your camera inside.

VHS, DV tapes as well, in face anything that you do not want fungus to grow.

other than my camera i keep microphones and important documents in there too :D
( don wan the paper to turn yellow lol ... donno if it slows it down but jsut put it in there lOl)

Hi guys,

Do i need to take the batt out when storing them? Am afraid the stored data might get lost when the batt is taken out for a long period of time.

Hi guys,

Do i need to take the batt out when storing them? Am afraid the stored data might get lost when the batt is taken out for a long period of time.

it is always a good idea to remove the batteries if you intend to store for a long time,
not only for cameras but anything

the stored data is in a memory card?
the data will not be lost if it is in a memory card.
to be safe why don't you just copy them to your computer?

it is always a good idea to remove the batteries if you intend to store for a long time,
not only for cameras but anything

the stored data is in a memory card?
the data will not be lost if it is in a memory card.
to be safe why don't you just copy them to your computer?

think he meant the data settings of the camera, like date and time.

it depends. but since you will not be using for long, can always spend another 1 minute to set the time and date back.

think he meant the data settings of the camera, like date and time.

it depends. but since you will not be using for long, can always spend another 1 minute to set the time and date back.

yup thats wat i meant. thx all!

And also i notice that abit of silicon gel is good enuff to attain the dryness at 45% - 55%...dammit me buy so many...dunno what to do with them haha

Status
Not open for further replies.