DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolx.. well.. its always be safe to upgrade to another certificate than stuck at the same one this life time. As much as i dun like the idea to go up further, i still end up studying degree due to the fact tt in SG, certificate is still important for your salary to go up.

Creative Boss is only Secondary Certificate.. all these depend on luck. Some ppl are lucky in life some are not.. oh well..:dunno:
I think it's not only luck.
He had a great passion for a new technology and he had the skills and knowledge (though not from academia) to make it happen :)

but going after qualifications is the 'safe' way about it I guess...

you mean mr Sim? he is diploma grad lah

dont worry u wont be missed.... again.. wakakkaakkaka...

ya timing sucks..... hahahahaha:bsmilie:

Bro i feel like :hammer::hammer: upside down.. lolx..

no choice haf to upgrade or else salary getting stuck like nobody business.. haiz..

Then we put it to Thursday lor.

So I presume

1) OGL
2) ZCA
3)

I think it's not only luck.
He had a great passion for a new technology and he had the skills and knowledge (though not from academia) to make it happen :)

but going after qualifications is the 'safe' way about it I guess...

maybe ba.. luck still play a part in making miracle other than hardwork, passion, experience and knowledge..

i guess its still safer to study higher in Singapore

maybe ba.. luck still play a part in making miracle other than hardwork, passion, experience and knowledge..

i guess its still safer to study higher in Singapore

I dun think it's luck with Creative's boss... he saw an opportunity and took it by storm... I'm talking about the hey days... him releasing a slew of Sound Blasters that the world's PCs hungered for...

I dun think it's luck with Creative's boss... he saw an opportunity and took it by storm... I'm talking about the hey days... him releasing a slew of Sound Blasters that the world's PCs hungered for...

well.. maybe.. i'm nt too sure abt tt.. only the Creative boss himself knows the truth.. :angel:

well.. maybe.. i'm nt too sure abt tt.. only the Creative boss himself knows the truth.. :angel:

Well... I was there back in the late 80s... studying Computers... We knew about the Sound Blasters (when he first started with it with a small setup) and didn't think too highly of it (well, you know how it goes about locals seeing no up about locally produced brands)... a few years later when I was abroad continuing with my computer studies... SBs were are great hit there - great number of US PC brands were installed with it... When you're a big hit in the US back in those days... you're made!

Lucky? Luck alone will not be enough...unless you are well armed with the knowledge (electronics in this case) and the guts to pull it through, together with the right opportunity and timing (when no one ever give a damn about giving the PC some serious music)...

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

Well... I was there back in the late 80s... studying Computers... We knew about the Sound Blasters (when he first started with it with a small setup) and didn't think too highly of it (well, you know how it goes about locals seeing no up about locally produced brands)... a few years later when I was abroad continuing with my computer studies... SBs were are great hit there - great number of US PC brands were installed with it... When you're a big hit in the US back in those days... you're made!

Lucky? Luck alone will not be enough...unless you are well armed with the knowledge (electronics in this case) and the guts to pull it through, together with the right opportunity and timing (when no one ever give a damn about giving the PC some serious music)...
Yo Kriegs, Happy Lunar New Year..

Just to add on, technically, his first product is not a HIT :) .. they started off by selling a PC, the "cubic" or something like that.. I think one of them has interest in music and feel that their system can have some nice audio (not just providinf some noise through the PC speaker)... and they were smart enough to do this as an additional card that can be sold/used in any PC... and as they said, the rest is history :)

Just to add on, technically, his first product is not a HIT :) .. they started off by selling a PC, the "cubic" or something like that.. I think one of them has interest in music and feel that their system can have some nice audio (not just providinf some noise through the PC speaker)... and they were smart enough to do this as an additional card that can be sold/used in any PC... and as they said, the rest is history :)

Thanks for setting the history record straight. Happy hoppidy New Year to you too! :)

Thanks for setting the history record straight. Happy hoppidy New Year to you too! :)
not sure if history record is correct.. but at least that is what I remembered...

me started with Radioshack TRS models either 32kBytes or 64KBytes RAM.. I even designed an (animated) graphic User Interface using extended ASCII characters (character 176 onwards) and lots of for-next loops.. LOL.. and i also did follow development over the early years... include using Netscape 0.92 (Netscape 0.96) in the early years.. NO WONDER TWO SALESPERSON called me UNCLE today :( moody..

[Edit: I used NCSA Mosaic before Netscape.. oh old.. even older :( ]

Last edited:

not sure if history record is correct.. but at least that is what I remembered...

me started with Radioshack TRS models either 32kBytes or 64KBytes RAM.. I even designed an (animated) graphic User Interface using extended ASCII characters (character 176 onwards) and lots of for-next loops.. LOL.. and i also did follow development over the early years... include using Netscape 0.92 (Netscape 0.96) in the early years.. NO WONDER TWO SALESPERSON called me UNCLE today :( moody..

[Edit: I used NCSA Mosaic before Netscape.. oh old.. even older :( ]

oh.. bt sad they are losing market nowadays from what I know.. Losing out in the US market is one thing.. locally they are also losing despite the fact they still have people supporting them.

wahooo.. Clemc u r in the hardware industry or pure programming for those chip?

oh.. bt sad they are losing market nowadays from what I know.. Losing out in the US market is one thing.. locally they are also losing despite the fact they still have people supporting them.

wahooo.. Clemc u r in the hardware industry or pure programming for those chip?
skylover.. tired both.. as they said.. jack of all trades, master of none :( .. LOL

Yeah, I'm sorta jack of all trade now... Designer/Illustrator, Researcher, Business Manager, Hardware technician, Account, and Delivery boy... :sweat:
hehehehe then you don't have to pay anyone to do all those, and keep the profits all for yourself! ;)

Yeah, I'm sorta jack of all trade now... Designer/Illustrator, Researcher, Business Manager, Hardware technician, Account, and Delivery boy... :sweat:

y sweat? gd ma.. its gd to noe a lot of things here n there.. at least when sth is to happen or needed at least you have some idea of how, where, when to get it done.. :lovegrin:

ZCA & skylover... happy lunar new year.. huat ah!!.. LOL

HUAT AH!

firecrackerXnew.gif

http://www.stress-counselling.co.uk/IMAGES/firecrackerXnew.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.