DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say ClemC, have you tested your "raincoat" for the lens yet? There is a possibility that I might head out to Sepang this month... :) Have to be prepared by then....

kriegsketten said:
Say ClemC, have you tested your "raincoat" for the lens yet? There is a possibility that I might head out to Sepang this month... :) Have to be prepared by then....

You can field-test it ;)

You can field-test it ;)
Yo Kriegs - NO - (not tested the raincoat) :confused::confused: .. always in my camera bag... but I have not been out when it is raining and not caught in the rain yet...

Yes.. PLEASE do the field-test if you dont mind and want to.. Let me know...

Yo Kriegs - NO - (not tested the raincoat) :confused::confused: .. always in my camera bag... but I have not been out when it is raining and not caught in the rain yet...

Yes.. PLEASE do the field-test if you dont mind and want to.. Let me know...
Next outing, you set up your raincoat for yourself and your camera... I standby one bucket specially modded with 10 small holes below, to "create some rain" :angel:

Next outing, you set up your raincoat for yourself and your camera... I standby one bucket specially modded with 10 small holes below, to "create some rain" :angel:
Thanks Bro.. must do a proper FULL stress-test.. bring bucket and pour whole bucket over la... I will setup the raincoat with tripod and without camera

Ah heck lah... :bsmilie: I think I'll just go Hydrophobia lah... :sweat: I'm familiar with the materials they are using (should last very long)... Thanks ClemC anyways!

Ah heck lah... :bsmilie: I think I'll just go Hydrophobia lah... :sweat: I'm familiar with the materials they are using (should last very long)... Thanks ClemC anyways!
you dont want to try first...
o rmaybe I should look at Hydrophobia as well.. LOL

you dont want to try first...
o rmaybe I should look at Hydrophobia as well.. LOL

I'm worried that the time is pretty tight for a comprehensive testing... not much time to go out and shoot also... :) And if shooting, I'll be using actual equipment.

I'm worried that the time is pretty tight for a comprehensive testing... not much time to go out and shoot also... :) And if shooting, I'll be using actual equipment.
Bro.. I got two, the expensive one looks much much better.. quite sure can handle reasonable rain.. you can give it a try.. do a bucket of water test :) .. get it from me?.. tmr sunrise?.. hehehee

BUT u might prefer to go ahead with the trusted one..

please.. the choice is all yours.. :)

Last edited:
Bro.. I got two, the expensive one looks much much better.. quite sure can handle reasonable rain.. you can give it a try.. do a bucket of water test :) .. get it from me?.. tmr sunrise?.. hehehee

BUT u might prefer to go ahead with the trusted one..

please.. the choice is all yours.. :)

There is a shoot tomorrow?? I'm afraid I can't make it...

kriegs, we discuss the (possible) Sepang trip here, so as not to hijack that discussion thread which seems to me more focused on a bus journey.
Not sure which area you are planning to sit. Don't really wanna spend so much on grandstand seats, but seems the view of the track is much better from there? For me it's just to watch the race and listen to the screaming engines. Probably won't bring camera even :) So our priorities obviously different for this race. Let me know what your plan is.

kriegs, we discuss the (possible) Sepang trip here, so as not to hijack that discussion thread which seems to me more focused on a bus journey.
Not sure which area you are planning to sit. Don't really wanna spend so much on grandstand seats, but seems the view of the track is much better from there? For me it's just to watch the race and listen to the screaming engines. Probably won't bring camera even :) So our priorities obviously different for this race. Let me know what your plan is.

Okay! I thought of joining you guys later today so that we might have the opportunity to discuss further...but last minute event turned up... Kid's track-n-field schedule messed up... Originally it was Thursday, just discovered that there's a typo error - (date is correct, but wrong day was used), so later I'm going to have to bring down his PE T-shirt...and bamboo is once again required...

Okay! I thought of joining you guys later today so that we might have the opportunity to discuss further...but last minute event turned up... Kid's track-n-field schedule messed up... Originally it was Thursday, just discovered that there's a typo error - (date is correct, but wrong day was used), so later I'm going to have to bring down his PE T-shirt...and bamboo is once again required...
wah power :thumbsup:
what event?

wah power :thumbsup:
what event?

Long jump practise rounds... While it isn't the main event, still feel nicer if one can go and give support... (better do it when you're still allowed to... lol!) Definitely will require the TCIII if I want to stay "ninja"...

Last edited:
Long jump practise rounds... While it isn't the main event, still feel nicer if one can go and give support... (better do it when you're still allowed to... lol!) Definitely will require the TCIII if I want to stay "ninja"...
use UWA and place it just beside the long jump pit, aiming upwards.... wah... catch your kid in flight.... POWER! :thumbsup:

use UWA and place it just beside the long jump pit, aiming upwards.... wah... catch your kid in flight.... POWER! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice, but I don't want to be that close... it will be too unbearable for him (unnecessary attention)...being the only parent with cam at a non-actual event... Actual day I will consider that provided we're allowed to be that close (non-official photog).. :)

Thanks for the advice, but I don't want to be that close... it will be too unbearable for him (unnecessary attention)...being the only parent with cam at a non-actual event... Actual day I will consider that provided we're allowed to be that close (non-official photog).. :)
I wonder what kind of remote triggers those pro football photogs use, for those cameras which they place behind or near the goalmouth. I know they can trigger remotely without even being near...

more BBB for you! :devil:

with so many unpredictable things that will be going on, it will be tough to get really prepared. You might want to practice a few shots with other kids (unobtrusively of course) to get prepare for yours. ;)

I wonder what kind of remote triggers those pro football photogs use, for those cameras which they place behind or near the goalmouth. I know they can trigger remotely without even being near...

more BBB for you! :devil:

one way is too put it to time lapse mode, one shot every 5 second or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.