Disturbing Thing To Announce (animal cruelty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the concern friends and bros...

It appears that only one of her hind leg has been broken in three parts in an open fracture. She's undergoing an operation now to put her leg back together.

The rest of her limbs seemed fine, and she is now under observation for internal injuries.

She is not only conscious but alert when my parents are transferring her from SPCA to a Vet hospital.

If it's only her leg that was hurt, this would be nothing short of a miracle for Milky, especially having fallen 9 floors down.

Seems that the person who has found Milky has also made a police report. And because Milky was being taken to SPCA, a report there should have been made there as well. As to the exact details, I can only learn more about it when my parents reach home.

Boombox, I hope the plating goes well.

I know you didn't ask, but prolonged and absolute rest in a small, confined area is crucial for proper healing. Most dogs will whine and protest, and owners feel so 'poor thing' for them, but any movement is counter-productive. Please feel free to PM me if you need any help.

All the best for you and Milky!

The most important thing is the internal injuries and the fractured leg is secondary.

Hope that you dog will pull through.

Disturbing and sad :( What good did it do to the person to throw the poor dog? Sadistic creatures I say who will go on to become anti-social elements. Make sure he/she doesn't get away.:angry::angry:

Hope you and your doggie recover soon. :)

I'm really sad and shocked to hear of this... It' a strong dog... I hope she pulls thru all the way!

We Singaporeans can be weird sometimes. Despite how some say we are a clean, safe and green city, and foreigners giving inaccurate praises for how generally polite people are, we do hear morbid cases of torture to animals you can't imagine being done by a human being.

If there were no gun laws here, I think many would be murdered by the bullet. Just as I think if there were no elderly cleaners to clean up the mess after us, Singapore wouldn't be genuinely such a clean city after all.

About the animal cruelty, from a psychological perspective, I think it's something to do with venting our pent up stress and anger on something else. Psychoanalysis calls it "transferrence". In many cases, hapless animals are the needless victims of the human anger being transferred to them. They are something alive -- moving and breathing, similar to humans so the perpetrators of the sinister act of murdering them think they can "Get away" more easily than killing a fellow human being.

Maybe it's the many stifling rules we have here that make these animal murderers commit the act. Or maybe it's just a way of getting some perverse excitement at seeing a breathing thing being hurt terribly. Or it's a devilish way to release pressures and stress from living in a pressure cooker country. I don't know. But it's certainly sad. And scary.

This is so _&%#&W)#_@)_E)*

Justice must be brought upon the person! ;(

Really poor old dog!

Damn the idiot for doing that, such cruelty, don't see why anyone need to kill a small life. If adult or any person of sensible age, just make sure they get punished severely for such an act. I am just worried that he/she is an unknowing child. Not all children are taught well sometimes, and if true in this case, really bad luck for your poor dog. But the parents must be seriously reprimanded for such things to happen.

Anyway, I am truly surprised that milky can survive that. I thought only cats can have better chance to survive such long falls...

Most importantly, I wish there are no internal injuries. Fractures can be rectified most of the time, but internal injuries are so difficult to heal.

Important thing first : Hope your dog will have a full and speedy recovery, and sorry that you and your friends and family have to go through this ordeal.

What kind of lowlife scum would do something like this, I can't even imagine. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, seeing how people can abuse their domestic helpers, but still... *sigh*

Do keep us posted on the progress. And post a picture of the spunky gal when she's better. Take care.

Just as I think if there were no elderly cleaners to clean up the mess after us, Singapore wouldn't be genuinely such a clean city after all.

Totally off topic, but I agree completely, except for one point - many of the cleaners are foreign workers.

CWO is one part of Singapore law that I wholeheartedly endorse.

Damn the animal abuser! :angry:

Hope your dog pulls through.

damn, I cant imagine the retribution that I will have. I just wiped out a whole column of ants.

same over here...no choice, house too much ants liao.

besides no cockroach has ever walk away from me alive in my house before till yesterday...is it good karma to let one cockroach live and make many offsprings in my kitchen :think: ???

to TS, hope your dog can get back walking on her legs soon.

same over here...no choice, house too much ants liao.

besides no cockroach has ever walk away from me alive in my house before till yesterday...is it good karma to let one cockroach live and make many offsprings in my kitchen :think: ???

to TS, hope your dog can get back walking on her legs soon.

its bad karma to let one roach live.... let one survive and they repay you by bringing more friends and families to your house...and they never flush!

i do hope the doggie will be okay... :< the person who did it must be damn f**ked up in the head.... be prayin for you and ya doggie

What has the dog done to be thrown? Get that &$&$%%$#%#@ and make sure he/she gets it, low life scum. Hope the dog recovers fast. :angry:

I still remember some years ago during army. We found a puppy stray dog in camp and kept her, feeding her. Think after some time, we got found out and the officers insist that we let her go. Last thing we heard, some crazy guy from another company threw it down from the fourth floor. Sadly, she didnt survive the fall.

I really hope your dog gets well soon.

Then after that we can think of throwing the crazy guy down..... :angry:

bro.. its really sad to hear what happened.. especially when i hav 4 of the same breed as you do.. i feel for u.. all the best.. just be sure that justice is done..

For every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.' A skillful event is one that is not accompanied by craving, resistance or delusions; an unskillful event is one that is accompanied by any one of those things.

the law of karma

its bad karma to let one roach live.... let one survive and they repay you by bringing more friends and families to your house...and they never flush!

wa sian...by the time i went to pick up the spray can, the roach disappear already...recently my sis spotted one in the kitchen and that night i got a double kill....:devil:
the only period that they get to live is during the hungry ghost festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.