Did u notice that when u start to go into Photograhpy ....

i agree to all LOL but i have additional points

- starting to like manual lenses
- starting to go into film
- starting to get interested in dark room ( Self development)
- starting to spend more and more AND MORE MONEH!
- starting to get more EQs both digital and film :heart::heart:

This is especially true for me, I find myself very attracted to glass of yesteryears - exceptionally good built and optics! Oh and yes, B&W film! :thumbsup:

....your partners will start to complain that you spend more time with your camera rather than with them? :sweat::sweat:

I started off using film. Suddenly when I switch to digital, I discovered everybody uses PP. I was somewhat left behind. The only dinosaur who refuses to use PP. Hehe...today I use PP to cheat a bit so that my photos can match my "Ta Ker" here.

You will start to explore on photo editing Softwares as well?
No... Not happening to me as I am just a hobbist.

You will start to want more from the photo u had taken?
(Apart from the quality of the photo and also post processing too)
Yes... I had never satisfied with my pictures.

You will tense to edit photos that u taken - not a major edit but just enhance exposure, saturation etc + borders add your name etc?
No really a need at this moment. But if my exposure or white balance screw up, then I will do raw conversion.

You will start to have picky eyes too .... ????
Yes... I used to have problems with ISO100 pixel view with 40D. Now I started to complain on 5DII also as I found the old 1DsIII is better at pixel quality. It is very minor... but I can see it.

I started off using film. Suddenly when I switch to digital, I discovered everybody uses PP. I was somewhat left behind. The only dinosaur who refuses to use PP. Hehe...today I use PP to cheat a bit so that my photos can match my "Ta Ker" here.

:thumbsup:

Same for me. Post-process limited to minor changes eg. cropping and contrast/colour adjustment.

I radically altered a picture element once - to remove an ugly piece of raffia that was running down the middle of the frame and ruining the composition - but after doing it I felt very dirty :sweat:

Maybe people who started photography in the purely digital era don't have that feeling?

that you started to see your surroundings with an imaginary frame??:bsmilie:

*Normal syndrome..*

*Normal syndrome..*

Initially yes, it grew so bad that it feels pain to watch movies sometime when you mind is having problem with the movie and my imaginary 3 * 3 frame. But I am quite cured of the syndrome nowadays. It only appear once recently during lunch when I decided to move the dishes infront of me to fix the rule of third.:sweat:

Initially yes, it grew so bad that it feels pain to watch movies sometime when you mind is having problem with the movie and my imaginary 3 * 3 frame. But I am quite cured of the syndrome nowadays. It only appear once recently during lunch when I decided to move the dishes infront of me to fix the rule of third.:sweat:

you really kena virus..

I used to be very lazy to PP. Now I enjoy it as part of the process.

One day, I may even start using Photoshop :bsmilie:

This is especially true for me, I find myself very attracted to glass of yesteryears - exceptionally good built and optics! Oh and yes, B&W film! :thumbsup:

yes!!!!! the superb optics! gosh i love my 135mm =D

Definitely! even though i just started photography!

Wanting to learn how to PP my photos very badly!! lol

i went thru alot of softwares and didn't quite like what they offered until i realised i can actually use multiple software to edit one photo.

Nope, not for me :D

Learnt before I bought my first dslr that temptations are going to spring up left/right/centre, so threading very very carefully and everytime i feel like purchasing something, like the chinese saying - think thrice before acting. By then, the BBB long gone and i realise it's a 'good to have and not a must to have'. :sweat:

i'm still deciding on either a tamron 70-300mm or a sigma 70-300mm.. hahah....

*Normal syndrome..*

it happened to me. everything i see i would ask myself what type of composition would be the best for that given senario... :bsmilie:

I try to stay as true to photography as I can so I only use software to crop a little, adjust S curve a little, and tilt a little. I try not to change the composition or adjust the contrast till it looks completely different. I find that my joy is in using the camera to capture and not using the computer to edit.

Last edited:
its now becoming "stock or to PP" thread... :sweat:

for me, just go with the flow of technology... in the 1st place, you must have a good photo to PP any way...

I try to stay as true to photography as I can so I only use software to crop a little, adjust S curve a little, and tilt a little. I try not to change the composition or adjust the contrast till it looks completely different. I find that my joy is in using the camera to capture and not using the computer to edit.

Follow my style, 1 shot 1 kill:cool:

also you will find less time for your girlfriend/wife.

when you go on holidays, you will more time behind the view finder than to see the place itself.

you will start to hide photos that you think are bad and only post the good ones... more and more demending and you will start to buy new equipments and spend more :)

if u become selective and post only ur better shots it is already a big step forward.

actually by the time u get so critical about ur own works u probably find more enjoyment in shooting than spending more on equipments thinking it is the equipment's fault for bad photos.

ryan

My wife has commented (not complained yet!) that I now treat my camera better than treating her. When it rains, I quickly rush to protect my gear while leaving her subject to the elements :D

My wife has commented (not complained yet!) that I now treat my camera better than treating her. When it rains, I quickly rush to protect my gear while leaving her subject to the elements :D

:thumbsup: :bsmilie:
true spirit of "photography"

You just did the wrong measure for the problem....

You should ask your wife follow you and help out in protecting the gears. 2 hands are better than 1.

There was once during poly when I just brought a new "lens of the yesterday" and rush off for test. Throughout the whole freaking test, I can only think of how my new lens will perform...:embrass:

Very easy to start going into PP when tons of people are sharing so many beautiful pictures that have some form of post-processing done. But like some have mentioned, it's fine to touch up, but to drastically change the photo using PP, probably should better off working on photography technique. Sometimes I think I spend too much time reading and looking at photos as well as stuff relating to equipment as opposed to getting outside and taking photos. And because I keep reading about all those wonderful equipment that everyone's using, I feel tempted to invest in them. It's like a sinkhole haha.