Delhi to Ladakh rejoiced (H series)

DSC_2557gafjrs.jpg

limited landscape opportunities at spangmik facing pangong tso (lake). no reflections for us on that day but the sun is out, and light is harsh but not too bad. the landscape for me. well, landscape is for those lucky and for those who persevere, so i guess i have neither of the above, so that's why.

DSC_2557gafjr.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0257tandigafjrs.jpg

find it really difficult to shoot animals and think i lack the patience. most of the frames got the animal in the centre of the frame due to the pressure to get them in focus at close distance but they will just move away. one of the rare few shots that i got them into expected composition.

DSC_0257tandigafjr.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_3670gafjrs.jpg

Some bakery in Jama Masjid area. The bakers are indian but can't tell if they are muslim or hindu, but the lady buying the bread is tibetan.

DSC_3670gafjr.jpg

Last edited:

zoossh,
these two pictures seem to have some effect of GND, did you use GND or an intentional PP effect ? Thanks for sharing so many great pictures!

zoossh,
these two pictures seem to have some effect of GND, did you use GND or an intentional PP effect ? Thanks for sharing so many great pictures!

GND. but i will sometimes further control the vignette on post processing due to laziness with using only a two stop GND.

all this reminds me of my tibet trip.. but looks like Leh is much more beautiful ...

i'm sure tibet is just as beautiful, but it is just not the time for foreigners now, especially with our cameras.

DSC_9317gafjrs.jpg

a very simple morning view of the pre-sunrise old manali, taken from the top of the guesthouse called apple view.

DSC_9317gafjr.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_1843gafjrs.jpg

one of the many sheep shots. taken at magnetic hill. i was lucky to have this shot as this sheep got curious in me and came to "meh" me... as such i got a close-up shot. a few moments later before i know, i got it sniffing my back as i squat and fiddle with my camera. sorry, no food for him/her...

DSC_1843gafjr.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_9974gafjrs.jpg

our nicest driver, thakuk. apart from the curly hair, he has very gentle captivating eyes and makes very good portraits. ok, dun take me wrong, i'm very very very straight. and he's also got this very colorful scarf that really goes well with the high key effect.

DSC_9974gafjr.jpg

Last edited:
Many cute xiao "meh meh" there yah?
It made you feel...sheepish, didn't it?

DSC_1843gafjrs.jpg

one of the many sheep shots. taken at magnetic hill. i was lucky to have this shot as this sheep got curious in me and came to "meh" me... as such i got a close-up shot. a few moments later before i know, i got it sniffing my back as i squat and fiddle with my camera. sorry, no food for him/her...

Many cute xiao "meh meh" there yah?
It made you feel...sheepish, didn't it?

got meh? i thought someone called me the predator...

DSC_2537gafjrs.jpg

but anyway, another cute xiao meh meh who never smile... and is completely immune/indifferent to our approach...

DSC_2537gafjr.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0950gafjrs.jpg

it is always a difficult choice when it comes to travelling, when being hardcore in desire but not hardcore in diligence. it is of good lighting, but we are hungry and having dinner. feeling always guilty of not being out there, i frame a few pieces of cloud within an eye shaped frame.

if i didn't remember wrongly, this place should be called the tibetan kitchen, although the guy who served us (? young boss??) is a nepali. he speaks english with a very strong english accent, and i think he said he's got some really good friends who often visit the place, from i can't rem north or south london...

anyway, i kind of like the concept but the colors isn't really showing well. well, i guess it is a little too dark to be picky.

DSC_0950gafjr.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_1503lehshantigompagafjrs.jpg

Another shot of the white shanti gompa near leh

DSC_1503lehshantigompagafjr.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0653zingzingbagafjrs.jpg

one of the mountains at zingzingba, prior to baralacha pass between keylong to sarchu. funny thing is that using key words like zingzingba with india, only derive a single search item on google. http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=245270 it is so uncommonly known, asked about and wrote about online? well, i guess mine posted here may make it a second. but then subsequently i founded that another title zingzing bar... so maybe i'm wrong.. but bar...??? that sounds funny, maybe i should have a beer there to celebrate passing by zingzing bar.

DSC_0653zingzingbagafjr.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_2087gafjrs.jpg

nuns at Chulichan nunnery at rizong. sometimes the girls are sweet looking so it is easy to tell they are nuns, but then some of the boys also look very handsome but the features may not be very guyish (like little sun yao wei and lin zhi yin), so they may all look the same and gender may not be very easy to tell. vice versa, some of the girls can look like a monk too.

2655359502_6d3db0173d_o.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_2893gafjrs.jpg

not being a user of stitching, but i think being able to do a good job here may do the location a better justice. here is 1/3 of the view of leh from leh palace. well, it is clearcut that if u want to be garang, that is the kind of height to ascend by foot. so dun be stingy with $, get a transport up, unless you are used to trekking in high altitude. anyway i pick this patch becos there is a break of light casting on this area while the rest of the city is in shadow.

DSC_2893gafjr.jpg

Last edited:
very nice series..love it...:) hope to see more ..:)

that is for sure. i'm known to be a slow egg layer and post a thread for a long time. but do give me pointers over areas i'm deficient at and any c&c welcomed