Sarajevo to South Dalmatia rejoiced (H series)

It's been so long.

yah, after so long didn't shoot. start to lose interest in processing and posting pictures as well. i'm afraid i'm losing it.

_DSC3982aabfjos.jpg

girl as goalkeeper, skradin. this is one of my favorite, as i have very few portraits and events
shots this time around.

_DSC3982aabfjo.jpg

Last edited:
_DSC1647aabfjos.jpg

tower block at sunset, dubrovnik

_DSC1647aabfjo.jpg

Keep going. I know you got many more picts. At least until before your next trip.

I find having to pp each photo to be too tedious. Try Lightroom 3.2. You can do simple pp, watermark, upload to flickr all in one place. Sort of shorten the processing time and effort.

Last edited:
yah, after so long didn't shoot. start to lose interest in processing and posting pictures as well. i'm afraid i'm losing it.

Happens once in a while. Just need a rest. Someday, suddenly, you can feel it burning again. ;)

Keep going. I know you got many more picts. At least until before your next trip.

I find having to pp each photo to be too tedious. Try Lightroom 3.2. You can do simple pp, watermark, upload to flickr all in one place. Sort of shorten the processing time and effort.

i'm so used to elements 5.0 that even though i have 6.0, i still use 5.0. the same with my office, still using office 2003, when i had the latter version.

the pics are not so much of a chore and i dun intend to complete a certain number or a whole set. they are based on a mood basis. and each work are supposed to derive personal satisfaction (of cos if other ppl like it , i also feel proud and happy), and i wasn't too happy with some of the pieces posted earlier on, both in terms of the actual shot, the processing, or the way it follows the other pictures (they look better if they matches each other in sequence). and becos i haven't been travelling and therefore not shooting, kind of always looking at the same set of pictures. sort of lacking inspiration.

by the way, the ethiopian plan need to be pushed back. i may be on a week course to lisbon, and if nothing else fails, i may do a lone backpack shooting for another week in central to south portugal, not my top choice, but still probably the best choice to balance work and interest. it might end up a bit similar to this trip without much portraits, something that depresses me.

Happens once in a while. Just need a rest. Someday, suddenly, you can feel it burning again. ;)

i hope it will burn again on my next trip... still sometime to go... ;)

Last edited:
_DSC0982aabfjos.jpg

jonathan, the handsome owner of fresh sheets, at our accomodation at dubrovnik. he married
a beautiful croatian girl, who also runs the place, and live happily ever after. he treated us to
a local liquor on arrival.

_DSC0982aabfjo.jpg

i'm so used to elements 5.0 that even though i have 6.0, i still use 5.0. the same with my office, still using office 2003, when i had the latter version.

the pics are not so much of a chore and i dun intend to complete a certain number or a whole set. they are based on a mood basis. and each work are supposed to derive personal satisfaction (of cos if other ppl like it , i also feel proud and happy), and i wasn't too happy with some of the pieces posted earlier on, both in terms of the actual shot, the processing, or the way it follows the other pictures (they look better if they matches each other in sequence). and becos i haven't been travelling and therefore not shooting, kind of always looking at the same set of pictures. sort of lacking inspiration.

by the way, the ethiopian plan need to be pushed back. i may be on a week course to lisbon, and if nothing else fails, i may do a lone backpack shooting for another week in central to south portugal, not my top choice, but still probably the best choice to balance work and interest. it might end up a bit similar to this trip without much portraits, something that depresses me.

i hope it will burn again on my next trip... still sometime to go... ;)

seriously download LR3 for 30 days trial. IMO It's really much better.

What is better than a company paid trip. Anywhere will do :)

Can't believe you still remembered the guy at fresh sheets' name. It's been a long time.

Last edited:
seriously download LR3 for 30 days trial. IMO It's really much better.

What is better than a company paid trip. Anywhere will do :)

Can't believe you still remembered the guy at fresh sheets' name. It's been a long time.

no, much of the course are still self-paid i think, haven't sort out the details yet.

and yah, the lady boss is sanya. remember their names cos after the trip i sent photos to them.

_DSC3704aabfjos.jpg

the lighting is good, so i left it as it is, with the bottom in shade.

_DSC3704aabfjo.jpg

_DSC2857aabfjos.jpg

beach at lumbarda, of hvar island. composition a bit flat but just a record of the crystal clear water there.

_DSC2857aabfjo.jpg

Last edited:
_DSC5297aabfjos.jpg

at Počitelj, our bosnian guide who escape the brutality of the war by close shave, still feel absolutely
bitter about the happenings where the darkside of human nature turns really gruesome. that somehow
polarised the religious and political inclinations, and the day trip is separated into visits of key islamic
and defence locations which the guide feels a duty to do so, and the other half for the adrenaline
junkies who like to swim in waterfall and jump from heights to suit the tourist tastebud.

as quoted from wiki, "Dotted with several notable works of Ottoman architecture from the 16th and
17th centuries, this small village was extensively bombed by Croatian forces during the 1993 Bosnian
War. Following the bombing, Pocitelj's sixteenth-century master works of Islamic art and architecture
were dynamited and most of the town's Bosniak population was either killed or removed to
concentration camps in one of the war's most brutal instances of ethnic cleansing"

_DSC5297aabfjo-1.jpg

Last edited:
no, much of the course are still self-paid i think, haven't sort out the details yet.

and yah, the lady boss is sanya. remember their names cos after the trip i sent photos to them.

man..this thread keeps reminding me to PP my set...
btw,my gf is planning for Nice,France and 2 more places in the area in Oct.u 2 interested?

man..this thread keeps reminding me to PP my set...
btw,my gf is planning for Nice,France and 2 more places in the area in Oct.u 2 interested?

oct? u mean next year.
:) dun want to be electric bulb.

and if possible, i will skip europe as i want to cover other cultural regions.

Hi zoosh,

You've a very :thumbsup: series of photogs here. Very inspiring!

I subscript to your thread here. Please keep on shooting, and posting more to share your superb works :)

Cheers, and best of regards!

_DSC0827aabfjos.jpg

sunset at sarajevo. Avaz Twist Tower is the headquarters of the Sarajevo newspaper Dnevni
avaz. this is built after the wars, completed in 2009.

_DSC0827aabfjo.jpg

Please keep it going.

_DSC3533a1afjos.jpg

just a picture where i like the colors of this dust-laden cars so typical when we walk around
croatia. this is very different from sg where guys like their car spick and span, and will pay $
for that, or enjoy washing car themselves. i like this simple picture cos it has a bit more of
my signature style. i like matching colors in compliment with shallow field of view, and very
simple compositional forms. this is of cos, not a difficult thing to do, technically.

_DSC3533a1afjo.jpg

Last edited: