Darn! We bought F-15s for RSAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian said:
Just imagine the layers of rings on the onion, the core as the island of Singapore, each layer is "taken care" by each different layers of defensive weapons. The outer layer by F-15s due to long range capability, followed by F-16's / F-5's, then Ihawks, then Rapier, then RBS-70's, 35mm guns, finally shoulder fired missiles vice versa.

No more rapier liao right?going to phasing out

King Tiger said:
U mean proton torpedoes torpedoes from X wing fighter is it. :bsmilie:
proton torpedoes are from Startrek

centuryegg said:
Haha thats a good one.... we having nukes haha but seriously I think its fine to discuss general tactics and all for discussion but I agreed what we have seen or heard in NS and all should be kept to ourselves. For that I apologise first for my comments on the tanks.... :)
Yes. We are having nukes and we wun hesitate to detonate the store of nukes under us and kill every human being on earth if we are attacked. :)

Terence said:
What a load of crap.

Just stating the facts and am not saying it to scare anyone. Oh please Im not ISA....! Just giving a friendly advice to all. Perhaps in the past many things we did are taken for granted by even the authorities but post 911, everything is highly sensitive in case you have not noticed machine gun tottlering police troopers in the MRT.

Even the hobby of looking at airplanes with binoculars near the runways at airports have been curtailed by certain govts percieving it as an security threat. You CAN be charged with revealing official secrets for talking about your NS training and what operational areas, equipment etc etc..... As I said before and said again just that NO ONE HAS BOTHERED TO BE SO STRICT ABOUT IT AND DO IT YET

Thank you!

centuryegg said:
Just stating the facts and am not saying it to scare anyone. Oh please Im not ISA....! Just giving a friendly advice to all. Perhaps in the past many things we did are taken for granted by even the authorities but post 911, everything is highly sensitive in case you have not noticed machine gun tottlering police troopers in the MRT.

Even the hobby of looking at airplanes with binoculars near the runways at airports have been curtailed by certain govts percieving it as an security threat. You CAN be charged with revealing official secrets for talking about your NS training and what operational areas, equipment etc etc..... As I said before and said again just that NO ONE HAS BOTHERED TO BE SO STRICT ABOUT IT AND DO IT YET

Thank you!

Yet another load of crap...

centuryegg said:

If you've been following the posts, everything that is being discussed is readily available information circulating in the public domain. It's there if you know where to look. It's nothing classified, military buffs often discuss military acquisitions, there were even links provided to some other websites which discussed such topics in much greater detail. Should such folks be subject to a mass arrest?

Terence said:
If you've been following the posts, everything that is being discussed is readily available information circulating in the public domain. It's there if you know where to look. It's nothing classified, military buffs often discuss military acquisitions, there were even links provided to some other websites which discussed such topics in much greater detail. Should such folks be subject to a mass arrest?

And if you would read my post carefully. I am not trying to act smart alec... I am just offering some friendly advice. I didnt say that what is being discussed here is classified. It is what we have learnt during our NS, what we have seen and been taught. Those are considered restricted items which are not meant to be blabbered around. Of course we all do however during our catch up sessions with mates "Oh that time my ATAC, this and that happened hah..." But of course Mindef doesnt bother about it as long as we dont blabber some super senstive stuff out. Mate frankly I have nothing against you and openly in public, I just want to say we are all here to have a friendly discussion. And yes Im new here and you are a old bird. But really saying "what a load of crap" that's down right rude. I have been very diplomatic and trying to explain my point across and I really am quite tired of explaining to you something as simple as the above.

Anyway as respect for all and the thread starter.. this will be my last post on this topic before we start a bloody war here...

centuryegg & Terence.... relax.... ;p

ISD would be more concerned with terrorist acts right now. A lot of info is also public domain so do not worry about that. Of course restricted info should not be posted. I am quite sure Terrance is aware of it since he has been through NS and would have access to some form of restricted info. And of course, centuryegg is right to warn us of discussing restricted info accidently.

Its good to read so m uch post regarding the defence of our homeland.;)

So let's move on....

Continue discussing but don't get personal...;)

Size does matter.......F-15 is one of the largest fighter jet in the world, meant for air superiorty.

One of the best Interceptor A/Cs is also F15, with 4 such A/Cs abeam one another, can cover a range of 100nm abeam, that's a line of 185.2 km abeam. Singapore is about 70 km from east to west.

F15 is best known for it's beyond visual range attack, intruding A/Cs may not even know what hit them.

Avionics is one of the most important features in Fighter A/Cs today, not the air frame.
Typhoon too expensive, Rafael not war proven.
War is the best sales pitch for the U.S.:sticktong that's why.......

Only Japan have F15 in this region. We are next. :thumbsup:

Deep strike aircraft, meant for a much further combat radius than the usual bogeyman subject of kopitiam talk..

I am speculating.... maybe US needs a greater force projection in the region??
They can't do that with Taiwan anymore what with economic ties with China and all that....
;)

Besides, the region is fielding more SU-27/32 long range fighters...
;p

Zplus said:
I am speculating.... maybe US needs a greater force projection in the region??
They can't do that with Taiwan anymore what with economic ties with China and all that....
;)

Besides, the region is fielding more SU-27/32 long range fighters...
;p

comical_ali.jpg

Let me tell all of you again, we are not trying to take over the world.
We have no WMD. The USA is the one trying to take over the world!
"The pinky, the pinky and the brain
brain brain brain brain..."

AReality said:
comical_ali.jpg

:think: :think:

AReality said:
comical_ali.jpg

Man I love to watch him talk during the gulf war 2. There even a web site for him :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

They're Pinky and The Brain
Yes, Pinky and The Brain
One is a genius
The other's insane.
They're laboratory mice
Their genes have been spliced
They're dinky
They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain.

Before each night is done
Their plan will be unfurled
By the dawning of the sun
They'll take over the world.

They're Pinky and The Brain
Yes, Pinky and The Brain
Their twilight campaign
Is easy to explain.
To prove their mousey worth
They'll overthrow the Earth
They're dinky
They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain