Darn! We bought F-15s for RSAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zplus said:
Flight sims are hardly accurate. They're probably based on F-16A and F-15A flight characteristics.

F-16D wild weasel and F-15E strike eagles are all heavier because of conformal fuel tanks and added avionics. Thus, their dogfight capabilities are severly hampered.
:)

i dont reckon the 16D has conformal tanks... only the D+

Bernard Ong said:
Singapore should invest in AMRAAM missiles together with the F-15. It will just make our force stronger.

see the list posted ealier taken from defence news... the AIM 120s are certainly in the list. thats the whole point of the F15. its medium range capability...

showtime said:
all three aircraft were evaluated here in singapore by RSSF's flight test centre...

Indeed they were, a lot of the evaluation flights happened during Asian Aerospace last year.

Terence said:
Indeed they were, a lot of the evaluation flights happened during Asian Aerospace last year.

Here's a shot of it on approach to Paya Lebar. The backseater looks really relaxed. Anyone live in the Fort Road area?

wow where did you get this pic from?

centuryegg said:
SM1 tanks are retained for a reason. Heard during my NS sit down for kopi talk, that it was due to our projected operation area some where in the "north". Its small enough to manuver there.... if we get big MBTs like M1A1, they will be sitting ducks for a small two man team with anti tank missiles.

Actually tanks are very vulnerable to infantry weapons, they are good for terrains like desert, bush and open areas where infantry can't hide. For forests, urban areas..... one team firing down from a higher point is enough take out a platoon of tanks before they know what hit them.

Agreed. M1A1 is juz too big for our terriain. small country, small tank....

stephennguan said:
it's suppose to be classified.....:eek:
I think you guys can stop revealing whatever classified info you know from your NS stint or otherwise just to prove you know something. It does us no good. If we have it, then we have it; If not, then not.

You never know who reads this.

Terence said:
Here's a shot of it on approach to Paya Lebar. The backseater looks really relaxed. Anyone live in the Fort Road area?

me me... NEAR fort road.. :bsmilie:

yanyewkay said:
I think you guys can stop revealing whatever classified info you know from your NS stint or otherwise just to prove you know something. It does us no good. If we have it, then we have it; If not, then not.

:think: :think:

correct hor.. :sweat:

Found it floating around on the net. On quite a few different pages.

yanyewkay said:

Everything that is being discussed so far is information that can be readily found in the public domain. If you're a military buff, you'd know which sites, forums and publicly accessible databases to track such information.

I believe the F16s and newly purchased F15s will come with datalink capabilities. Meaning they will be able to cross take feed from either their wingman or AWACS. RSAF now just need to purchase the E3C sentry or the newer JSTARS to complete the package. Imagine the AWACS guiding the missles from the fighters w/o the fighters even having to light up their radar.

Terence said:
Everything that is being discussed so far is information that can be readily found in the public domain. If you're a military buff, you'd know which sites, forums and publicly accessible databases to track such information.
Yeah, other local military forum revealed more info. This is just PEANUTS compare with them:bsmilie:

evq said:
Yeah, other local military forum revealed more info. This is just PEANUTS compare with them:bsmilie:

Just because laymen think it is newly revealed info..doesn't mean it is.Us military buffs know where the info in the public domain is, just that they do not really publish it here.But it is in magazines and journals nonetheless.

Ever heard of SG planning to procure the Global Hawk?ABM systems?:bsmilie:

LazerLordz said:
Just because laymen think it is newly revealed info..doesn't mean it is.Us military buffs know where the info in the public domain is, just that they do not really publish it here.But it is in magazines and journals nonetheless.

Ever heard of SG planning to procure the Global Hawk?ABM systems?:bsmilie:
Yes, heard before.;)
Do u guys know RSAF starts facing out F-5 now? Probably u dun see F-5 end of next year.

Zplus said:
Its a F-15T version. Made just for Singapore.
F-15 Terrible....;p
F-15 Tan Dio!!!! :bsmilie:
:bsmilie:

T for Temasek lah! ;)

Sjourn said:
Correct me if I am wrong, US will never sell Tomcats to anyone. It's one of thier best craft...

I saw a few flying around SG b4, what a sight.

F-14 Tomcats are mobile fighters on a carrier. Think about maintaining an air-craft carrier?:eek:And more than 2 thousand people to feed.

JediForce4ever said:
F-14s are already being phased out in favour of the F/A-18E/F super hornet....sad to see the beauty go....
Is it? damn....

Status
Not open for further replies.