DA 35/2.4 - A Plastic Wonder! -- DAL35 vs FA35 vs DA35m vs A35 (many photos!)

I think after this round of pre-order exercise.

People will be more willing to gamble on the unknown price for future products as Emjay had shown that the price given is ultimately of more value than the street price! Thumbs up!

maybe the next logical step is for emjay to consider a "concept store" model like sony, which would makes sense for a brand like pentax with limited market penetration.

rather than let its products rot in the warehouse or in the bottom shelves of numerous dealers who couldn't care less, they should consider selling through 1 or 2 concept stores committed to the brand and stocks the full range of products.

ultimately, its all about dollars and cents. I hope that they find this worthwhile because it will mean better availability, visibility and more stable prices for customers.

do you guys put a lens hood on the DA35 2.4? if so, which works best for you?

There is a recommendation in the manual which comes with the lens

There is a recommendation in the manual which comes with the lens

thanks, just wondering. trying to get a white example from Japan as a friend is going over there...

Hi Newbie to DSLR

Went from Panasonic TZ27 to KR wif 18-55 kit lens last week.:)
My 1yo boy getting harder n harder to "shoot".
PnS cam.. 9 out of 10 was not usable... too slow (indoor)
KR.. 5/10 but i m still not getting it right ...

Will this lens be a good option?
Or I am just not using my kit lens right?

Hi Newbie to DSLR

you are being limited by the maximum aperture for the kit lens, i suspect.

are you shooting it at 18mm? that would be the "fastest" aperture, which is about f/3.5 if i'm not wrong.

also, what iso are you using?

Hi Newbie to DSLR

You need to get familiar with your camera.
Hope this will help ;)
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698116&highlight=take+baby

Thanks guys :)

night86mare
Hmm.. just checked, I have not been using 18mm all the time .. usual in the 30-35mm range.
ISO mostly 200

pinholecam
Yah... lotsa "homework" for this long weekend... practice suppose to make perfect right? ;p

Use the power of your K-r, bump up the ISO :)

For fast kids, you need to set your ISO higher and use a faster lens (f/2.8 or faster) if lighting indoor is not good. If its more important to capture the moment than having a great shot, use the built-in flash.:)

night86mare
Hmm.. just checked, I have not been using 18mm all the time .. usual in the 30-35mm range.
ISO mostly 200

pinholecam
Yah... lotsa "homework" for this long weekend... practice suppose to make perfect right? ;p

then max aperture will be smaller than f/3.5, probably f/4 to f/4.5 region

in such a case, the max aperture of f/2.4 might help some what, by about a stop.

alternatively, you can try 50mm f/1.8 or f/1.4.

night86mare
ISO mostly 200

pinholecam

Use have to determine if you are having focus issues or shutter speed issues. The latter you can bump up the ISO, use flash, shoot in better lighting and get a faster lens like the DA35/2.4.
The former will need some anticipation, dulling down of the action, prefocus. Setting the shutter to fire on shutter priority helps as well.

hi guys im using SMC M 50/1.7 now as my sole lens besides my k-x DAL bundle (not my favorite lenses)

wonder if i shld buy a da 35/2.4, the bokehs are amazing... and 35mm seems like a pretty good lens for street photog

hi guys im using SMC M 50/1.7 now as my sole lens besides my k-x DAL bundle (not my favorite lenses)

wonder if i shld buy a da 35/2.4, the bokehs are amazing... and 35mm seems like a pretty good lens for street photog

If you don't have one fast lens to cover this range yet, just go ahead and get one. You won't regret :)

the price of this lens has been changed in emjay website to $360 :bheart:

guess i won't play then :bsmilie:

$288 was the introductory price and it's over :confused:, current price is $299 :embrass:

oops, this is the right set of numbers, guess i'm $1 off.

sad, i was looking forward to using it to shoot cats next month... but must have discipline... :) so i guess, next time then. :bsmilie:

FWEI0201_s.jpg

FWEI0205_s.jpg

FWEI0197_s.jpg

FWEI0195_s.jpg

FWEI0212_s.jpg

I miss Pentax colors . . .

Time to get back into business, I hope to get K5 ASAP! ! !

FW, thanks for the "poison" post hehehe...

the price of this lens has been changed in emjay website to $360 :bheart:

guess i won't play then :bsmilie:

Me too :bheart:

A little bit sad. I thought this lens's supposed to be a cheap AF prime lens for Pentax. Canon, Nikon, Sony have cheap 50 1.8 AF lens below $200 :cry: