D90 users thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will assume you know the basic. Use the S mode instead of the A mode as your boy is running around. From what you say, I think it might be due to poor ligthing condition.

I suggest you increase you ISO value to compensate for that.

If you want more in depth detail do let me know.

yes pls ... how to compensate the ISO....

also notice A and S mode dont auto flash den how would i know if flash is needed...

the ISO was on max 3200

when u are using aperture, shutter mode, u basically have to judge on ur own whether do u need any flash, try shoot and understand more. :)

the ISO was on max 3200

I think you can increase the shutter speed higher and make sure your VR is switch on to reduce the motion blur. If the picture turn out to dark due to high shutter speed then you might want to consider activating the flash.

To adjust the ISO, hold down the ISO button and use the rear command dial to select an ISO value. View it using top LCD. You can also view from the main LCD by pressing the INFO button first.

Last edited:
Do u guys find the viewfinder a little bit dim? I find mine is a bit dim. I thought it was the uv filter causing it but even after removing it, I still find it dim. This is with the 18-105 kit lens.

Do u guys find the viewfinder a little bit dim? I find mine is a bit dim. I thought it was the uv filter causing it but even after removing it, I still find it dim. This is with the 18-105 kit lens.

I am using the same setup, I find it normal :)

I think you can increase the shutter speed higher and make sure your VR is switch on to reduce the motion blur. If the picture turn out to dark due to high shutter speed then you might want to consider activating the flash.

To adjust the ISO, hold down the ISO button and use the rear command dial to select an ISO value. View it using top LCD. You can also view from the main LCD by pressing the INFO button first.

could it be the VR not working..? that Y blur...with the lo Shutter Speed will the VR help to compensate?

could it be the VR not working..? that Y blur...with the lo Shutter Speed will the VR help to compensate?

Erm VR image stabilization only help slightly. I think you switch to S mode increase the shutter speed will help to reduce the blur.

Erm VR image stabilization only help slightly. I think you switch to S mode increase the shutter speed will help to reduce the blur.

ya men ... next time take my boy will use S Mode...

try taking a picture of a subject at night in your house under normal lighting with and without VR and you zoom in on the subject you will see the difference of VR...

Hi bros

I am a totally noob when it comes to photography, but love looking at nice pics, hence got myself a D90 to learn.

Recently, after a night shot, shutter got stuck and refuse to move. Attempt to take out batt and put back solve the prob.

Ever since, i realise, at times, the lcd will show f--. When that happens, i cant take any pics. After long while den can take.

what happen?
I going japan in 5 days time..

Kindly advise a nooob here.:sweat:

Hi bros

I am a totally noob when it comes to photography, but love looking at nice pics, hence got myself a D90 to learn.

Recently, after a night shot, shutter got stuck and refuse to move. Attempt to take out batt and put back solve the prob.

Ever since, i realise, at times, the lcd will show f--. When that happens, i cant take any pics. After long while den can take.

what happen?
I going japan in 5 days time..

Kindly advise a nooob here.:sweat:

Start a new thread in Nikon and post there you will get better response and replies. ANyway why wait until now then post looks like you have to go to the service centre immediately.

Start a new thread in Nikon and post there you will get better response and replies. ANyway why wait until now then post looks like you have to go to the service centre immediately.
I had the same probm too but now it's ok again! I suspect it's something to do with the lense contact with the camera. So your advice is to quickly go to NSC to find out?

bros, where is the servoce centre?

Go to the service check what's the problem. If your camera need to go in for repairs, tell them that you are traveling and if they can expedite the repair. If not maybe any interim measures like maybe the contacts are need to clear etc etc. They are nice ppl thre

Good luck

Are the shops selling D90 body only?

I want to buy D90 body with a Tamron AF 17-50mm f/2.8 and Nikkor AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED DX VR . Another alternative i am thinking is to buy the 18-105 kit and add another prime lense(50mm or 85mm?). I am new to DSLR, shoot a lot of portraits and landscape. How do friends here think these combinations? thanks!

Im newbie using D90 have a noob question here:

When i switch the metering to 'single point' focus and press shutter-release button halfway but i can't move the AF point using the multi selector. Is this can be done using D90 and how to achieve it?

Are the shops selling D90 body only?

I want to buy D90 body with a Tamron AF 17-50mm f/2.8 and Nikkor AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED DX VR . Another alternative i am thinking is to buy the 18-105 kit and add another prime lense(50mm or 85mm?). I am new to DSLR, shoot a lot of portraits and landscape. How do friends here think these combinations? thanks!
What I did was bought the D90 +kit, then went to buy a 50f1.4 for portrait and Tokina 12-24f4 for landscape. Very very happy with my loot:bsmilie:

You can then sell your 18-105mm if you want but I kept mine for general purpose photography. It's a very good lens.
Cheers;)

Status
Not open for further replies.