D90 User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know who has the cheapest price for Nikon D90 Body only?

2nd hand is the cheapest... i will recommend 2nd hand if u wanna buy the body only

Hi Catalo, the cheapest u can get shd be from DD Electronic. But, do know that its a grey (US) set with their in-house wrrty and xtra 30 days xchange. http://www.ddelectronics.com.sg/

You might wanna check out some shops at Funan or peninsula, some of them will offer a better price with warranty :)

Just call up or email for a quote.

Btw bros, is it recommended to use a 3rd party battery?
http://www.reddotphoto.com.sg/ecommerce/cat_viewproducts.php?catid=8.1

I don't. 3rd party batteries will work. Just that my experience with them is that they do not last as long, and do not work well in cold weather (sub zero).

Plus, original D90 battery is so cheap, you are only saving $15 and below when getting a 3rd party battery. And batteries last you a long time. So it is a one off purchase, I will rather get original.

Last edited:
u dealed before? is it trust worthy?

Hi I did bought a D90 body from DD ELectronic abt 1 yr ago. Set is new and made for US mkt actually. No prob with the cam, so didnt deal with any of the wrrty. The shop is a physical store located in boat quay area, so u can buy directly from them at the store. THe boss is an OZ and sounds like a Queenslander. U can google ard to see any comments or feedbacks abt this retailer.

Last edited:
That makes sense Bro :devil: :)

Sigh, till now i haven't gotten my warranty card from the shop i bought from. It's nice to have him to pass me the gift with purchase when i bought it but i've made two trips down and he said some items aren't claimed yet so he'll be holding my card? Although i can give him a little more time but my wasted trips are actually getting a little too irritating. ;(

That makes sense Bro :devil: :)

Sigh, till now i haven't gotten my warranty card from the shop i bought from. It's nice to have him to pass me the gift with purchase when i bought it but i've made two trips down and he said some items aren't claimed yet so he'll be holding my card? Although i can give him a little more time but my wasted trips are actually getting a little too irritating. ;(

What stupid excuse is that from the shop? Warranty card is yours and you should get it the day you buy the camera. Which shop did you buy it from? Beware... you might have just gotten yourself a grey set (aka no warranty).

Usual SOP is to check the warranty card serial number against the camera serial number BEFORE paying. If you did not, you might have gotten yourself a raw deal... Better chase it fast or threaten to return the camera.

It's better to check when buying bodies from shops, esp the warranty card and receipt.

It is known that some retailers will use your warranty card and their own receipt to claim redeemable items for their own usage

Yeah i checked, the serial numbers tally. The shop owner gave me the items when i bought the cam. So he told me he'll redeem it from nikon on my behalf instead. Which i believe is out of goodwill. But having me to go down twice and telling me that some items have yet to be redeemed, so he'll hold my card until he gets them from nikon, that is a little too.....?

I mean, does that mean that i won't have my warranty card if he don't ever get his items from nikon? I'm just seeking opinions from bros here, don't wanna make a big issue out of it since it's not beneficial for both parties. Haha..

anyone faces the autofocus or camera lock-up issue so far?
I read online and seems that this is happening to quite a few d90 users.

"Autofocus just stop working suddenly, had to twist the lens or take out the battery"
"f___ err is also quite frequent"

Yeah i checked, the serial numbers tally. The shop owner gave me the items when i bought the cam. So he told me he'll redeem it from nikon on my behalf instead. Which i believe is out of goodwill. But having me to go down twice and telling me that some items have yet to be redeemed, so he'll hold my card until he gets them from nikon, that is a little too.....?

I mean, does that mean that i won't have my warranty card if he don't ever get his items from nikon? I'm just seeking opinions from bros here, don't wanna make a big issue out of it since it's not beneficial for both parties. Haha..

Give the shop a time line. If they do not redeem by then, it is their problem.

Actually, you are supposed to redeem the stuff on your own from Nikon. There is also a purchase with purchase, where you can buy a Kata bag with manfrotto monopod for $99 from Nikon, with receipt and warranty card. Are they doing that instead?

Hi Guys.. I'm a hobbyist and have D 90 and E-510 as a back up. My question is, can I use the Tumax DPT386AFZ (ttl with olympus) flash to my D 90? I am just worried for any problems that might affect my camera or flash..

thanks..

yntine..

Hi Guys.. I'm a hobbyist and have D 90 and E-510 as a back up. My question is, can I use the Tumax DPT386AFZ (ttl with olympus) flash to my D 90? I am just worried for any problems that might affect my camera or flash..

thanks..

yntine..

You can use the flash as a off-camera flash it it has the ability built in, or if you attach a radio trigger for it. But I am quite sure it will not do TTL on the D90.

Thanks daredevil123.. and yes Tumax DPT386AFZ has the built in ability and worked as off-cam flash. My main concern is that if I hook it on the D90 hot shoe, I'm afraid that something might happen to the camera or flash electronically..??

Thanks daredevil123.. and yes Tumax DPT386AFZ has the built in ability and worked as off-cam flash. My main concern is that if I hook it on the D90 hot shoe, I'm afraid that something might happen to the camera or flash electronically..??

Depends. Most likely, there will be no issue. But with older flashes for film cameras, you really have to watch out. The high trigger voltage may burn your camera's electronics.

Give the shop a time line. If they do not redeem by then, it is their problem.

Actually, you are supposed to redeem the stuff on your own from Nikon. There is also a purchase with purchase, where you can buy a Kata bag with manfrotto monopod for $99 from Nikon, with receipt and warranty card. Are they doing that instead?

Oh ya! Hmmm the shop could be getting cheaper items as well. HAHA! Hmmm the bag isn't really useful for now but the monopod seem useful =\:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.