D90 User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of buying a 50mm or a 35mm to use. As i understand it, 35mm seems to be a good lens to have for travel purposes (the primarily reason i use the cam)... Any counter views to this?

I was also attracted to the 50mm's ability to do potraits nicely.. but may get 85mm in the future instead if i get the 35mm now.

I was thinking of buying a 50mm or a 35mm to use. As i understand it, 35mm seems to be a good lens to have for travel purposes (the primarily reason i use the cam)... Any counter views to this?

I was also attracted to the 50mm's ability to do potraits nicely.. but may get 85mm in the future instead if i get the 35mm now.

35mm will be a better choice for a standard shooting lens. As 50mm on the D90 will be too tight, even for indoors. I was once faced with this similar situation. Ended up, return my friend the loaned 50 and got myself the AFS35 1.8. No regrets since! :thumbsup:

Makes sense to get the 85mm as another solely portraits/tele glass!

Hi,

Just sold my canon 50D and my canon lens... Was thinking of joining the dark side too with the D90.... but dunno if I am able to get use to the different user interface... =)

Cheers

how different can it be? if you understand how to handle a dslr, i think it's not a problem if its canon, nikon or even pentax. :D

Hi,

Just sold my canon 50D and my canon lens... Was thinking of joining the dark side too with the D90.... but dunno if I am able to get use to the different user interface... =)

Cheers

No one here know how to use it right away when they are first introduced to Nikon.
you always have to start from somewhere right? if tats whats stopping u, why bother selling ur canon stuff in the first place? :)

Get both 50mm and 35mm :thumbsup: :sticktong

Been a D90 user for a month now..
Learning and enjoying it..

mkt

Yup! Totally agreed. I always keen on learning new things. Hmmm now is to decide what lens to get together with it. 18-105 or 18-200 :)

18-200 if u want more reach. But isn't 18-105 the kit I? Or u haven't got your camera?

hey guys virgin post here, just got my d90 last week still trying to look up more on photography.... hope to get some advice from all you pros here :)

35mm will be a better choice for a standard shooting lens. As 50mm on the D90 will be too tight, even for indoors. I was once faced with this similar situation. Ended up, return my friend the loaned 50 and got myself the AFS35 1.8. No regrets since! :thumbsup:

Makes sense to get the 85mm as another solely portraits/tele glass!

agree abt the 50mm being abit too tight on the DX format D90 for "regular" shooting and indoors. would have gone straight for the 35mm if not for the big price diff from the 50mm.

hey guys virgin post here, just got my d90 last week still trying to look up more on photography.... hope to get some advice from all you pros here :)

Welcome to CS! Enjoy your stay!

I set my D90 sensor cleaning program to start/shutdown clean, after setting it i on and off it to see if it cleans. But I not sure abt it as it didn't say any cleaning in progress. Unlike canon 50D it will. Please verify. thank you.

Any bros sis here buy remote shutter pls share with me how n wat brand. No idea get which.
Are you looking for wired or wireless? You can get the original ML-L3 wireless from the authorised dealers .
If you are looking for 3rd party ones, check out here ;)

also got my d90 a few days ago!
testing lots of stuff out too kekeke
did u guys buy anything more than the kit lens?

thanks for the recommendation.
wat remote are u using?
ML-L3. Only problem is if someone else is also using the same remote, it will fire your cam if both of you are nearby. But chances are rare. Can cosider the wired one. Chk out the link I gave you? You can go down to the shop & take a look ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.