D7000 users (Part 4)

i see from the site that unclefai recommend looks good on warranty part

At Techno Gadgets, all website purchases comes with a 12-month Locally Serviced Warranty which allows you to repair your camera/lens locally at an Authorised Service Centre (e.g., Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, etc.) provided that the fault is due to manufacture defect (Normal wear and tear or accidental damage are excluded). Once all the requisite documentation is provided to us, we will fully reimburse you.

hi, have been playing my d7000 with the flash. as going to hk soon , maybe take the opportunity to get a flash too. as i google, is it the best flash for d7000 is sb700? local price? thanks

buzzmario said:
hi, have been playing my d7000 with the flash. as going to hk soon , maybe take the opportunity to get a flash too. as i google, is it the best flash for d7000 is sb700? local price? thanks

Best or not depends on what you expect from the flash but for general usage, the SB-700 will do nicely. Price is around $400

buzzmario said:

SB 700, SB 910. Both are good.

Anyone here use their d7000 with the sigma 17-50 HSM? can comment on the performance?

crazyson said:
Anyone here use their d7000 with the sigma 17-50 HSM? can comment on the performance?

Not sure, but can say that build quality is 2nd grade. I tried 30mm sigma and feels like a gearbox inside, just a thought.

crazyson said:

Tried the lens on a 550D, I can say that its better built than the Tamron version, AF and OS works pretty well too.

Not sure, but can say that build quality is 2nd grade. I tried 30mm sigma and feels like a gearbox inside, just a thought.

what do you mean when you say build quality is 2nd grade? any examples?

Tried the lens on a 550D, I can say that its better built than the Tamron version, AF and OS works pretty well too.

thanks! was wondering how it would stand up against the nikon 17-55 though.. googled but the results are quite inconsistent throughout the reviews..

crazyson said:
what do you mean when you say build quality is 2nd grade? any examples?

I meant to say that I did not like the feel of sigma 30mm lens, I felt grinding noise when lens focus and plastic was cheap, not complimenting my d7000 body.

But the one you mentioned may have a better feel, my experience is limited to sigma 30mm which I don't buy and now happy with a Nikon lens.

Good luck.

i am looking at this too. caost around 1 k but just worry it need calibration after purchase. like very lay jie.

hi, can anyone tell me which lens is best to bring for ROM shots and which lens is recommended for portrait shots?
Will prefer not to post what i have in mind so can have alternate views on it. Thanks.

Gribber said:
hi, can anyone tell me which lens is best to bring for ROM shots and which lens is recommended for portrait shots?
Will prefer not to post what i have in mind so can have alternate views on it. Thanks.

Some use prime lenses, some use fast zoom lenses. Others make do with slower and cheaper zoom lenses.

Flash may or may not be used.

Some use prime lenses, some use fast zoom lenses. Others make do with slower and cheaper zoom lenses.

Flash may or may not be used.

any model no. (on lens) to set me in the right direction? thx

And if primes okay for you? Or die due must be zoom?

Gribber said:
any model no. (on lens) to set me in the right direction? thx

24,35, 50, 85, 105. Take your pick

Gribber said:

I'd say zoom (24-70) for rom, prime(?) for portraits. But it's really hard to say for primes. U can't b switching lenses while moving ard, can u?