D7000 user...fall in!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with luckyorange. Maybe it's just a sudden urge like how so many teens wanna buy DSLRs to look cool. If it still doesn't goes off in a few days, then maybe Canon doesn't suits you as much as Nikon after all.

By the way what equipment you have for Canon? And any left for Nikon that you haven't sold? I'm not buying. Just asking

Look at his sig, quite a bit of equipment...

Blitz: if you are getting Nikon again, I suggest you keep your Canon as well cos I feel that you may want to switch back again in future...

SkimMilk said:
Look at his sig, quite a bit of equipment...

Blitz: if you are getting Nikon again, I suggest you keep your Canon as well cos I feel that you may want to switch back again in future...

Break the bank, just get 2 D3s and you can take a long break from camera purchases.

Cowseye said:
Break the bank, just get 2 D3s and you can take a long break from camera purchases.

Break bank also no use. D3S out of stock and production temporarily. Need break NSC maybe will have

Cowseye said:
I can still see a few sets lying ard. Just need to look hard enough.

Hope he gets it before the Ang Mohs do

anyone tried any 3rd party battery grips for the D7000? How do they fare compared to the official Nikon ones?

SkimMilk said:
Dear all, anyone has a wired shutter release? What brand are you using, how much did you get it and where did you get it?
Thanks!

If u just want a purely remote wired shutter release, any 3rd party brand should do the trick, the lower end series from D3100 to D7000 works for the same type of cable. There are merchants selling them cheap now at mass sales section in CS. Go take a look

If u just want a purely remote wired shutter release, any 3rd party brand should do the trick, the lower end series from D3100 to D7000 works for the same type of cable. There are merchants selling them cheap now at mass sales section in CS. Go take a look

actually, i looked there before I queried as most of them don't list D7000 as a supported camera...
That's why I'm asking for the model....

Sometimes sellers (eBay) don't update their posts - what I did was search based on the Nikon MC-DC2 wired remote. I got a 3rd party one and it works without issue. Even retains half-press to focus funtion,press and hold for bulb shutter release etc... 1/4 the price of original.

Only thing is that there no indication as to how to insert into the camera socket... but small issue, insert wrongly will not get any reaction so just unplug, turn 180deg and re-insert :)

SkimMilk said:
actually, i looked there before I queried as most of them don't list D7000 as a supported camera...
That's why I'm asking for the model....

They do, it's the same port. If u are not confident, just ask to test on the spot when purchasing.

SkimMilk said:
Dear all, anyone has a wired shutter release? What brand are you using, how much did you get it and where did you get it?
Thanks!

Actually for D7000 you can just use the ML-L3 wireless remote. It's small and compact and not expensive

Just bought D7000 body in JB, a lot cheaper than Singapore, about sgd1200++. Local set (Msia), only concern is warranty against malaysia nikon. Go JB and buy if u dont mind.

May i know where did you buy from?

Actually for D7000 you can just use the ML-L3 wireless remote. It's small and compact and not expensive

I agree. 3rd party ML-L3 is like less than $5. I have two and both work very reliably.

I'm interested to hear about the third-party battery grips though (someone else asked but no reply). I'm considering getting one. Only $40 compared to $150+ for the original.

pbear1973 said:
I agree. 3rd party ML-L3 is like less than $5. I have two and both work very reliably.

I'm interested to hear about the third-party battery grips though (someone else asked but no reply). I'm considering getting one. Only $40 compared to $150+ for the original.

Oh thank god I thought no one noticed T-T

I'm looking at Aputure and Photoletix (something like that) grips. Both $110 according to artworkfoto. I thought original is $300+?

Last edited:
Haha. I'm also looking at the grips. Phottix brand maybe? But that's $129 at TK foto.
Original rrp is $334.

I have the ML-L3. But as what another forumer pointed out, if there's a mass of pple taking pic together etc, ml-l3 will cross fire. That's why I'm looking for wired release.

Last edited:
Haha. I'm also looking at the grips. Phottix brand maybe? But that's $129 at TK foto.
Original rrp is $334.

I have the ML-L3. But as what another forumer pointed out, if there's a mass of pple taking pic together etc, ml-l3 will cross fire. That's why I'm looking for wired release.

Original grip now is so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.